Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 669909 times)

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #9255 on: May 22, 2024, 11:41:55 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
KAT at the post game podium now
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9256 on: May 22, 2024, 11:42:20 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
KAT making the same excuse…thst they were tired  ::)
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9257 on: May 22, 2024, 11:43:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
Ant finished with 19pts. KAT with 16pts… If Jaden McDaniels didn’t go off for 24pts this game wouldn’t have been close.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #9258 on: May 22, 2024, 11:43:58 PM »

• Johnny Most
kenny made same excuse

well maybe they were emotionally drained after a 7 game series

shaq just said he does not wanna heart that BS. he was triple teamed at times and could not use the tired excuse.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9259 on: May 22, 2024, 11:47:00 PM »

• Johnny Most
gonna be a wild series
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9260 on: May 22, 2024, 11:47:10 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
Shaq hammering KAT for his inept presser now…”stop saying we, start saying I” “stop telling me you’re tired it’s the Western Conference Finals you don’t get to be tired” “how can they get tired shooting 3s and jumpshots”
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9261 on: May 22, 2024, 11:54:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
They had 1 less day off than the Mavs.  I mean come on.  And if you don't want to be tired, maybe don't lose 3 straight after going up 2-0 on the road.  Why not try that?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9262 on: May 23, 2024, 12:15:58 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Young Wolves being exposed. KAT just doesn't know what to say lol. Tired?? Please

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9263 on: May 23, 2024, 12:17:24 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Minnesota's ceiling is totally dependent on Ant. Without him they are an average team. When he struggles like he did again tonight they are very beatable.

Let’s see how the media treats Ant after this loss. JT totally got blasted even though they won last night. Perk even said his 36 points were not enough and that he should have had 50. The JT/Boston hate is amazing.

He's 22, they will continue to be easy on him as they should. The way the media unfairly treats the C's is on them not Edwards.

That’s why I’m interested to see how it pans out. I’m not hating on Edwards. I just don’t get the hate JT and the Celtics get, win or lose.

It doesn't matter, after Dallas wins this series everyone will start changing their pick to them next.

Everybody hates Boston sports outside of Boston so I can see Dallas getting all the love.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9264 on: May 23, 2024, 01:28:17 AM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 96
Anyone else find the way the west has played out to be a little strange?

Minnesota has been underperforming for a while and now suddenly they can beat the defending champs? I know Ant has leveled them up, but KAT and Gobert are still the same players they’ve been for the past 2-3 years. I expected another also ran season out of them.

And Dallas has been seen as no more than a play-in level team despite having an MVP candidate who’s been criticized for not being able to lift his team into contention.Somehow Kyrie fits better than KP did? Strange.

Now they’re both competing in the WCF and a chance at a championship.

The west has really flipped the tables. All the preseason favorites are dead and buried. This east has the Celtics and then everyone else has been decimated by injuries except for the Pacers. The Celtics belong but I don’t think anyone expected the Pacers to still be playing. They seem like they are a key player and a year away.

« Reply #9265 on: May 23, 2024, 02:42:17 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 615
Anyone else find the way the west has played out to be a little strange?

Minnesota has been underperforming for a while and now suddenly they can beat the defending champs? I know Ant has leveled them up, but KAT and Gobert are still the same players they’ve been for the past 2-3 years. I expected another also ran season out of them.

And Dallas has been seen as no more than a play-in level team despite having an MVP candidate who’s been criticized for not being able to lift his team into contention.Somehow Kyrie fits better than KP did? Strange.

Now they’re both competing in the WCF and a chance at a championship.

The west has really flipped the tables. All the preseason favorites are dead and buried. This east has the Celtics and then everyone else has been decimated by injuries except for the Pacers. The Celtics belong but I don’t think anyone expected the Pacers to still be playing. They seem like they are a key player and a year away.
Mavs sucked even with Kyrie. They were struggling before Washington and Gafford arrived. Those two changed their defensive identity

« Reply #9266 on: May 23, 2024, 06:01:27 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 204
so who are we even rooting for in this series?  My gut says we would rather have Minn.
You have two killer shot makers in Luka and Kyrie that play well in big games.

Dallas. We will overwhelm them

Minnesota worries me because they got three legit big men and meanwhile we have Horford and probably a hobbled KP. Not so ideal

I don’t know. Games like tonight also show you how limited Minny’s late-game offense is, so there’s that benefit, too.

I def liked seeing the Twolves have issues with creating offense.  It feels like they might have shown their best in the Denver series already.

Yup. That was their championship and everyone crowned them afterwards….they still have 2 series to win and have never been to this stage, little early to crown them id say.

« Reply #9267 on: May 23, 2024, 06:02:07 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
20 something year old men tired??? Seriously?? Playing a game every other day for couple of hours lol..work around 70 hours a week with a family then u see what tired is
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9268 on: May 23, 2024, 07:20:00 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
20 something year old men tired??? Seriously?? Playing a game every other day for couple of hours lol..work around 70 hours a week with a family then u see what tired is

I don’t ever remember being tired until after 30 something. All that money , fame , excitement for glory …I d been wired 24 -7 . 

« Reply #9269 on: May 23, 2024, 08:14:11 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I do not think Dallas is all that good. But I think Minnesota mentally might be in some trouble.