Author Topic: Hawks (29-31) at Celtics (36-27) Game #64 3/1/22  (Read 20370 times)

Re: Hawks (29-31) at Celtics (36-27) Game #64 3/1/22
« Reply #345 on: March 01, 2022, 10:17:44 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1852
On to Memphis, should be fun.  Hope JB is available.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #346 on: March 01, 2022, 10:18:41 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 748
Now let's watch the Mavericks gut the Lakers.

Not sure what I have enjoyed more - the Celtics' resurgence or the Lakers' struggles.
Obviously the former, but I love seeing Lakers finally paying a price for all the superstars who want to live in LA.
Their salaries and contracts and lack of draft picks has put them in a bad position.
Trading valuable role players for Westbrook was really stupid.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #347 on: March 01, 2022, 10:18:44 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1478
Game ball goes to Grant Williams. Played 28 mins and had 18pts, 7rebs while shooting 6-11 from the field and 2-4 from 3pt. Really solid all around. Night and day from last game.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #348 on: March 01, 2022, 10:19:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3209
Al had a nice game with 4 blocks.

Al always seems to have good energy when he plays. I hope we find a way to keep him going forward. He's a good role model.

« Reply #349 on: March 01, 2022, 10:19:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Now let's watch the Mavericks gut the Lakers.

Not sure what I have enjoyed more - the Celtics' resurgence or the Lakers' struggles.
Obviously the former, but I love seeing Lakers finally paying a price for all the superstars who want to live in LA.
Their salaries and contracts and lack of draft picks has put them in a bad position.

Some Superstar will want to sign there for free...

« Reply #350 on: March 01, 2022, 10:20:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Gonna need the A game for four quarters.

« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2022, 10:26:06 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
The schedule for March is brutal.

A lot of playoff teams. And “easy” games against the pistons and pacers.

« Reply #352 on: March 01, 2022, 10:27:40 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1258

Gonna need the A game for four quarters.

Ja should somehow fall back to earth after that 50 point game. This should be a good one!

« Reply #353 on: March 01, 2022, 10:30:15 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1852
I can't stop talking about Rob.  35 min, 13 reb, and 0 TOs.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #354 on: March 01, 2022, 11:08:05 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
John Collins looking awfully friendly with a bunch of Celtics.

Things that make you go .... HMMMMM!

So as someone who seems to kind of line up with me in terms of how I view this team (high on Jaylen, optimistic currently, happy to wait and see how the team develops, ok with most of the dudes including Smart).

What would you trade for him, probably Smart?

« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2022, 11:14:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

So as someone who seems to kind of line up with me in terms of how I view this team (high on Jaylen, optimistic currently, happy to wait and see how the team develops, ok with most of the dudes including Smart).

Probably.

Maybe make it bigger. Horford and Smart for Collins and Bogdanovic.

But if there was a way to do a three way where Horford goes somewhere, Collins comes here and Atlanta gets a player from the other team and a pick, that would be great. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though, poke.

« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2022, 11:18:11 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Probably.

But if there was a way to do a three way where Horford goes somewhere, Collins comes here and Atlanta gets a player from the other team and a pick, that would be great. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though, poke.

Yea we'd need to pony up on picks.

Not sure picks plural is something I'd want to spend on Collins since that'd be it for the team in terms of major additions. Without diving into it much, it'd be Jayson and Jaylen being the first and second banana of the team, and Collins being a Jrue Holiday type addition (and Jayson is no Giannis).

« Reply #357 on: March 01, 2022, 11:22:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Probably.

Not sure picks plural is something I'd want to spend on Collins since that'd be it for the team in terms of major additions. Without diving into it much, it'd be Jayson and Jaylen being the first and second banana of the team, and Collins being a Jrue Holiday type addition (and Jayson is no Giannis).
I saw your suggestion of Mitchell in the other thread. Him and JB are tight. If he forced his way here without giving up Timelord and the Jays, wow, that would be huge.

Though again, not thinking that's something that will happen.

« Reply #358 on: March 01, 2022, 11:43:49 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Probably.

I saw your suggestion of Mitchell in the other thread. Him and JB are tight. If he forced his way here without giving up Timelord and the Jays, wow, that would be huge.

Though again, not thinking that's something that will happen.

Feels like Brad can just keep postponing indefinitely. The Jays, Timelord and Smart are just affordable enough for him not to have to commit.

Which is good in a way. It's experience over time that'll lead these stars to grow sour of their teams.

I guess Brad's legacy will in part be made when he first has to go over the tax. But Doesn't feel like he'll need to do it anytime soon - doesn't feel like Nesmith is worth blowing his load over. (Kind of explains the Yabusele and other overseas picks Ainge made before, in a sense).

« Reply #359 on: March 01, 2022, 11:49:55 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 548
Just back from the game. They were dead in the first half as was the crowd but you could see the defensive effort picking up immediately in the 2nd half. Also they got Atlanta into the bonus just 4 minutes into the 3Q and took advantage.

I thought it might be a struggle tonight. They had been playing really well, then had a clunker Sunday and sometimes that can carry over. It did in the first half - Atlanta had 65 pts at the half, but they turned the screws right out of the locker room in the 2nd half.  For that reason I was pretty confident they were winning as soon as they got it even.

On the negative side, Nesmith was given a chance tonight and missed every single shot he took. You can't give him minutes in a playoff series. Pritchard only made one shot yet it was interesting that Ime played him over White for most of crunch time even though White was having a heck of a night.

Also Ime has an assistant who makes the calls on challenges. On Pritchard's foul he turned around immediately to ask, the assistant said yes, so he challenged.  Didn't work.