Author Topic: Jaylen Traded to PHI for PG, 2 First Round Picks & 2 Second Round Picks  (Read 139140 times)

aefgogreen, Vermont Green and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline No Nickname

  • Bill Walton
  • *
  • Posts: 1136
  • Tommy Points: 116
Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread. But did everyone see Jaylen's wildly petulant "next question" answer to the "who is the alpha" question at media day?

I am not the biggest Brown guy, but I disagree here. I think he handled that question fine and gave it the amount of attention it deserved.

Yeah, it's a dumb question that's just looking for clicks. Later in the season similar questions like "who takes the last shot with the game on the line in the playoffs", but that's a less dumb question and waits until the team actually sees how they mesh together

It's a less dumb question, but the answer from any professional should be "whoever has the best look".  It's why some of the most iconic shots in NBA history were hit by Kerr, Paxton and Horry.

It's something that I really haven't liked under Joe.  Tatum -- even with Brown -- was almost always getting the ball, and was almost always taking the last shot.

An iso, pound-the-ball, step-back three? 

My favorite, high-percentage shot!

Online Vermont Green

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15608
  • Tommy Points: 1125
Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread. But did everyone see Jaylen's wildly petulant "next question" answer to the "who is the alpha" question at media day?

I am not the biggest Brown guy, but I disagree here. I think he handled that question fine and gave it the amount of attention it deserved.

Yeah, it's a dumb question that's just looking for clicks. Later in the season similar questions like "who takes the last shot with the game on the line in the playoffs", but that's a less dumb question and waits until the team actually sees how they mesh together

It's a less dumb question, but the answer from any professional should be "whoever has the best look".  It's why some of the most iconic shots in NBA history were hit by Kerr, Paxton and Horry.

It's something that I really haven't liked under Joe.  Tatum -- even with Brown -- was almost always getting the ball, and was almost always taking the last shot.

He wasn't asked who should take the last shot.  That is an easier question to answer.  He was asked who is the Alpha.  What is a good answer to that?  I don't blame him for not trying to answer that question.

I guess he could have said LeBron is the Alpha.  I think LeBron will end up being the Alpha on the team.  He can assume that role and take pressure off others.  At this point in his career, he places no pressure on himself, there is no need to.  It is a natural role for him.

Online Vermont Green

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15608
  • Tommy Points: 1125
Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread. But did everyone see Jaylen's wildly petulant "next question" answer to the "who is the alpha" question at media day?

I am not the biggest Brown guy, but I disagree here. I think he handled that question fine and gave it the amount of attention it deserved.

Yeah, it's a dumb question that's just looking for clicks. Later in the season similar questions like "who takes the last shot with the game on the line in the playoffs", but that's a less dumb question and waits until the team actually sees how they mesh together

It's a less dumb question, but the answer from any professional should be "whoever has the best look".  It's why some of the most iconic shots in NBA history were hit by Kerr, Paxton and Horry.

It's something that I really haven't liked under Joe.  Tatum -- even with Brown -- was almost always getting the ball, and was almost always taking the last shot.

He wasn't asked who should take the last shot.  That is an easier question to answer.  He was asked who is the Alpha.  What is a good answer to that?  I don't blame him for not trying to answer that question.

I guess he could have said LeBron is the Alpha.  I think LeBron will end up being the Alpha on the team.  He can assume that role and take pressure off others.  At this point in his career, he places no pressure on himself, there is no need to.  It is a natural role for him.  And none of the younger players will be threatened by it as would be the case if say Brown tried to be the Alpha.  How would Maxey feel?

Online Who

  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 55843
  • Tommy Points: 2630
Embiid is the alpha

(1) whether the others like it not
(2) whether it is right for the team or not

His playing style dominates all happenings around him. A young LeBron could challenge that but an old LeBron cannot. Jaylen isn't well rounded enough to challenge. Nor is Maxey. Embiid is the alpha with which the team revolves around.

Online aefgogreen

  • Jayson Tatum
  • Posts: 751
  • Tommy Points: 81
Embiid is the alpha

(1) whether the others like it not
(2) whether it is right for the team or not

His playing style dominates all happenings around him. A young LeBron could challenge that but an old LeBron cannot. Jaylen isn't well rounded enough to challenge. Nor is Maxey. Embiid is the alpha with which the team revolves around.

It's hard to make him the main guy when you can't count on him to be available. LeBron is most likely not going to play a full schedule either. I think the offense starts with Maxey. However, as he'll be running point, he's not necessarily going to lead the team in scoring.