Author Topic: Stephen A. Not A Jaylen Brown Fan  (Read 3830 times)

Stephen A. Not A Jaylen Brown Fan
« on: May 26, 2024, 11:09:45 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
https://hoopshype.com/2024/05/26/stephen-a-smith-jaylen-browns-attitude-hurting-his-reputation-and-marketability/

Pretty comical and hypocritical that Stephen A. Would comment on someone’s behavior and attitude tarnishing their reputation. Take a look in the mirror, bud. You went from a respected journalist to a media drab and walking billboard for ESPN.

Re: Stephen A. Not A Jaylen Brown Fan
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 11:46:58 AM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 990
That is what a source told him. He is a huge joke. Nothing but hate for Boston. Too bad his Knicks have stunk for half a century with no chance of winning a title.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 12:55:55 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
Is he wrong? I have no idea, legitimately asking
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 01:00:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I doubt Brown cares much if he's "well liked".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2024, 01:11:38 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583

Maybe not, but that would make me like him less.  I usually prefer people who care to some extent what others think of them. Not driven by it, but for whom it would matter somewhat if they were generally disliked.

That said, I doubt this report is the be-all statement regarding JBs popularity around the league.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2024, 01:31:14 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 648
Meh. And I don’t like Stephen A.
I’m sure neither Jaylen cares about Stephen’s opinion nor Stephen’s about mine.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2024, 01:35:23 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3091
  • On To Banner 18!
Jaylen is very well-regarded around the NBA, is buddies with most and is VP of the NBAPA.

Stephen A. Smith has no sources and numerous NBA players, including stars have called him out on it. The timing for him to say it is also pretty odd, like when the team is up 2-0 in a series after he balls out? Please  ::)

Stephen A. the proclaimed Knicks fans still thought Quentin Grimes was on the team last round even though he's been off the Knicks for a while now. It's just more "NYESPN" propaganda. I'm sure on Monday or Tuesday Stephen A. will tell us Horford or Tatum committed some hostile act years ago that a "source" told him about  ::) ::) ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2024, 01:40:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
How many games Stephen A played in NBA? Zero, that’s why I don’t ever listen to him, he think he knows everything but doesn’t
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 01:42:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Maybe not, but that would make me like him less.  I usually prefer people who care to some extent what others think of them. Not driven by it, but for whom it would matter somewhat if they were generally disliked.

That said, I doubt this report is the be-all statement regarding JBs popularity around the league.

Really?  For me, I guess I prefer people who do what they think is right, regardless of whether it's a popular choice.  That doesn't mean somebody has to be a jerk, but rather simply guided by their own belief system.

That doesn't mean I endorse all of JB's beliefs.  He's a bit too anti-Semitic adjacent for my tastes.  But, he does strike me as a sincere, loyal person who cares about making the world better.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 01:56:20 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583

Really?  For me, I guess I prefer people who do what they think is right, regardless of whether it's a popular choice.  That doesn't mean somebody has to be a jerk, but rather simply guided by their own belief system.

That doesn't mean I endorse all of JB's beliefs.  He's a bit too anti-Semitic adjacent for my tastes.  But, he does strike me as a sincere, loyal person who cares about making the world better.

Well of course I generally do what I think is right even in the face of disagreement, but not giving a hoot about what other people think to me is a level of certainty that I hope I never attain.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2024, 02:11:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Isiah Thomas disagrees with S.A.S, btw:

https://twitter.com/IsiahThomas/status/1794761449304215788?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I have been a friend, mentor and advisor to @FCHWPO since he was a student at UC Berkeley he is 100 percent marketable and before you slander his name @stephenasmith, tell your source to put their name on it or don’t speak on it. Let it be known.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2024, 02:49:25 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 990
Well, give me a choice to become friends with Jaylen Brown or Smith, and its Brown 100 out of 100 times.

Anything to try and cause a bit of chaos for the Celtics right now.

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2024, 03:05:31 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714
The quality and direction of media discourse has me seriously considering leaving this sport behind after the season.  They harm their own product, either passively through neglect or actively through hit pieces like this.  Want to know why Jaylen isn't "marketable"?  It's because these heads haven't made any effort to market him. 

They've poisoned their own well. 

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2024, 03:09:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Well, give me a choice to become friends with Jaylen Brown or Smith, and its Brown 100 out of 100 times.

Anything to try and cause a bit of chaos for the Celtics right now.

I'll become friends with BringToughnessBack over Stephen A. Smith as well  :)

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2024, 03:32:44 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 380
The quality and direction of media discourse has me seriously considering leaving this sport behind after the season.  They harm their own product, either passively through neglect or actively through hit pieces like this.  Want to know why Jaylen isn't "marketable"?  It's because these heads haven't made any effort to market him. 

They've poisoned their own well.
You know you can just tune in for games and enjoy them. Don’t have to follow what the media and Twitterverse say.