Author Topic: Patriots 2026-2027 Season  (Read 29180 times)

Vermont Green and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2026, 05:01:40 PM »

Offline BitterJim

  • NGT
  • Satch Sanders
  • *********
  • Posts: 9320
  • Tommy Points: 1246
The Steelers have put together a great drive, but they're taking way too much time considering it's a 3 score game. The Patriots D seems all too happy to let them dink and dunk down the field slowly, and I get it

...especially if we end up with an INT in the red zone! Go Jacas!

Got to love Jacas!

Onwenu out for the year.

Is that official? Based on how the injury looked I certainly believe it, but I haven't seen anything official yet

Interior offensive line depth was already a problem for us, so Oneenu will be hard to replace. We need Ben Brown back and for Vera-Tucker to stay healthy if we want to to keep the offense rolling this season
I'm bitter.

"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state. The other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people." - Commander Adams, Battlestar Galactica

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2026, 05:17:39 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

  • Paul Pierce
  • ***************************
  • Posts: 27274
  • Tommy Points: 2829
The Steelers have put together a great drive, but they're taking way too much time considering it's a 3 score game. The Patriots D seems all too happy to let them dink and dunk down the field slowly, and I get it

...especially if we end up with an INT in the red zone! Go Jacas!

Got to love Jacas!

Onwenu out for the year.

Is that official? Based on how the injury looked I certainly believe it, but I haven't seen anything official yet

Interior offensive line depth was already a problem for us, so Oneenu will be hard to replace. We need Ben Brown back and for Vera-Tucker to stay healthy if we want to to keep the offense rolling this season

Probably not official. A friend texted me *broken ankle, out for year* and I took it as truth.  Hopefully that was bad reporting by me - but it looked pretty bad.

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2026, 06:10:30 PM »

Online Vermont Green

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15599
  • Tommy Points: 1124
I am seeing things like patriot fear injury is season ending. I don't think that has been made official yet though. It would be a tough injury if that is the case. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2026, 08:30:09 PM by Vermont Green »

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2026, 07:16:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

  • Johnny Most
  • ********************
  • Posts: 20417
  • Tommy Points: 1189
When I watched the replay, his leg or knee was kinda bent sideways... that's not how a leg is supposed to be bent 😭

Looks like a Gordon Hayward like injury...99% out for the season


#FireJoe
#JokeMazulla 2026
#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown) - Mission Accomplished 2026
I am the Master of Panic.

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2026, 04:57:50 PM »

Online Donoghus

  • Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 34236
  • Tommy Points: 1808
  • What a Pub Should Be
Quote
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
?
36m
Patriots officially placed OL Mike Onwenu on injured reserve.


2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2026, 07:31:31 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

  • Jim Loscutoff
  • **
  • Posts: 2999
  • Tommy Points: 535
Quote
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
?
36m
Patriots officially placed OL Mike Onwenu on injured reserve.

Ty. Dude was gone as soon as we saw the ankle angle.

Respect for dealing with it, instead of throwing a towel over his head and crying for a week or two injury
#JKJB

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 02:31:16 PM »

Offline Billz401

  • Bailey Howell
  • **
  • Posts: 2008
  • Tommy Points: 147
  • B's Up
Why is this team brain dead??
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #82 on: Yesterday at 02:36:31 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

  • Paul Pierce
  • ***************************
  • Posts: 27274
  • Tommy Points: 2829
Why is this team brain dead??

Hard to believe Maye is playing this poorly.  The immaculate fumble, the missed TD to Pop, and that INT. Horrible.

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #83 on: Yesterday at 02:43:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

  • Johnny Most
  • ********************
  • Posts: 20417
  • Tommy Points: 1189
Looks like we got Mac Jones 2.0. Even the number represents it. No way Drake Maye plays sloppy for 7 straight games.

Wonder if any team is open to trading their QB. Justin Herbert??


#FireJoe
#JokeMazulla 2026
#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown) - Mission Accomplished 2026
I am the Master of Panic.

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #84 on: Yesterday at 02:58:09 PM »

Online Vermont Green

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15599
  • Tommy Points: 1124
Looks like we got Mac Jones 2.0. Even the number represents it. No way Drake Maye plays sloppy for 7 straight games.

Wonder if any team is open to trading their QB. Justin Herbert??

I was thinking Mac Jones also but really the whole team is finding ways to lose or blow every opportunity.  I can't believe the team looks this bad.

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #85 on: Yesterday at 03:22:47 PM »

Offline Billz401

  • Bailey Howell
  • **
  • Posts: 2008
  • Tommy Points: 147
  • B's Up
Everyone on this team is terrible from the coaching down.. How does this happen over 1 off season??
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #86 on: Yesterday at 03:30:15 PM »

Online Vermont Green

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15599
  • Tommy Points: 1124
Everyone on this team is terrible from the coaching down.. How does this happen over 1 off season??

Agree, this game is as bad as any under Mayo, and there were some really bad ones.  Turnovers, penalties, dumb plays, all of it.  Maye is especially bad, mentally and physically.

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #87 on: Yesterday at 04:29:36 PM »

Offline byennie

  • Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • **
  • Posts: 2683
  • Tommy Points: 3053
Woof, what a start. Did Vrabel lose the locker room with his shenanigans? Is Maye just having a total regression that hopefully blows over? Schedule that much harder + a few bad breaks?

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #88 on: Yesterday at 04:51:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

  • Johnny Most
  • ********************
  • Posts: 20417
  • Tommy Points: 1189
Time to clean house and boycott this team.

Get rid of Robert Kraft. Fire Vrabel. Fire McDaniels. Trade Drake Maye. Trade Rhamondre.

I think Robert Kraft's political issue with Macklemore recently really did this team in in the locker room. And Vrabel's offseason nonsense doesn't help either. Maye played like trash since the Wild Card Round from last season it's unbelievable...MVP runner-up my goodness. Exposed like frauds I hate to say it. I'd understand losing to a team like Jacksonville 35-24 but 35-6? Maye and team didn't even show up at all.


#FireJoe
#JokeMazulla 2026
#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown) - Mission Accomplished 2026
I am the Master of Panic.

Re: Patriots 2026-2027 Season
« Reply #89 on: Today at 04:32:46 PM »

Online Phantom255x

  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 40287
  • Tommy Points: 3528
  • On To Banner 19!
It looks really bad and I can't make excuses. What I will say, I predicted they'd start the year 1-3 and finish 10-7 and make the wild card round. I still feel that way. They'll fall to 1-3 after losing to the Bills, but then 3 of the next 4 are Raiders, Jets and Dolphins.

Obviously they got to play better especially the QB, but I don't think the season is over and also, guys like Josh Allen/Lawrence also took a handful of years to figure it out and become more consistent. Maye just turned 24 and is in his 3rd year, he has the tools, body and skillset to succeed. It's not the same as Mac Jones and others like Zappe who were limited to begin with and not high-ceiling guys.

Frankly I think the coaching and roster is a deeper issue that'll get exposed further. McDaniels' offense feels like a "high floor" kind of offense but not a consistent high-scoring one like other teams and systems. Mac Jones had a nice rookie season, but that felt like the ceiling. Hopefully not, but it might be the same with Maye right now and even in the playoffs they had a lot of trouble scoring. The playcalling also reflects it at times. And while they added AJ Brown, I'm not sure Doubs was a good signing and they lack depth in a lot of areas which can get exposed very quick when multiple guys go down in a game. That's a roster issue, and the 2024 draft was terrible outside Maye, in fact most guys are gone from it. I guess Maye alone carries it if he is a franchise QB, but still. And Kyle Williams unfortunately feels more "bust than hit" so far, our 3rd rounder from 2025.

I still maintain they 1000% could have kept Diggs. He basically only signed for 8M. Instead of Chism/Williams they could have just kept Boutte/Diggs even as more insurance behind AJ Brown and Doubs.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:40:04 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller