Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 671964 times)

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #9420 on: May 25, 2024, 04:58:36 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Media calling Antman next best thing was worst thing could had happen to him & the team..since they won first games at Denver, things kind got to Minnesota head
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9421 on: May 25, 2024, 06:11:35 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 204
Media calling Antman next best thing was worst thing could had happen to him & the team..since they won first games at Denver, things kind got to Minnesota head

It’s been the most unbearable run from the medias/fan perspective that I can ever remember….calling Anthony Edwards Michael Jordan and the face of the league. Huh!? Absolutely delusional. The wolves are built to beat Denver and once they did they were crowned and treated like they already won it when they had 2 series left to win. Weird stuff.

« Reply #9422 on: May 25, 2024, 06:21:14 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
KAT has struggled at home all postseason, where he is averaging just 14.1 points per game on 35.6/30.3/90.0 shooting splits.

But in order for him to get a chance to improve upon those disappointing numbers, he’ll have to continue his incredible road work; Towns’s averages skyrocket to 23.2 points per game on 57.4/48.4/76.2 shooting splits.

« Reply #9423 on: May 25, 2024, 06:29:35 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Minny reaction

We’ve lost 5 of our last 7. Just think about that….
And now 4 of 5 at home.

« Reply #9424 on: May 25, 2024, 07:47:45 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
They better win game 3, of course, or series over
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9425 on: May 25, 2024, 10:46:37 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
I know the individual matchup doesn't favor Gobert (Gobert vs. Doncic, come on), but I personally don't get the Gobert hype on defense. I feel like every time I see him play against a great team, particularly in the playoffs, he gets pantsed often. Are there advanced metrics or something I'm missing??

Even in the Nuggets series, it felt like Naz Reid and KAT were the main guys who neutralized Jokic (especially Reid in Game 7), Gobert only did it like one game. What am I missing? DPOY? Huh?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9426 on: May 25, 2024, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039
I have to admit I love seeing the bullies getting bullied. Luka is treating Minnesota like Edwards treated Denver and Phoenix.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9427 on: May 25, 2024, 01:54:36 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 751
I know the individual matchup doesn't favor Gobert (Gobert vs. Doncic, come on), but I personally don't get the Gobert hype on defense. I feel like every time I see him play against a great team, particularly in the playoffs, he gets pantsed often. Are there advanced metrics or something I'm missing??

Even in the Nuggets series, it felt like Naz Reid and KAT were the main guys who neutralized Jokic (especially Reid in Game 7), Gobert only did it like one game. What am I missing? DPOY? Huh?
It does feel odd that a 3-time DPOY is kind of a liability in some situations on defense, doesn't it?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9428 on: May 25, 2024, 02:05:13 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 96

It does feel odd that a 3-time DPOY is kind of a liability in some situations on defense, doesn't it?

Maybe I’m misremembering, but Gobert disappeared in the playoffs at Utah too, didn’t he? Wasn’t that one of the reasons that Ainge moved him? I was surprised at the time how much Minnesota gave up for him, but Danny gotta Ainge.

« Reply #9429 on: May 25, 2024, 02:17:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
Minnesota benched the wrong big down the stretch last night. Towns should have been out there instead of Gobert.

« Reply #9430 on: May 25, 2024, 02:24:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!

Maybe I’m misremembering, but Gobert disappeared in the playoffs at Utah too, didn’t he? Wasn’t that one of the reasons that Ainge moved him? I was surprised at the time how much Minnesota gave up for him, but Danny gotta Ainge.

Yeah, and the funny thing is even Donovan Mitchell agrees. I know they had some beef (Mitchell-Gobert) on COVID-stuff too but Gobert was typically bad on defense in some of Utah's playoff runs and hurt them. I just think Gobert is kind of overrated. And there's many players around the league who agree too btw. Sorry but it's just baffling to me he's won DPOY 4 times

Again, even last round it felt like Naz Reid and Towns did more to help them than Gobert. Game 7 was Reid being fantastic defensively late. Not Gobert.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9431 on: May 25, 2024, 03:00:55 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
I feel like wolves are better team than Dallas overall but with Kat/ant playing like garbage it’s killing them.

Or am I underrating Dallas somewhat? Luka and kyrie are amazing but I don’t feel like the rest of the team is that crazy amazing.

I will say though I wish Tatums dribble step back went in a little bit more like Lukas

« Reply #9432 on: May 25, 2024, 03:04:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 751
I'm watching the end of the Dallas/Minny game from last night and there's 47 seconds left, the ball goes out of bounds and it's called Minny's ball. Dallas challenges and in the replay, Kyrie clearly fouls McDaniels on the arm but because the review is "just" for who touched the ball last and Kyrie didn't hit the ball, he hit McDaniels on the arm, it winds up reversing the call and Dallas gets the ball back, down 2, winds up winning the game by 1.

Anyone else think that's incredibly messed up?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9433 on: May 25, 2024, 03:32:17 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
I'm watching the end of the Dallas/Minny game from last night and there's 47 seconds left, the ball goes out of bounds and it's called Minny's ball. Dallas challenges and in the replay, Kyrie clearly fouls McDaniels on the arm but because the review is "just" for who touched the ball last and Kyrie didn't hit the ball, he hit McDaniels on the arm, it winds up reversing the call and Dallas gets the ball back, down 2, winds up winning the game by 1.

Anyone else think that's incredibly messed up?

That is messed up. It's also messed up that a few minutes before that, Gafford got away with a clear push when he and a Minny player were going up for a downcourt heave.

Then again, Edwards threw the ball away with about 16 seconds left and the Wolves clinging to a 1-point lead, and the supposedly great Minny defense gave up what seemed like 50 alley-oops dunks this game.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9434 on: May 25, 2024, 03:38:49 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326

Yeah, and the funny thing is even Donovan Mitchell agrees. I know they had some beef (Mitchell-Gobert) on COVID-stuff too but Gobert was typically bad on defense in some of Utah's playoff runs and hurt them. I just think Gobert is kind of overrated. And there's many players around the league who agree too btw. Sorry but it's just baffling to me he's won DPOY 4 times

Again, even last round it felt like Naz Reid and Towns did more to help them than Gobert. Game 7 was Reid being fantastic defensively late. Not Gobert.

Gobert was the lucky recipient of great height and wingspan. I suppose his timing on shot-blocks is pretty good, but he's not a defensive general like KG was.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis