Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Cavaliers (1-2) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #4 5/13/24  (Read 13290 times)

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
I know the severities and grades are different for all, but dang how many calf strain injuries are we seeing this postseason? And remember, even Kornet had it early in the Miami series.

I was thinking the same . :(

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
https://x.com/timbontemps/status/1790032819189653719?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

No Donovan Mitchell or Jarrett Allen on the court here at Cavaliers shootaround when the media is let in. Both are questionable for tonight’s game - Mitchell with a calf strain, Allen with a bruised rib.

Really doubt we see Allen at all. Definitely expect Mitchell to play, but he very well may be limited, which for someone who relies on his athleticism as much as Mitchell is not great.

This is bad news for the Celtics. Our boys don't respond well to fortunate circumstances.

They fall to pieces when the other team has injuries.  They play passive and brain dead.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 718
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Mitchell doesn’t play tonight Levert and garland will go big. Always happens.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
If Mitchell doesn’t play tonight Levert and garland will go big. Always happens.
Yeah, they are both capable of going off.

Not sure they have anybody on their bench who can though while those two guys rest. They'll have to run them into the ground. Strus as well. To have any reliable perimeter offense / shot creation / playmaking.

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Interesting to see how we come out tonight

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Bickerstaff just said Mitchell’s status is still unknown. Could be gamesmanship but not knowing 1:30 before tip off is interesting

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
Bickerstaff just said Mitchell’s status is still unknown. Could be gamesmanship but not knowing 1:30 before tip off is interesting

Said the same about Jarrett Allen

I predict Allen remains out, Mitchell plays
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Whoa. Nothing official but Fedor (reliable Cavs beat guy) seems to indicate Mitchell won’t play tonight. “Doesn’t look good”

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Whoa. Nothing official but Fedor (reliable Cavs beat guy) seems to indicate Mitchell won’t play tonight. “Doesn’t look good”

IMO if Mitchell doesn’t play tonight he might not go in game 5. Calf strains don’t heal that fast as we have seen.

Cannot allow g league players to beat you tonight.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Looks like Mitchell is not a go tonight.

ESPN Sources: Cleveland Cavaliers star Donovan Mitchell — who’s averaging nearly 30 points in playoffs — will miss Game 4 vs. the Boston Celtics tonight with a left calf strain. Huge loss for Cavs in a telltale home game down 2-1 in series.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Looks like Mitchell is not a go tonight.

ESPN Sources: Cleveland Cavaliers star Donovan Mitchell — who’s averaging nearly 30 points in playoffs — will miss Game 4 vs. the Boston Celtics tonight with a left calf strain. Huge loss for Cavs in a telltale home game down 2-1 in series.

I’m absolutely stunned. I for sure thought he’d still give it a go. Must mean his injury is more serious than we thought

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’d wager we don’t see him in game 5 either.

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378
 No let up!!!!

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2562
I don’t root for injuries (really I don’t) but I don’t deny that when they happen to the opposing team I’m good with it.  In this case it does bum me out a little as I think the Cs need to be challenged in this series.  Not by hyperactive subs playing above their heads, but by superstars. The test tonight will only be whether the Celtics can come out aggressive and maintain for the duration. It’s a game to avoid injury as Cavs will be aggressive. Also I hope a game for light minutes for Al.

Start Luke if he’s healthy.  And mind your X’s and Q’s.

Being a prohibitive favorite is never the place you want your mind to rest.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Mitchell out takes away the entire cavs offense. Now it falls on garland who I expect will be super aggressive.