Author Topic: Celtics Off-Season News  (Read 162809 times)

Re: Celtics Off-Season News
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2023, 01:59:01 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Move Pritchard for a draft pick.
Let Grant walk if the price is to high.
Not a fan of Brogdon so it would be nice to move him for a big. As of now I've only seen PHX interested so maybe do something like Brogdon/Gallanari/Pritchard/Muscala for Ayton/Shamet. Maybe PHX bites just to add more depth pieces.

As far as MLE goes, someone like Dwight Powell who would be a solid rotational big.

Minimum guys:
JaMychal Green
Joe Ingles
George Hill

Ayton / Horford
RWIII / Powell / Green
Tatum / Ingles / Hauser
Brown / Shamet
Smart / White / Hill

Obviously the team needs a PG but they seem to be sold on Smart although White is a solid playmaker. Could always add a George Hill to the puzzle.

« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2023, 04:20:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Brace yourself for a second rounder....

How about Jaylen + Pritchard for LaMelo + Hayward

Hayward is a professional patient at this point.   His ball movement would be helpful but he is fragile.  Would you start him or have him come off the bench?

I don't he would be happy coming back here.

« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2023, 06:07:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
- Sign Justice Winslow full MLE (2 years)

Winslow has played only 29 games, 48 games, 26 games and 11 games in each of his last 4 seasons.

Not an MLE player. A minimum contract guy and I am not even sure he is worth risking a roster spot on given how injury prone he is.

I had the same idea (Winslow) albeit on a minimum deal rather than the MLE but I was scared off of Winslow after seeing how many games he has missed in recent seasons. It is a pity. His physical defense and rebounding would be a nice addition to our bench corps on the wing.

Full MLE will outbid everyone. If he can stay healthy he’s the absolute best wing the Celtics could realistically add to this team. 1 or 2 years at MLE money is not going to break the bank, particularly if we can address our need for a big through trade.
Outbidding who? Where is this urgent market for Winslow? MLE is a crazy overpay for him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2023, 08:57:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
- Sign Justice Winslow full MLE (2 years)

Winslow has played only 29 games, 48 games, 26 games and 11 games in each of his last 4 seasons.

Not an MLE player. A minimum contract guy and I am not even sure he is worth risking a roster spot on given how injury prone he is.

I had the same idea (Winslow) albeit on a minimum deal rather than the MLE but I was scared off of Winslow after seeing how many games he has missed in recent seasons. It is a pity. His physical defense and rebounding would be a nice addition to our bench corps on the wing.

Full MLE will outbid everyone. If he can stay healthy he’s the absolute best wing the Celtics could realistically add to this team. 1 or 2 years at MLE money is not going to break the bank, particularly if we can address our need for a big through trade.
Outbidding who? Where is this urgent market for Winslow? MLE is a crazy overpay for him

How about 5 first round picks  ;D

« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2023, 08:23:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
I think Porzingis might be the way to go. Add to the frontcourt, and add a legit 3rd piece to the team that's still only 27.

Brogdon + Muscala + PP + Future Picks (including 2 FRPs - 1 unprotected, 1 protected)

White/Smart/Davison
Jaylen/White/Smart
Tatum/Gallinari/Hauser
Porzingis/Horford/Gallinari
Timelord/Griffin/Kornet

Then idk, maybe G-Will is re-signed as well, but if not whatever. I like that team and it's a lot more balanced. 37 year old Horford can come off the bench which I think bodes well for both him and the team going forward.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2023, 08:25:24 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
I think Porzingis might be the way to go. Add to the frontcourt, and add a legit 3rd piece to the team that's still only 27.
Given his track record for staying healthy, I'll pass.

« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2023, 08:31:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!

It's not my #1 option. But I'm coming around to at least considering it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2023, 09:07:49 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890

Given what WAS was willing to take for Beal, we should at least be checking in on Porzingis.  The deadline on his player option is June 21.  WAS is probably going to end up with nothing for him anyway.  If they would take Brogdon and Gallinari  (for example), at least they would have some assets to flip.

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2023, 10:33:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

Given what WAS was willing to take for Beal, we should at least be checking in on Porzingis.  The deadline on his player option is June 21.  WAS is probably going to end up with nothing for him anyway.  If they would take Brogdon and Gallinari  (for example), at least they would have some assets to flip.

If that trade went through, would you start Porzingis at center next to Horford at PF with Timelord off the bench? Or would you start Porzingis at PF next to Timelord with Horford off the bench?

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2023, 10:36:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

Brogdon + Muscala + PP + Future Picks (including 2 FRPs - 1 unprotected, 1 protected)

White/Smart/Davison
Jaylen/White/Smart
Tatum/Gallinari/Hauser
Porzingis/Horford/Gallinari
Timelord/Griffin/Kornet

Then idk, maybe G-Will is re-signed as well, but if not whatever. I like that team and it's a lot more balanced. 37 year old Horford can come off the bench which I think bodes well for both him and the team going forward.

I am not sure Porzingis is worth two 1sts. Too much injury risk. Also not sure how willing I would be to give him a large long term contract in 12 months time. Not worth giving up two 1sts for a possible / probable rental. 

If the price is low enough, I would take the risk on him but I don't like him as a long term bet so the price would have to be low. Brogdon and a 1st is about as high as I'd go.

« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2023, 11:44:45 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Beal gone

Get in the game Brad

Lilliard before Heat

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2023, 12:31:21 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
What we want is Ayton or Turner or Porzingis or Lilliard

But I doubt any of those four are happening. Brad prob gonna make a small move (like bench player moves or a Blake Griffin-type move) and call it an offseason, like usual  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2023, 01:26:02 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I read a rumor that the Celtics might be interested in Isaiah Stewart, and I really hope it's true. It all depends on what the Pistons are asking for him, though. If the Pistons were satisfied with Stewart, they probably wouldn't have acquired Wiseman and Bagley. So, it seems likely they'd be open to trading him. Personally, I think adding Stewart to the Celtics would be an intriguing experiment. He brings the toughness that our team needs.

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1669397560509726736?s=46&t=RcQxS02XUMyksuUGxn_LbQ

« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2023, 04:30:01 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995
What we want is Ayton or Turner or Porzingis or Lilliard

But I doubt any of those four are happening. Brad prob gonna make a small move (like bench player moves or a Blake Griffin-type move) and call it an offseason, like usual :(

Brad’s offseasons have so far not been “small moves”.  Although I don’t want any of those players you mention.

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2023, 04:30:26 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Let Grant walk if the price is to high.
Not a fan of Brogdon so it would be nice to move him for a big. As of now I've only seen PHX interested so maybe do something like Brogdon/Gallanari/Pritchard/Muscala for Ayton/Shamet. Maybe PHX bites just to add more depth pieces.

As far as MLE goes, someone like Dwight Powell who would be a solid rotational big.

Minimum guys:
JaMychal Green
Joe Ingles
George Hill

Ayton / Horford
RWIII / Powell / Green
Tatum / Ingles / Hauser
Brown / Shamet
Smart / White / Hill

Obviously the team needs a PG but they seem to be sold on Smart although White is a solid playmaker. Could always add a George Hill to the puzzle.

It’s a shame under so many scenarios we cannot start a better player over Smart. Because he’d cause a problem. Wish we could move that kind of selfishness off this team.