Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 301686 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2022, 11:37:53 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3209
What a game again by the Jazz.  Down 17 in the 1st half after a rough start and came storming back to win in O.T..  Great bounce back game by Clarkson and really good game from Olynyk.

The Jazz aren't tanking very well.

I said a couple days ago that this is a play-in candidate if Ainge doesn’t make a few more trades, and I stand by that.

he better get busy. Every game counts.

« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2022, 11:40:58 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
What a game again by the Jazz.  Down 17 in the 1st half after a rough start and came storming back to win in O.T..  Great bounce back game by Clarkson and really good game from Olynyk.

I said a couple days ago that this is a play-in candidate if Ainge doesn’t make a few more trades, and I stand by that.

he better get busy. Every game counts.

We will take Olynyk for free as compensation for taking someone from our coaching staff.

« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2022, 11:51:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019
Denver Nuggets are my dark horse pick in the West, and they are giving the Warriors a tough out in Chase Center. I like.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2022, 11:58:29 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1478
Denver Nuggets are my dark horse pick in the West, and they are giving the Warriors a tough out in Chase Center. I like.

Going into the season I thought the Warriors, Clippers and Nuggets would be the 3 best teams in the West. Denver looked like garbage last game, losing to Utah by 20, though. Would be a huge win today and that’s without Jamaal Murray. Starting to think they might play better without him…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2022, 01:03:13 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1258

Will Hardy is turning into quite a head coach. We’re lucky Wyc didn’t allow Danny to poach Joe as well.

« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2022, 01:04:14 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1258

What’s up with Jordan Poole though? Two straight subpar games after getting his huge payday.

« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2022, 01:42:00 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
How about the Jazz 2-0 to start with an impressive OT win over the Wolves

« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2022, 07:29:22 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Will Hardy is turning into quite a head coach. We’re lucky Wyc didn’t allow Danny to poach Joe as well.
Trade away your 2 best players and suddenly everybody else feels empowered and free. It happens.

« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2022, 09:05:40 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 377
Stephen a Smith still dying on that hill last night on ESPN that Celtics are "just one of a handful of teams" who are atop the east and will not repeat their success from last season.

Not sure how he can say that when we just beat two teams who are in his list. It's a long season but you can see as of right now Celtics look better than those teams. I'd say Celtics/bucks are above the rest.

But I do believe if both are fully healthy the Celtics have more depth/talent.

« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2022, 09:39:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Danny has never really tanked.  He has always gone for the win now and rebuild through other teams 1sts mentality.  I mean, Danny has had what 7 lottery picks in his entire tenure.  He traded up for Banks, drafted Smart with the C's own pick, traded the C's own pick for Ray Allen, drafted Brown, Tatum, and Langford with another team's pick, and traded another teams pick that became Sexton.

So during Ainge's entire tenure as a GM, his team has only been bad enough to draft in the lottery 2 times i.e. Smart and Jeff Green.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2022, 11:35:42 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731
The Jazz look legitimately good so far. Markannen is having a breakout season as the #1 option on that team.

« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2022, 11:43:15 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
Stephen a Smith still dying on that hill last night on ESPN that Celtics are "just one of a handful of teams" who are atop the east and will not repeat their success from last season.

Not sure how he can say that when we just beat two teams who are in his list. It's a long season but you can see as of right now Celtics look better than those teams. I'd say Celtics/bucks are above the rest.

Does anyone honestly care what ESPN has to say. That network LOVES NY/LA sports and nothing else. They even discounted the Warriors a lot last season too and they went on to win it all.

I think Tier 1 in the East is Celtics and Bucks. Tier 2 is Nets, Sixers, Cavaliers. Tier 3 is Heat but they are close to Tier 2. Then it's basically the rest.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami takes a step back this season. They'll still be a playoff team and could still have a ceiling of being the 4 seed in the East, but that team just doesn't have much depth and I also  think their defense is going to be a bit worse.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2022, 12:25:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019

I only enjoy watching Stephen A. Smith clowning on the Cowboys and their fans after every loss. Other than that, his takes are bleh. Another breed from that ESPN basket.

C's definitely off to an excellent start, taking down two east contenders/formidable opponents...without Timelord. Hope to continue to see them maintain that record!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2022, 12:55:59 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Celtics lost Gallinari, Udoka, and Rob Williams III for extended periods of time and the Vegas odds as favorites to win the Championship didn’t budge.

Rattled off 2 consecutive wins against healthy Top 4-6 EC teams. The Cs are clearly more than the sum of their parts.

« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2022, 10:03:49 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1478
Mavs doing work on the Grizz right now… Luka is carving them up.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 10:27:49 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.