Author Topic: Help me out. Direct me to a source where...  (Read 1881 times)

Help me out. Direct me to a source where...
« on: July 02, 2023, 11:28:05 AM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
JB wishes Smart the best or will miss playing with him.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 11:33:11 AM by bricone29 »

Re: Help me out. Direct me to a source where...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 01:47:46 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580
JB wishes Smart the best or will miss playing with him.

Don't make me tap the sign:

"Social Media is not Real Life"

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 11:57:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
hello bricone and welcome to CS.

here, threads that actually have a point usually do a better job of generating intelligent conversations and enjoyable reading.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 12:15:02 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
I believe Smart said in an interview that he talked to JB on the phone shortly after being traded.

These public commiserations / goodbyes / thank yous on social media do not matter.

gary washburn: Talked with Marcus Smart today in Stoughton: 1) He was told week before the trade he was safe 2) Found out through his agent, not team. 3) Said he’ll always love Boston & #Celtics organization 4) Adamant that he & Jaylen Brown have no issues. Talked with JB shortly after trade – via Twitter GwashburnGlobe

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 01:46:34 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 153
I believe Smart said in an interview that he talked to JB on the phone shortly after being traded.

These public commiserations / goodbyes / thank yous on social media do not matter.

gary washburn: Talked with Marcus Smart today in Stoughton: 1) He was told week before the trade he was safe 2) Found out through his agent, not team. 3) Said he’ll always love Boston & #Celtics organization 4) Adamant that he & Jaylen Brown have no issues. Talked with JB shortly after trade – via Twitter GwashburnGlobe

This makes perfect sense to me. 

Most people I know, when a birthday comes along for somebody they know, goes and posts on that person's public facebook/instagram/whatever page with happy birthday messages, etc.

For me personally, if I'm close with somebody I would much rather send them a private message or make a phone call.  It just feels much more meaningful and personal that way - it's like I'm contacting them to wish them well, not posting on their page for appearances. 

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 06:02:02 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar
This is exactly why there's really no reason for players or organisations to develop any sort of candor outside of the boring professional stuff - it's truly a [dang]ed if you do, [dang]ed if you don't situation.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.