Author Topic: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24  (Read 19555 times)

Re: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24
« Reply #1200 on: May 22, 2024, 10:52:52 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
I'm also astounded by all the vitriol about Kornet. People realize that he's been playing really well over the first two rounds of the playoffs, right?
Correct. He's a bad one v one defensive matchup vs good NBA bigs, no doubt. But the C's also switch a ton. Offensively he knows what he's doing and gets himselves into positions where he can be effective. So if you take the total body of work, he's not a big negative right now.

If Porzingis returns and plays at his normal level, Luke won't be needed. I'd be more worried about Pritchard and Hauser holding up their ends of the bargain. That's where the series could be lost.

« Reply #1201 on: May 22, 2024, 10:54:44 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I felt PP was fine yesterday. He just needs to match McConnell. But it did seem Joe did not play him as much in the second half or maybe it felt that way.

Hauser is the one. If he can make 2 or 3 3's a game that is just a huge bump in this series.

I just can't get over the slop Haliburton and Turner were throwing in from 3.

« Reply #1202 on: May 22, 2024, 10:57:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
If JB does not hit a very late 3 with a high degree of difficulty this narrative would be very different. Looking back that shot could be a series changer.

If Nebhart doesn't hit a crazy 3 the Knicks could have swept the Pacers.  Results are results. 
Yup

« Reply #1203 on: May 22, 2024, 11:08:42 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 449
I am still recovering from last night's game. I mean JB I forgive you for everything I said about ALL of your missed free throws for the season. You Da Man!! And he was CLEARLY FOULED on that shot also but no call.  Great game from Jrue also but without JB with the defense first then the extremely difficult shot we would have been done. What a finish!! We stole one at home!!

« Reply #1204 on: May 22, 2024, 11:31:32 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
I'm also astounded by all the vitriol about Kornet. People realize that he's been playing really well over the first two rounds of the playoffs, right?

This series and style is very tough on him. I do think the Celtics can get away with playing smaller with JT at the 5.

More than Kornet, the plus/minus numbers clearly show that the Celtics struggle when Tatum sits. Playing him at the 5 might wear him out though, he's already playing enough with the second unit out there, having him use up more energy and wear and tear to battle centers would be a risk.

« Reply #1205 on: May 22, 2024, 11:33:54 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 503
And as expected the narrative today is the Pacers Lost the game and the C's didn't win it.  The Pacers can hang with this team and win the series.  The C's escaped.  The C's are lucky to have won. 

I just hope the team sees these headlines and come out and put Indy in their place with a blowout win Thursday.  They need to make a statement and come out swinging and keep swinging until the game is over.  The Pacers are a good team but the C's are a much better team.  They need to dominate to shut the naysayers up.

« Reply #1206 on: May 22, 2024, 11:39:17 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
And as expected the narrative today is the Pacers Lost the game and the C's didn't win it.  The Pacers can hang with this team and win the series.  The C's escaped.  The C's are lucky to have won. 

I just hope the team sees these headlines and come out and put Indy in their place with a blowout win Thursday.  They need to make a statement and come out swinging and keep swinging until the game is over.  The Pacers are a good team but the C's are a much better team.  They need to dominate to shut the naysayers up.

Expected and unfortunate, but I've pretty much resigned to the fact that media narratives are largely driven to maintain interest in the matchups. If fans don't believe the Pacers can beat the Celtics, people aren't going to tune in to the games or read the various expert analysis articles, tweets, posts, TV postgame analysis, etc.

« Reply #1207 on: May 22, 2024, 11:43:29 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
Even if the Celtics do win it all, the media will tell you it was a "Mickey Mouse" title and an easy path, etc. Who cares. No one 20 years from now is gonna think "oh man but that Celtics team was not clutch and had such an easy path", who cares.

I would avoid NYESPN. They are the ones mostly feeding it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1208 on: May 22, 2024, 11:50:09 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I felt PP was fine yesterday. He just needs to match McConnell. But it did seem Joe did not play him as much in the second half or maybe it felt that way.

Hauser is the one. If he can make 2 or 3 3's a game that is just a huge bump in this series.

I just can't get over the slop Haliburton and Turner were throwing in from 3.

PP was fine offensively, but struggled defensively.

Hauser has to hit a couple of 3s to get his MOJO back. He too struggled defensively.

« Reply #1209 on: May 22, 2024, 11:50:52 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 961
I really hope we see the Cs treat this game like a loss and come out like they usually do in game 3s.

They got punched in the face, they know that the Pacers can beat them. Sometimes beating a team by 25 in game 1 is not a good thing...esp with this team.

Maybe a close game one like this will focus them for game 2. I just don't see the Pacers keeping these shooting numbers up. Water finds its level usually.

And some of the 3s Indiana hit yesterday were just circus shots. 2 by Haliburton and one by Turner.

And keep taking their small guards into the post.

brown was pretty upset after the game. hopefully that leads them to taking game #2 more seriously than previous rounds.

We see that every time they have a crappy game. Then, if we’re lucky, they play hard for a game or 2 before breaking down again. I’d love to see them come out upset and stay that way through the rest of the playoffs.

Lots of “what-ifs” this game, but the last 12 seconds were stunning. What if:

A) Indy had called a timeout instead of making a crappy inbound pass?

B) Indy had fouled on that last play instead of letting it play out?

C) JB hadn’t made a 3-pointer that ranks only second in ridiculousness in this game?

Passover is over, but man, dayenu.

Mike

« Reply #1210 on: May 22, 2024, 11:52:30 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 961

Expected and unfortunate, but I've pretty much resigned to the fact that media narratives are largely driven to maintain interest in the matchups. If fans don't believe the Pacers can beat the Celtics, people aren't going to tune in to the games or read the various expert analysis articles, tweets, posts, TV postgame analysis, etc.

Quite possibly the wisest words ever spoken here and something I have to remind myself every time one of these guys p---es me off.

« Reply #1211 on: May 22, 2024, 11:55:31 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
I wanna see some Brisett - Sam is getting Cardio out there-

« Reply #1212 on: May 22, 2024, 11:59:22 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
I really hope we see the Cs treat this game like a loss and come out like they usually do in game 3s.

They got punched in the face, they know that the Pacers can beat them. Sometimes beating a team by 25 in game 1 is not a good thing...esp with this team.

Maybe a close game one like this will focus them for game 2. I just don't see the Pacers keeping these shooting numbers up. Water finds its level usually.

And some of the 3s Indiana hit yesterday were just circus shots. 2 by Haliburton and one by Turner.

And keep taking their small guards into the post.

brown was pretty upset after the game. hopefully that leads them to taking game #2 more seriously than previous rounds.

We see that every time they have a crappy game. Then, if we’re lucky, they play hard for a game or 2 before breaking down again. I’d love to see them come out upset and stay that way through the rest of the playoffs.

Lots of “what-ifs” this game, but the last 12 seconds were stunning. What if:

A) Indy had called a timeout instead of making a crappy inbound pass?

B) Indy had fouled on that last play instead of letting it play out?

C) JB hadn’t made a 3-pointer that ranks only second in ridiculousness in this game?

Passover is over, but man, dayenu.

Mike

lots of what ifs though can go either way. what if haliburten didn't hit a circus shot 3? then we don't need a 3 to tie.

« Reply #1213 on: May 22, 2024, 12:15:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Carlisle will get the best out of his squad, enough old school not to allow them to go brain dead and not have them ready to play every game till they are eliminated. They’ll bring every weapon they have and use it,  he coaches that way.

« Reply #1214 on: May 22, 2024, 12:19:29 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
Game 2 is in 32 hours. I'm not gonna be ready
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller