Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Cavaliers (1-1) Game #3 Eastern Conference Semifinals 5/11/24  (Read 14174 times)

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jrue Holiday says he tried to be more aggressive on offense to try to wear Donovan Mitchell down.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
Jrue Holiday says he tried to be more aggressive on offense to try to wear Donovan Mitchell down.
need to attack him more next game
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most
win next game and put a noose around the cavs neck heading back to boston.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most
jrue at the podium now
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most
tatum at podium now
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Mitchell has to have an average night at some point right?

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
https://x.com/dicklipe/status/1789480561263686135?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

Tatum has his 24th career playoff game with at least 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists. That ties him with Bill Russell, Charles Barkley and Hakeem Olajuwon for 10th most all-time.

That’s pretty dang amazing for just turning 26 and entering his prime.

I’m guilty of bashing JT like most of us here, but stats like this makes me sit back and appreciate how lucky we are to have him. I feel the criticisms will never go away til he wins a championship.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I feel like Tatum took what the flow of the game gave him for most of the playoffs until game 2 the other night.

I think he heard the noise about lack of scoring and he reverted back to hero ball.

Tonight is the blueprint for his game IMO.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Tatum has his 24th career playoff game with at least 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists. That ties him with Bill Russell, Charles Barkley and Hakeem Olajuwon for 10th most all-time.

I’m guilty of bashing JT like most of us here, but stats like this makes me sit back and appreciate how lucky we are to have him. I feel the criticisms will never go away til he wins a championship.
Same. What a hell of a stat. If we get this Tatum which we all know he’s capable of and why we get so frustrated when he settles, then lookout. That’s a real contender that can beat anybody.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Nice win. Got a bit scary in the 4th but pulled it away. I liked the first half where the C's were just hitting those 3s. Those were huge.

Gotta keep that little magic of mine going  :angel:

You predicting a Cavs win in Game 4? Please say Yes! We need it!  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 562

Same. What a hell of a stat. If we get this Tatum which we all know he’s capable of and why we get so frustrated when he settles, then lookout. That’s a real contender that can beat anybody.
One thing it reflects is that he has already played in a lot of playoff games.  This was his 102nd playoff game and he has played nearly 4000 playoff minutes. 

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
I feel like Tatum took what the flow of the game gave him for most of the playoffs until game 2 the other night.

I think he heard the noise about lack of scoring and he reverted back to hero ball.

I think he took only one dribble, dribble, step back 3. It was clear he was going to do it and he did. And missed.  But I think there was only one.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

I thought it was pretty cool Bill Russell had as many 20-10-5 games as Hakeem & Barkley. He doesn't get much credit for his offense but tied wit those two guys. Hakeem one of the great scoring centers of All-Time and Barkley an offensive powerhouse.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2984

Might have worked

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995

I think he took only one dribble, dribble, step back 3. It was clear he was going to do it and he did. And missed.  But I think there was only one.

He definitely had at least one.  My wife, who only half-watches an occasional game with me, saw one of those and said “Oh, it’s a Tatum shot.”