Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)  (Read 343967 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)
« Reply #1785 on: July 25, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I am back in the USA and just want to put my 2 cents in.

I believe this league should stay point based. We all bought into the league as a point based league.

Someone suggested running a h2h league with the same members/players concurrently. IMO, that is a good idea. I normally have multiple fbb teams anyways. There is no need to drop the point based system when we could just run a second h2h league.

If we need to tweak the scoring in the points, that is fine.

I am looking forward to defending my title and talking trade as soon as the  draft gets underway.

Good luck to everyone this season.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1786 on: July 25, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I want to raise a request

for NO GAME LIMITS!!

thanks for listening

Edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1787 on: July 25, 2008, 04:41:33 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

for NO GAME LIMITS!!

thanks for listening

Edgar

But having game limits was the only solace for me during your early season trash talk.  When you were 1000 points ahead of me in January and projected out to +3,200 games played over the limit, it was the only thing that cheered me up.  I could always look at that and say "Well at least Edgar will crash and burn."   ;)
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1788 on: July 25, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I am back in the USA and just want to put my 2 cents in.

I believe this league should stay point based. We all bought into the league as a point based league.

Someone suggested running a h2h league with the same members/players concurrently. IMO, that is a good idea. I normally have multiple fbb teams anyways. There is no need to drop the point based system when we could just run a second h2h league.

If we need to tweak the scoring in the points, that is fine.

I am looking forward to defending my title and talking trade as soon as the  draft gets underway.

Good luck to everyone this season.

Mk

Seconded.  Although I think I'm the one he's quoting.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1789 on: July 25, 2008, 04:48:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

for NO GAME LIMITS!!

thanks for listening

Edgar

But having game limits was the only solace for me during your early season trash talk.  When you were 1000 points ahead of me in January and projected out to +3,200 games played over the limit, it was the only thing that cheered me up.  I could always look at that and say "Well at least Edgar will crash and burn."   ;)
and indeed he did.

nice...lol

to be absolutely honest i NEVER get that part of the deal
oh well
I really dont think theres a need to keep it limited

but again its up to all not me.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1790 on: July 25, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I'll disagree with Edgar...I think the game limits need to be there if we keep it as a points based league.  without game limits there is simply no skill needed, you just play anyone and everyone as you can fit them.  game limits at least force you to think about whether you wnat to use a game spot on sam cassell when Chris paul is not playing that day.  Obviously, it is better to not play Cassell and then use Paul the next time he plays. 

« Reply #1791 on: July 25, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't like game limits, and they tend to make me less active in my leagues.  My thought is, you draft players for a reason; you should be able to play them. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #1792 on: August 05, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
So when r we starting the college draft?

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1793 on: August 05, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
keep the limits - i don't want to be penalized for going on vacation and not setting my lineups a week in advance.

point limits award the best teams rather than the most obsessive manager.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #1794 on: August 05, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
I am also for the 82 game limit for point based leagues. It's true the managers may be less active, but that's a result of a good drafting. Plus I usually run 4+ teams at the same time, so I am aways busy somewhere.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1795 on: August 05, 2008, 03:11:06 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
So I think we need to maybe start a new thread for ease, or at least get responses through pms in order to determine whether we are staying points based or going to head to head, or keeping both.  Also need to get a definitive answer on game limits.  then set a draft time (since we will need to do it using a thread here, like the original draft).  It would be nice to try and get this done sooner, since that will give more chances to make trades before the season...

Also, I was just looking through the threads on yahoo in the league.  I had raised the possibility of altering the way the draft selections went (bottom 5 teams select an nba team in the lottery before the lottery, they would then get the pick that their respective team recieved, obviously the worst record in our league would get first pick, but that doesnt always mean first pick in the real draft. this would at least dissuade outright tanking which was prevelant in this last season,and the remainign 15 teams could then slot into picking right after, in reverse order of standing.

Lastly, Since trading draft picks was very contentious last year, are we able to do it in the future here?  I would think yes, since the picks have less value now then the ones which were traded in the inaugural season, although I guess this would be up to the league to decide.

My preferences:

I think I prefer Head to Head, but I truly have no problem staying points based or doing both...

I am certainly in favor of game limits (Like what we had this year).  I think it rewards skill rather then just fitting everyone in.

« Reply #1796 on: August 05, 2008, 07:10:43 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
My preferences:

I prefer points, but would also like to do a h2h league in addition to this one.

I am favor of game limits, 82 games per position.

I am all for trading draft picks and future draft picks, within reason of course. No, 10 years of my first round picks for Elton Brand/Kobe types  ::)

I do not think that there should be a lottery for the bottom 5 this year b/c this did not come up until near the end of the season. Some teams did some outstanding tanking last season and I would hate to have all that good tanking go to waste.  :P

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1797 on: August 05, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
I do not think that there should be a lottery for the bottom 5 this year b/c this did not come up until near the end of the season. Some teams did some outstanding tanking last season and I would hate to have all that good tanking go to waste.  :P

Mk

I was saying the lottery for future seasons.  You couldnt do it now since the lottery has already passed.  I was saying for the seasons after this.

« Reply #1798 on: August 05, 2008, 07:25:13 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
In all honesty, I'm not going to be very active in a points-based, game-limits league.  I only signed up last year to rescue a team from  a GM who had quit in the middle of the draft.  Generally, I don't participate in leagues that are either points-based, *or* have game limits, and this one has both.

Because of that, I'm going to give up my team.  This isn't a plea to get people to change their minds; I'm genuinely trying to do what's best for  the league.  I have a stacked team, but I guarantee, with game limits and points-based, I won't be making roster changes and interacting with my team on a day-to-day basis.  There are just too many other leagues I'm in that I enjoy more.

I don't think you guys will find any trouble finding a new owner; Brand / Wade / Carmelo / Beasley is a huge, huge fantasy core (please, though, make sure the new guy picks Beasley).  If you can't find a replacement, I'll stay on, but I think you guys would be better off with somebody who is more invested in the league.  I wasn't an  active participant last year, and I don't see much of a change coming this year, frankly, even though my team will be better.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #1799 on: August 05, 2008, 07:43:09 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
If this thing is turned into a head-to-head league and evens out the statistical categories, so that it isn't so incredibly scoring-based, I'd love to join.

But like Hobbs, if it stays as it currently is, I don't have much interest.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/