Author Topic: NFL Season 2026-27  (Read 247020 times)

SparzWizard and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 10:47:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

  • Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 34253
  • Tommy Points: 1809
  • What a Pub Should Be
If I'm the Pats, I make a call to Arizona about MHJ, or even the Commanders about Diggs if they further fall out of it. MHJ could probably be had for a Day 3 pick (Round 4 or 5), he needs a change of scenery too. This is especially assuming Hollins will also miss significant time. I'd welcome a Diggs reunion at the right price, again assuming WAS falls out of it but I think they will + Jayden Daniels is still hurt
Wash fan here.  They're already toast this year.  you can have Diggs for a second rounder and maybe a 6th.  you need him and we're going nowhere with him but he's still an impact player with the right QB

I'd do it for a 3rd. 2nd is too steep especially since he's technically a rental

Yeah, Diggs isn't worth a 2nd rounder at this point. He's mid round pick like a 4th/5th round pick, IMO.


2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 11:16:06 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15987
  • Tommy Points: 1846
If I'm the Pats, I make a call to Arizona about MHJ, or even the Commanders about Diggs if they further fall out of it. MHJ could probably be had for a Day 3 pick (Round 4 or 5), he needs a change of scenery too. This is especially assuming Hollins will also miss significant time. I'd welcome a Diggs reunion at the right price, again assuming WAS falls out of it but I think they will + Jayden Daniels is still hurt

Zero chance that AZ gives MHJ away for a 4th or 5th round pick. They selected him 4th overall a few years ago and he had a good rookie season. Is he having a bad year, yes. But look who is throwing him the ball.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
Quote
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 01:40:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

  • Don Nelson
  • ********
  • Posts: 8882
  • Tommy Points: 861
If I'm the Pats, I make a call to Arizona about MHJ, or even the Commanders about Diggs if they further fall out of it. MHJ could probably be had for a Day 3 pick (Round 4 or 5), he needs a change of scenery too. This is especially assuming Hollins will also miss significant time. I'd welcome a Diggs reunion at the right price, again assuming WAS falls out of it but I think they will + Jayden Daniels is still hurt

Zero chance that AZ gives MHJ away for a 4th or 5th round pick. They selected him 4th overall a few years ago and he had a good rookie season. Is he having a bad year, yes. But look who is throwing him the ball.
He wasnt very good last year either. Also Jacoby Brisset supported two thousand yard receivers last year so i'm not sure Id blame the QB

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 01:42:55 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

  • Don Nelson
  • ********
  • Posts: 8882
  • Tommy Points: 861
If I'm the Pats, I make a call to Arizona about MHJ, or even the Commanders about Diggs if they further fall out of it. MHJ could probably be had for a Day 3 pick (Round 4 or 5), he needs a change of scenery too. This is especially assuming Hollins will also miss significant time. I'd welcome a Diggs reunion at the right price, again assuming WAS falls out of it but I think they will + Jayden Daniels is still hurt
Wash fan here.  They're already toast this year.  you can have Diggs for a second rounder and maybe a 6th.  you need him and we're going nowhere with him but he's still an impact player with the right QB

I'd do it for a 3rd. 2nd is too steep especially since he's technically a rental
A 3rd is too steep too.

Hes 32 on a 1 year deal. If he was worth a 3rd round pick he would have signed for a whole lot more than 8 million.

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 02:25:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15987
  • Tommy Points: 1846
If I'm the Pats, I make a call to Arizona about MHJ, or even the Commanders about Diggs if they further fall out of it. MHJ could probably be had for a Day 3 pick (Round 4 or 5), he needs a change of scenery too. This is especially assuming Hollins will also miss significant time. I'd welcome a Diggs reunion at the right price, again assuming WAS falls out of it but I think they will + Jayden Daniels is still hurt

Zero chance that AZ gives MHJ away for a 4th or 5th round pick. They selected him 4th overall a few years ago and he had a good rookie season. Is he having a bad year, yes. But look who is throwing him the ball.
He wasnt very good last year either. Also Jacoby Brisset supported two thousand yard receivers last year so i'm not sure Id blame the QB

Through 4 games, Brissett has thrown for 800 yards, has 6TD and 4INT. He is not good. MHJ is a deep ball receiver. Jacoby does not throw long passes. He dinks and dunks. So yes, I blame the QB.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:48:53 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
Quote
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #35 on: Today at 12:45:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

  • NCE
  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 34192
  • Tommy Points: 10360
If I'm the Pats, I make a call to Arizona about MHJ, or even the Commanders about Diggs if they further fall out of it. MHJ could probably be had for a Day 3 pick (Round 4 or 5), he needs a change of scenery too. This is especially assuming Hollins will also miss significant time. I'd welcome a Diggs reunion at the right price, again assuming WAS falls out of it but I think they will + Jayden Daniels is still hurt
Wash fan here.  They're already toast this year.  you can have Diggs for a second rounder and maybe a 6th.  you need him and we're going nowhere with him but he's still an impact player with the right QB

I'd do it for a 3rd. 2nd is too steep especially since he's technically a rental
A 3rd is too steep too.

Hes 32 on a 1 year deal. If he was worth a 3rd round pick he would have signed for a whole lot more than 8 million.
hey, Wash fans need all we can get so I'd really like a 2nd for him.  we won't get it.  doesn't mean I don't want it.

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #36 on: Today at 03:40:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

  • Don Nelson
  • ********
  • Posts: 8882
  • Tommy Points: 861
If I'm the Pats, I make a call to Arizona about MHJ, or even the Commanders about Diggs if they further fall out of it. MHJ could probably be had for a Day 3 pick (Round 4 or 5), he needs a change of scenery too. This is especially assuming Hollins will also miss significant time. I'd welcome a Diggs reunion at the right price, again assuming WAS falls out of it but I think they will + Jayden Daniels is still hurt

Zero chance that AZ gives MHJ away for a 4th or 5th round pick. They selected him 4th overall a few years ago and he had a good rookie season. Is he having a bad year, yes. But look who is throwing him the ball.
He wasnt very good last year either. Also Jacoby Brisset supported two thousand yard receivers last year so i'm not sure Id blame the QB

Through 4 games, Brissett has thrown for 800 yards, has 6TD and 4INT. He is not good. MHJ is a deep ball receiver. Jacoby does not throw long passes. He dinks and dunks. So yes, I blame the QB.
Last year Brisset threw for 280 yards a game (4700 yard pace) and Harrison still stunk.

Michael Wilson is doing just fine with Jacoby.

To be fair, the offense probably ISNT doing him any favors. Its just hes not doing himself any either.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:02:36 PM by Ilikesports17 »

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #37 on: Today at 06:44:23 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15987
  • Tommy Points: 1846
If I'm the Pats, I make a call to Arizona about MHJ, or even the Commanders about Diggs if they further fall out of it. MHJ could probably be had for a Day 3 pick (Round 4 or 5), he needs a change of scenery too. This is especially assuming Hollins will also miss significant time. I'd welcome a Diggs reunion at the right price, again assuming WAS falls out of it but I think they will + Jayden Daniels is still hurt

Zero chance that AZ gives MHJ away for a 4th or 5th round pick. They selected him 4th overall a few years ago and he had a good rookie season. Is he having a bad year, yes. But look who is throwing him the ball.
He wasnt very good last year either. Also Jacoby Brisset supported two thousand yard receivers last year so i'm not sure Id blame the QB

Through 4 games, Brissett has thrown for 800 yards, has 6TD and 4INT. He is not good. MHJ is a deep ball receiver. Jacoby does not throw long passes. He dinks and dunks. So yes, I blame the QB.
Last year Brisset threw for 280 yards a game (4700 yard pace) and Harrison still stunk.

Michael Wilson is doing just fine with Jacoby.

To be fair, the offense probably ISNT doing him any favors. Its just hes not doing himself any either.

MHJ had 900 yards and 8TD?s as a rookie with Murray. Brissett does not throw long passes. This is why MHJ is not being targeted often. Jacoby is a very conservative QB.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:22:53 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
Quote
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #38 on: Today at 07:49:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 40310
  • Tommy Points: 3529
  • On To Banner 19!
Either way, the Pats need to really consider a move at WR. Or maybe even RB if Stevenson is hurt, but if Henderson can't step it up then I worry about the lack of depth there too.

Diggs should be a priority. Frankly they should have never let him go, not for just 8M if that was the price. A Brown-Diggs-Doubs group would be elite and you'd still in theory have Hollins-Douglas-Chism behind them. Feels to me like they hitched their wagon on Kyle Williams and I'll be honest, he screams bust. Maye doesn't even seem to throw to him which I find telling, he's more comfortable even with Chism as last week showed when Hollins got hurt and he got out there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #39 on: Today at 08:35:02 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15987
  • Tommy Points: 1846
Either way, the Pats need to really consider a move at WR. Or maybe even RB if Stevenson is hurt, but if Henderson can't step it up then I worry about the lack of depth there too.

Diggs should be a priority. Frankly they should have never let him go, not for just 8M if that was the price. A Brown-Diggs-Doubs group would be elite and you'd still in theory have Hollins-Douglas-Chism behind them. Feels to me like they hitched their wagon on Kyle Williams and I'll be honest, he screams bust. Maye doesn't even seem to throw to him which I find telling, he's more comfortable even with Chism as last week showed when Hollins got hurt and he got out there.

Thing with Diggs is, he was looking for $20M when free agency started. So the Pats went with Doubs. If the price was $8M from the beginning he would likely be in NE.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
Quote
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: NFL Season 2026-27
« Reply #40 on: Today at 11:12:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

  • Johnny Most
  • ********************
  • Posts: 20433
  • Tommy Points: 1189
Either way, the Pats need to really consider a move at WR. Or maybe even RB if Stevenson is hurt, but if Henderson can't step it up then I worry about the lack of depth there too.

Diggs should be a priority. Frankly they should have never let him go, not for just 8M if that was the price. A Brown-Diggs-Doubs group would be elite and you'd still in theory have Hollins-Douglas-Chism behind them. Feels to me like they hitched their wagon on Kyle Williams and I'll be honest, he screams bust. Maye doesn't even seem to throw to him which I find telling, he's more comfortable even with Chism as last week showed when Hollins got hurt and he got out there.

Thing with Diggs is, he was looking for $20M when free agency started. So the Pats went with Doubs. If the price was $8M from the beginning he would likely be in NE.

Could they have paid Diggs and keep Boutte instead of signing Doubs?


#FireJoe
#JokeMazulla 2026
#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown) - Mission Accomplished 2026
I am the Master of Panic.