Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #5 5/15/24  (Read 16443 times)

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
I think the Celtics fully recognize the importance of closing this out and getting rest for Al and Porzingis. I expect them to take care of business tonight.

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 493
The only way this does not end tonight is if Mitchell plays and the C's put up a dud like game 2.  I don't think we will see another game 2 like game since the C's know if they don't close this out at home there will be a lot of questions.  C's win 122 to 102.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 574
If the C's win tonight and either NYK/IN or DEN/MIN go to 7 then the Celtics wouldn't play again for 6 days, until Tuesday of next week. That would be a nice break for the C's before facing a potentially very tired Knicks or Pacers.

But if they lose tonight and Knicks win in 6 then they'd lose that rest advantage completely. So lets wrap this one up.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1652
Let's GO Celts. Close it out for the home fans. Big Al you are overdue and D. White. Let's get a lot of minutes for PP leading the bench when we are blowing them out in the 4th.

want to see many howitzer bombs and PP bombs going through the hoop from 3 tonight

every body else drive. jrue, jayson, jaylen, DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It is time for Hauser to make an imprint on this series. Does not need to go nuts but 12 points off the bench would be fantastic.

• Johnny Most
If the C's win tonight and either NYK/IN or DEN/MIN go to 7 then the Celtics wouldn't play again for 6 days, until Tuesday of next week. That would be a nice break for the C's before facing a potentially very tired Knicks or Pacers.

But if they lose tonight and Knicks win in 6 then they'd lose that rest advantage completely. So lets wrap this one up.

pray that every other series goes 7 with 7 overtimes in each game

we want the team we play in the finals to be dead tired and have no legs.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Wonder if Bron appears at this game too  ;D

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Ready to get the party started and put this one in the books
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 04:54:41 PM by SHAQATTACK »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
2m
Cavaliers All-Star Donovan Mitchell is expected to miss tonight's potential elimination Game 5 vs. Boston, sources tell me and @joevardon. Mitchell is dealing with a calf strain.

• Johnny Most
It is time for Hauser to make an imprint on this series. Does not need to go nuts but 12 points off the bench would be fantastic.

absolutely that would be great
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most
Wonder if Bron appears at this game too  ;D

bron?

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Shams did say that Mitchell's strained calf is pretty real. Does not sound like its mild.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3059
  • On To Banner 18!
The fact that they announced it early tells me it's somewhat serious for Mitchell. Meaning he's probably done for this series regardless, though it may not matter anyways since they are down 3-1. It's felt the same way with Jarrett Allen, no concrete updates and always "questionable".

But still, I would not fool around. Last thing you need is to have this go back to Cleveland on Friday night and then it turns out Mitchell and/or Allen return. Got to take care of business tonight
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The fact that they announced it early tells me it's somewhat serious for Mitchell. Meaning he's probably done for this series regardless, though it may not matter anyways since they are down 3-1. It's felt the same way with Jarrett Allen, no concrete updates and always "questionable".

Agree. I do not think we see Mitchell nor Allen in this series. Might be the last time we see Mitchell as a cav.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1027

Agree. I do not think we see Mitchell nor Allen in this series. Might be the last time we see Mitchell as a cav.

Might've also been the reason why LeBron was at the game the other night. Privately recruiting him to Lakers lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)