Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 281480 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Joe lucked out with the Kornet injury. He wasn't going to change anything with his rotation it appears.

Brissett ended up a +18 (!) tonight, and our small ball lineup killed out there every time it was out there. It clearly helped our defense by not giving them a constant mismatch to pick out, and they were clearly flustered by those lineups.

The other issue that was apparent was the complete failure to help Tatum and put him into positions to succeed after such a miserable first half. The obvious call to make coming out of half was to get JT an easy look or two to get him going and to stop hanging his head. Yet, he completely whiffed on this, and Tatum wasn't even looking to the basket for the first half of the third quarter. Yet, as soon as he was able to get a dunk/easy look off of a scrum, it kickstarted the rest of the game for him where he finished pretty well.

It's frustrating that Joe continues to miss these clear and obvious adjustments and decisions. Hard to feel confident about him managing this team against a true, championship-level opponent in Minnesota or Dallas.

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
Yeah, if Joe Finally wakes up the C’s might actually win some games this postseason! Clearly whatever he’s trying to do is not working at all.  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Yeah, if Joe Finally wakes up the C’s might actually win some games this postseason! Clearly whatever he’s trying to do is not working at all.  :laugh:

Joe can just go back to sleep , just don’t snore , better yet …watch the game from his hotel room .

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I've got plenty of problems with Joe's decision making, but the team likes the guy.  If we're winning playoff games, I'm not going to complain. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580
Joe lucked out with the Kornet injury. He wasn't going to change anything with his rotation it appears.

Brissett ended up a +18 (!) tonight, and our small ball lineup killed out there every time it was out there. It clearly helped our defense by not giving them a constant mismatch to pick out, and they were clearly flustered by those lineups.

The other issue that was apparent was the complete failure to help Tatum and put him into positions to succeed after such a miserable first half. The obvious call to make coming out of half was to get JT an easy look or two to get him going and to stop hanging his head. Yet, he completely whiffed on this, and Tatum wasn't even looking to the basket for the first half of the third quarter. Yet, as soon as he was able to get a dunk/easy look off of a scrum, it kickstarted the rest of the game for him where he finished pretty well.

It's frustrating that Joe continues to miss these clear and obvious adjustments and decisions. Hard to feel confident about him managing this team against a true, championship-level opponent in Minnesota or Dallas.

If a guy is as bad as Tatum was in the first half sometimes it's okay to just go away from him a bit. Just let JB, White, Jrue carry the load. Tatum bounced back just fine as it was and they didn't need him to win this game.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671

Joe can just go back to sleep , just don’t snore , better yet …watch the game from his hotel room .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

let the players coach and choose rotations. joe is useless and handicaps us so bad

its a miracle we are overcoming this
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

If a guy is as bad as Tatum was in the first half sometimes it's okay to just go away from him a bit. Just let JB, White, Jrue carry the load. Tatum bounced back just fine as it was and they didn't need him to win this game.

Tatum had 19 in the second half. I think they needed him.

Regardless, you absolutely don't just leave him out there to figure it out on his own, as it was impacting every aspect of his game - not just his offense. That's  called putting your players and team in positions to succeed. That's literally the coach's job.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

I've got plenty of problems with Joe's decision making, but the team likes the guy.  If we're winning playoff games, I'm not going to complain.

The problem is are we going to continue to win when we're playing actual contenders and not this Eastern Conference fodder? There's a lot less margin for error to absorb the "Joe Handicap" in the Finals.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Ok I get it , he is not a coach , but team mascot  ;D

• Johnny Most

The problem is are we going to continue to win when we're playing actual contenders and not this Eastern Conference fodder? There's a lot less margin for error to absorb the "Joe Handicap" in the Finals.

that is my worry
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

that is my worry

As we can see now , we won in spite of old Doc Rivers , I think this team has the talent level to  absorb the same amount of poor coaching and win too. ,

• Johnny Most

that is my worry

As we can see now , we won in spite of old Doc Rivers , I think this team has the talent level to  absorb the same amount of poor coaching and win too. ,

but was DOC this bad? i dont think so
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most
lets hold off the early onslaught

and go up 3-0 and pacers will wilt
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

that is my worry

but was DOC this bad? i dont think so

Doc was offset by Thibs, who independently ran the defense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes