Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Cavaliers (1-2) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #4 5/13/24  (Read 14278 times)

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 573
Wrong thread. 

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Was it a pretty win? Absolutely not. But I don't care, just get the wins and figure it out later. I'll say this, despite some bad Game 2 losses each series, they've bounced back with two great road wins each series. A sign they are more dialled in than previous years. Now take care of business Game 5.

Agree.  It's the second round of the playoffs, we are missing our starting center, and we are up 3-1 against a pretty good team.  I'll take it. 

I think a lot of us expected Boston to just sweep through everybody with ease, but this is the NBA Playoffs and that's probably not a realistic expectation.  If you think back to the 08 Celtics that team (great as it was) needed 7 games to scrape past the 8th seed Al Horford/Joe Johnson Hawks, another 7 games to get past the Cavs, and then 6 games to get past the Pistons in the ECF - and that team wasn't missing a top 3 player. 

If we manage to close this out in game 5 then we are going into the ECF with an 8-2 (0.800) record which is actually an extremely impressive result, all things considered.

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'm surprised that Cleveland was out rebounded by 16 yet had 16 more FG attempts than the Celtics and 16 more 3PA.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 380
I'm surprised that Cleveland was out rebounded by 16 yet had 16 more FG attempts than the Celtics and 16 more 3PA.
Turnovers will do that. Tatum and Brown were sloppy with the ball. But a W is a W.

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
It was an ugly game, but ugly wins count the same as the blowouts.  I doubt Mitchell will be back in Game 5, so let's close it out at home.

Why do you doubt he will miss game 5? He's listed as Day-to-day. I think he'll play.

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
Turnovers will do that. Tatum and Brown were sloppy with the ball. But a W is a W.

True I realize they handle the ball a lot but JB has a history of really not having a very good handle. The Celtics led the league in lowest turnovers. Time to tighten it up.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434

True I realize they handle the ball a lot but JB has a history of really not having a very good handle. The Celtics led the league in lowest turnovers. Time to tighten it up.

FGA - BOS 78 CLE 94
FTA - BOS 24 CLE 7
TOV - BOS 14 CLE 7

So the 17 FTAs are probably 8 possessions (8 by 2 FTA = 16 FTAs). The 7 turnovers another 7 possessions accounting for the equivalent of a 15 FGA difference.

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195
It was an ugly game, but ugly wins count the same as the blowouts.  I doubt Mitchell will be back in Game 5, so let's close it out at home.

Why do you doubt he will miss game 5? He's listed as Day-to-day. I think he'll play.

If he’s good to go Wednesday but sat out yesterday then frankly he should’ve played last night.its the playoffs.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
We re better off with Mitchell playing and getting 40 . That messes up his teammates . It also causes Brown and Tatum to focus better when they are in competition with another high caliber player. 

Worst thing that can happen to Celtics is the opponents stars are out . It s like they think it’s poor etiquette to beat down inferior players. Take the win because you are the better team.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 07:02:11 AM by SHAQATTACK »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 378
Nice to get some reps in important minutes down the stretch, but that was an awful game. They played terrible offense, settling on almost every trip. Just cause you make a tough show doesn’t mean it was a good offensive set.

I’m starting to worry they will coast through the East while the West winner will come out battle-tested. We were literally the most efficient offense ever assembled and for the majority of this game took awful iso shots.

At this point let’s wrap it up Wednesday and hope the Knicks and Pacers beat each other up for 3 more games. Give KP enough time to return and shake off any rust.

not sure it matters. i mean golden state faced an easier path than us in 2022, Denver faced a cupcake schedule last year and won it.

milwaukee can barely remember who they faced (other than the lifeless kyrie celtics) and their championship was built on Kevin durant's toe being too big

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 889

FGA - BOS 78 CLE 94
FTA - BOS 24 CLE 7
TOV - BOS 14 CLE 7

So the 17 FTAs are probably 8 possessions (8 by 2 FTA = 16 FTAs). The 7 turnovers another 7 possessions accounting for the equivalent of a 15 FGA difference.

Yes. To correlate possessions and FGA, you have to account for FTA and TOV. Also look at ORebs. They are kind of the opposite of a turnover and lead to more FGA.

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 768
Mobley is basically Christian Wood out there. It's hard not to think he's a disappointment so far as an NBA player. So much potential there still. Hopefully he can put it together as he gets older.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Closing time tomorrow for Boston

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1645
  • What a Pub Should Be
Closing time tomorrow for Boston

I think so.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Apparently Levert hurt his knee again yesterday.

So that means Mitchell, Allen most likely not playing and Levert is now gimpy.