Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #5 5/15/24  (Read 16489 times)

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
TNT is sharply criticizing both our offense and defense.  Lots of standing around.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Had we played with that effort those last 5 minutes were up 13 easily. This team always plays down to the competition.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3222
Drop coverage is killing this team like it did in the finals

Go small and let Tatum play the 5. Tatum, Tillman, Brown, White, and Holiday.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3059
  • On To Banner 18!
On a side note, I'm gonna absolutely miss Inside the NBA assuming the rumors are true

Sorry but ESPN countdown has always been a joke and Inside the NBA is the only one that's enjoyable and they actually provide some analysis at least.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
TNT is sharply criticizing both our offense and defense.  Lots of standing around.
maybe they rested and don’t want to over do it in the first half, 2nd half they going go all out😁
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics just expect to show up and win.

Cavs being led by g league guys and an old Morris.

Getting Outworked

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
TNT studio crew trashing the C’s offense, describing it as four guys standing around, while the J’s take turns playing iso ball.

It is what we have been saying for the last 3-4 years too stagnant, not enough movement away from the ball.   I dont understand NOT wanting to make the other team play def.

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 575

Might be the first time I’ve agreed with those clowns

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
On the one hand if you wave a hand towards the ref's you will get a T 100% of the time.

On the other hand he was 100% fouled on that shot. And the refs had some brutal officiating that half, so i get the frustration.

Nope. That is untrue. I watch other players - particularly Luka - get away with this ALL the time. For whatever reason, Tatum is the only one where they consistently call it on him.

Seriously, watch Luka tonight. He complains on literally every single call, and every few plays he waves his hands at the refs just like Tatum with no call. It's asinine.

Ask anybody who covers basketball my friend, that gets called

There isn't soe compsiracy against tatum. Enough with that nonsense.

So you're telling me players like Luka, Draymond, Lebron, etc. don't get much more of a leash than some others? Naw, they absolutely are.

Not saying they're singling Tatum out. I think several guys get an unfair whistle like that, but that is absolutely not consistently called a technical foul in any way, shape, or form. You can watch any game and see at least a half dozen or so hand waves to the refs that aren't called. But Tatum gets called for those all the time when they let it go with others.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Charles Barkley said it perfectly..they not going win a championship with this standing around offense..let one player bounce the ball for 18 seconds then shoot..no Porzingus, Denver wax us if we get pass Knicks or pacers

Is this really even true, though? We already have more assists (17) than we did all of Monday night (15). I'm not saying we are playing great, but the passing seems to be on point.

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2043

I missed the first half due to work.  We have 17 assists in the half as a team, which is [dang] good.  Stats not matching the eye test?

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
When the Celtics play with pace and move the ball on offense they are tough to beat.

They are going away from everything they did the last two games. Driving the ball. Posting up holiday on small
Guards.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 574
On the one hand if you wave a hand towards the ref's you will get a T 100% of the time.

On the other hand he was 100% fouled on that shot. And the refs had some brutal officiating that half, so i get the frustration.

Nope. That is untrue. I watch other players - particularly Luka - get away with this ALL the time. For whatever reason, Tatum is the only one where they consistently call it on him.

Seriously, watch Luka tonight. He complains on literally every single call, and every few plays he waves his hands at the refs just like Tatum with no call. It's asinine.

Ask anybody who covers basketball my friend, that gets called

There isn't soe compsiracy against tatum. Enough with that nonsense.

So you're telling me players like Luka, Draymond, Lebron, etc. don't get much more of a leash than some others? Naw, they absolutely are.

Not saying they're singling Tatum out. I think several guys get an unfair whistle like that, but that is absolutely not consistently called a technical foul in any way, shape, or form. You can watch any game and see at least a half dozen or so hand waves to the refs that aren't called. But Tatum gets called for those all the time when they let it go with others.

Yes, I am saying you are biased. Everyone fan thinks this about their star. Every fan is wrong.

Tatum does a lot of complaining, most of the time the refs let it go. If you wave at them maybe you don't get T'd up 100% of the time but your chances go waaaaaay up.

Smae with Luka, Lebron, ect. You can scream at a ref. You can cus at a ref. You wave at a ref thats what gets you.

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 758
How can our offensive execution issues and our defensive scheme problems be so obvious around the league, the media and even among these halftime studio clowns and yet no one within the Celtic organization (players, coach, GM) seems to notice or they inexplicably think these are not problems ?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 08:28:34 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
Interesting point from Draymond about Horford's defending vs the pick n' roll.
I thought the D picked up quite a bit late in the 2nd half. One good quarter of defense should be enough tonight.

Not thrilled with the standing around on offense though.