Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (Update: Dislocated Tendon)  (Read 97081 times)

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2024, 12:24:05 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
It’s simple. If you win tonight you hold him out as long as you can. If you lose and he can play on Monday you try.

well we won

hold out now and rest

make sure he is 100% for the finals
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #391 on: May 26, 2024, 12:24:49 AM »

• Johnny Most
Do you all trust Celtics brass, medical staff, and KP to make the most pragmatic decision(s) related to Porzingis’ return to the court?
They have so much more information than we have and I have to believe they aren’t stupid. They may not end up making the right decision but it has to built upon more data than the decision any of us would make. So, I’ll trust them.
I think a lot of times it comes down to the player. Look at Timelord's "I wasn't 100%, but I got to play in the Finals" interview.

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2024, 03:10:56 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar
Do you all trust Celtics brass, medical staff, and KP to make the most pragmatic decision(s) related to Porzingis’ return to the court?
They have so much more information than we have and I have to believe they aren’t stupid. They may not end up making the right decision but it has to built upon more data than the decision any of us would make. So, I’ll trust them.
I think a lot of times it comes down to the player. Look at Timelord's "I wasn't 100%, but I got to play in the Finals" interview.

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Unless it’s really severe, players are the ones who make the go/no go call. Not exactly the most extraordinary thing.

Here’s the interview synopsis from Media Day before the 2022-23 season:
“I was battling through injuries at the end of the last season, that’s just what it is. I made the decision as a man to keep playing, that’s my decision. Regardless of the reoccurring injuries, whenever they did happen, I bought into that decision.”

Williams was asked if he has regrets about coming back too soon and perhaps exacerbating the pain in his left knee. “Hell nah, I played in the Finals,” Williams said with a laugh.

“You win some, you lose some, I don’t regret my decision at all. I was 24 years old, my dreams were to play in the Finals. I can’t regret that (expletive).”
https://celticswire.usatoday.com/lists/nba-boston-celtics-timelord-bides/

Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2024, 06:12:39 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Up 3-0 now so no way I play him Monday
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #394 on: May 26, 2024, 07:54:33 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If he can go play him. If you win you have some time to see how he responds to live action.

I do think Minnesota wins one in Dallas

« Reply #395 on: May 26, 2024, 08:53:14 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
Up 3-0 now so no way I play him Monday

If he's ready to go a few minutes in the first half might be a good ramp up for KP. But if he's still not even 90-95% then he should sit.

« Reply #396 on: May 26, 2024, 08:54:05 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
If he can go play him. If you win you have some time to see how he responds to live action.

I do think Minnesota wins one in Dallas

Minny has to win in a blow out. They just can't seem to win close games.

« Reply #397 on: May 26, 2024, 09:10:07 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
If the medical opinion is that the chance of re-aggravation is very low then I think the reps would do him good.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #398 on: May 26, 2024, 09:12:05 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
If the medical opinion is that the chance of re-aggravation is very low then I think the reps would do him good.

Yup, a couple of times up and down the court maybe a couple of threes just to knock some rust off...

« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2024, 09:38:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
at this point, another 10 days of rest if we win Monday for KP since the finals are locked in at June 6th start.

why even play him. another 10 days of rest, strengthening the calf and practice.

« Reply #400 on: May 26, 2024, 10:05:10 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
at this point, another 10 days of rest if we win Monday for KP since the finals are locked in at June 6th start.

why even play him. another 10 days of rest, strengthening the calf and practice.

He could get hurt at any time. I'd just like to see him get a couple of game reps before the finals start. If he's not ready to go then hold him out. I still think we can win it all without KP but it'd be really nice to have him back for 20-25 minutes a game in the finals.

« Reply #401 on: May 26, 2024, 10:44:55 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
I highly doubt he'll be available tomorrow anyways. If he can't go and the C's sweep, then Finals it is.

Now if this goes 5, which it definitely could, maybe KP can come back and play limited minutes. But again, have we actually heard or seen footage of him actually practicing and doing up-tempo drills? You probably have to do some of that before getting on the court even for limited minutes.

Ultimately, I think the earliest KP can return is Game 6 of this series if it gets there, or Game 1 of the Finals. Yeah it might not be ideal in terms of "knocking off some rust", but Porzingis has been in the league a long time and also, once you get to the Finals there's only 2 weeks and 7 games maximum of basketball left. He needs to tough it out even if he's a little sore after Game 1.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #402 on: May 26, 2024, 12:19:42 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
I highly doubt he'll be available tomorrow anyways. If he can't go and the C's sweep, then Finals it is.

Now if this goes 5, which it definitely could, maybe KP can come back and play limited minutes. But again, have we actually heard or seen footage of him actually practicing and doing up-tempo drills? You probably have to do some of that before getting on the court even for limited minutes.

Ultimately, I think the earliest KP can return is Game 6 of this series if it gets there, or Game 1 of the Finals. Yeah it might not be ideal in terms of "knocking off some rust", but Porzingis has been in the league a long time and also, once you get to the Finals there's only 2 weeks and 7 games maximum of basketball left. He needs to tough it out even if he's a little sore after Game 1.

They haven’t released any videos since the cavs series. For all we know he could be or may not. And Joe pretending he has no idea.

« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2024, 03:36:10 PM »

• Johnny Most
I WILL BET DOLLARS TO DONUTS kp has been doing work in a gym privately with doctors watching.

when we pull the trigger on him to return HE WILL BE READY

book it
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2024, 03:58:22 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 648
I WILL BET DOLLARS TO DONUTS kp has been doing work in a gym privately with doctors watching.

when we pull the trigger on him to return HE WILL BE READY

book it