Author Topic: C’s interested in LaMarcus Aldridge?  (Read 4531 times)

Re: C’s interested in LaMarcus Aldridge?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
There is no way this is true lol. I don’t get the love for Aldridge.

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2021, 11:52:49 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There is no way this is true lol. I don’t get the love for Aldridge.

He’s still a useful player, but I don’t think he’s worth more than a second rounder.  He’s not worth wasting the TPE on.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boston isn’t interested in an Aldridge deal (more on that below) and Miami is unlikely to put together the package of players needed to make one work. Barring something unforeseen, league sources see it as more likely that Aldridge is bought out after the deadline.
– via Chris Mannix @ Sports Illustrated

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 11:52:05 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I would absolutely try and get LMA for the vet min lol he adds a scoring punch and reliable outside shooting that we sometimes need at the big position. Unfortunately, we have so many good bigs that I don’t see him wanting to come here because playing time would be erratic
- LilRip

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 11:54:34 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I would absolutely try and get LMA for the vet min lol he adds a scoring punch and reliable outside shooting that we sometimes need at the big position. Unfortunately, we have so many good bigs that I don’t see him wanting to come here because playing time would be erratic
This.

would have no issue signing him and taking Edwards spot in the hopes he could be useful on the court in certain matchups and provide a solid vet presence on the team.  don't see him coming here though.

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 12:53:35 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
depends what the trade actually is.  wouldn't do it for Aldridge, but if Boston could get a young player in the trade like Murray, Vassell, Poeltl then it might be worthwhile.

I’d be open to a trade with the Spurs built around Kemba for Murray and Aldridge. Not sure what other pieces need to be included.

Ahahahahahaha!! Me too homie, me too.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2021, 01:01:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Too old, not worth the TPE, would only consider if he is bought out.

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 01:08:22 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 993

The other team he's often linked with, Portland, also has a plethora of bigs (Nurkic, Kanter, Giles, and maybe Zach Collins for the postseason), so who knows what LMA wants.

The nice thing about being able to talk to the Spurs about a trade is it helps the Celtics gauge Aldridge's actual interest in joining the Celtics.  If you really think he's going to come via a buyout, Ainge could make an aggressive move and trade both Theis and Thompson to clear playing time for Aldridge.