Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 672585 times)

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #9450 on: May 26, 2024, 11:49:09 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
My only concern is the Mavs catching on fire in their playoff run. They've beaten some pretty good customers along the way like the Clippers and OKC and now up 2-0 back home against Minny. After all, those teams are in the "vaunted West" while the East is like a picnic at a park lol.

If Boston wins their series they have to be very prepared against Dallas. Kyrie probably want some revenge and Luka is tough offensively. I don't count regular season records despite us sweeping them. Playoffs are a new season.

That said, I don't think Minnesota come back up from 0-2 esp after losing two home games. They're too young and Dallas more likely to represent the West in the Finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9451 on: May 26, 2024, 12:50:30 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
I like the Celtics chances better against Dallas than I do Minnesota. We match up better with Dallas. The Timberwolves size with Towns, Gobert, and Reid is tough. With Porzingis we can still beat Minnesota, but they would be a tougher matchup imo. Not discounting Luka and Kyrie, but with Tatum, Brown, White and Holliday we match up well with them on the wings.

« Reply #9452 on: May 26, 2024, 01:15:59 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
I like the Celtics chances better against Dallas than I do Minnesota. We match up better with Dallas. The Timberwolves size with Towns, Gobert, and Reid is tough. With Porzingis we can still beat Minnesota, but they would be a tougher matchup imo. Not discounting Luka and Kyrie, but with Tatum, Brown, White and Holliday we match up well with them on the wings.

I won't do a deep dive yet as the Celtics still have to advance. Not gonna jinx anything.

But I agree with this. I'll also add, while I give Kyrie and Luka credit for playing defense, I'm not sure they are capable of playing good defense against the Jays, White + Holiday. I think it's more likely Jaylen/Tatum can lock up Kyrie/Doncic than the other way around. That could be the difference.

Ant has been bad three games in a row and I think it's mostly on him. Can he show up tonight?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9453 on: May 26, 2024, 02:07:52 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
My only concern is the Mavs catching on fire in their playoff run. They've beaten some pretty good customers along the way like the Clippers and OKC and now up 2-0 back home against Minny. After all, those teams are in the "vaunted West" while the East is like a picnic at a park lol.

If Boston wins their series they have to be very prepared against Dallas. Kyrie probably want some revenge and Luka is tough offensively. I don't count regular season records despite us sweeping them. Playoffs are a new season.

That said, I don't think Minnesota come back up from 0-2 esp after losing two home games. They're too young and Dallas more likely to represent the West in the Finals.

I understand that players always like to show well v. teams they played for, but I wonder what you mean be Kyrie’s revenge? Is that revenge for losing to the Cs with the Nets?  That I understand, but it was Kyrie who abandoned the Celtics.

« Reply #9454 on: May 26, 2024, 03:41:33 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett

I understand that players always like to show well v. teams they played for, but I wonder what you mean be Kyrie’s revenge? Is that revenge for losing to the Cs with the Nets?  That I understand, but it was Kyrie who abandoned the Celtics.

Just for the Nets. You are correct that it was HIM who betrayed us after making those empty promises

« Reply #9455 on: May 26, 2024, 03:42:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
Zach Lowe lowkey compared the Celtics to having a bye week to the Finals. We don't control who we get to play 😭

« Reply #9456 on: May 26, 2024, 03:59:47 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
Zach Lowe lowkey compared the Celtics to having a bye week to the Finals. We don't control who we get to play 😭

Good. I don’t know about you but I wanted an easy route to the Finals. And if Dallas and Minnesota should experience a grueling, exhausting 7-game series while the Cs have some rest, I’ll be happy.  The fact that Lowe and others are acknowledging an easier path to the finals is just them stating a fact. The Cs are getting the essential job done so far, but they’ve absolutely had an easier path than the remaining combatants in the West.

« Reply #9457 on: May 26, 2024, 04:20:09 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 96
If the Celtics draw Dallas in the finals I hope we make Kyrie quit like he did in Game 5 against the Bucks in 2019. 

« Reply #9458 on: May 26, 2024, 04:26:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
I got Minnesota winning tonight. 112-106. Ant has a big game. KAT also delivers with a big one, he feels due. Minnesota absolutely needs this game.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9459 on: May 26, 2024, 05:16:49 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 989
I got Minnesota winning tonight. 112-106. Ant has a big game. KAT also delivers with a big one, he feels due. Minnesota absolutely needs this game.

Someone on Twolves needs to channel Kevin McHale circa 1984 Finals and clothesline Kyrie!

« Reply #9460 on: May 26, 2024, 05:21:18 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753

Someone on Twolves needs to channel Kevin McHale circa 1984 Finals and clothesline Kyrie!

I want to see Gobert take down Luka

« Reply #9461 on: May 26, 2024, 07:18:59 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
If Dallas hits threes they’ll win by double digits. Until that happens the same will stay close.

« Reply #9462 on: May 26, 2024, 07:38:39 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039

I want to see Gobert take down Luka

Why?

(and he already attempted to by punching him in the ribs)
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9463 on: May 26, 2024, 07:58:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1525
Well the TNT crew certainly doesn't seem to believe in the Celtics.   Barkley now says we can't win a title without KP, Draymond Green still hating on us big time saying the West playoff teams are better than the Celtics.

I like it, we want bulletin board material at this point.   Draymond is such a knob.

« Reply #9464 on: May 26, 2024, 08:04:30 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Well the TNT crew certainly doesn't seem to believe in the Celtics.   Barkley now says we can't win a title without KP, Draymond Green still hating on us big time saying the West playoff teams are better than the Celtics.

I like it, we want bulletin board material at this point.   Draymond is such a knob.

Never forget Draymond declared the wolves done after the third game vs Denver.

His selfishness also cost the warriors a title when he punched Lebron in balls to get suspended.

He’s the clown prince of the nba.

I’ve never seen anything like this. The nba community, reporters, etc desperately want a team to fail like they all want Boston to.