Author Topic: Kemba’s got to go...  (Read 47499 times)

Re: Kemba’s got to go...
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2021, 02:38:35 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
I always prefer to sell my car after it breaks down because I know I will get best price for it....

Better yet, my home just sprung a leak, let me put it on the market now while it is disrepair and at its lowest possible value. Maybe I can sell my mansion for a tent. Perfect....

Thank God Danny is the GM.

TP for truth  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2021, 03:31:06 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 451
The performance against the Lakers tonight aside, I really think the Celtics needs to move on from him. Kemba is  a one dimensional player. if he’s not scoring, he’s hurting the team by being on the court. He’s the point guard, but he doesn’t run the offense or get his teammates involved. Pritchard already seems to be a better fit and has good chemistry with Tatum and Jaylen. I really wanted Kemba to work out on this team, but it’s just not.

Yep but hold tight for excuses :P

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2021, 05:51:42 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
I always wonder - Does Stevens see this ? Surely he or his assistants notice. I thought Danny might have the good sense not to pursue a score-first, ball-dominant PG after Kyrie finally left. I cannot believe he and Brad couldn't figure out that this team needed a playmaking PG to feed the huge scoring punch we had at the wings (at the time, Hayward was still with us).

I have been ranting for a few years on here that to win a title we need, big upgrade at center, a playmaker at PG and a couple of knock-down shooters. We could have had two of those if Danny makes the Indy deal for Turner and McDermott. Then let Pritchard develop and hopefully Nesmith becomes our other shooter. Maybe even find a way to get Baynes back and let that group gel and develop and we might have a real title contender.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2021, 07:01:34 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 770
Threads like this almost certainly don't start if Kemba makes his patented little 15 foot step back.

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Kemba wasn’t good but DA bench is worse. With Smart gone, Teague’s crappiness will really shine through. I still remember how people were acting so excited by the signings of Teague and TT.  Just two more bad signings to an already bad bench.

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2021, 08:04:30 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Threads like this almost certainly don't start if Kemba makes his patented little 15 foot step back.

So, so true. If that shot goes in this story is completely different.

Don’t forget it was Kemba’s defensive play that almost got a breakaway game winner for Brown, had it not been for Caruso’s hustle.

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2021, 08:25:15 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Kemba be alright..if he scores 30 then everyone would love him.. plus no one not gotta trade for him with that contract and knees
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2021, 08:25:58 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
I like Kemba as a person and I was very happy when we acquired him as a Irving replacement, but I have to agree that he's a bad fit with the Jays, especially since Jaylen improved his ballhandling and has become a 27ppg scorer.  Kemba is a great streak scorer and shooter.  He's very good at getting hot and creating shots for himself and jacking them up for 6-12 minutes at a time.  He can really score in bunches when he gets it going.  But this kind of scoring is never really within the flow of an offense.  He has to kind of become a one man show offensively to do it.

I have to agree with what was previously mentioned in this thread regarding Horford and Pritchard.  They are vastly inferior players to Kemba, but they fit better and the offense would flow better because they compliment the Jays better.  The sixth man role that has been proposed might seem crazy to some people and I get that, but it seems to me that the Celtics offense might be better with someone like Pritchard starting and Kemba playing the Lou Williams/Derrick Rose role.  I understand that it's not ideal for a guy with Kemba's salary and career production to come off the bench, but if we are purely looking to maximize the teams potential, it really may be the way to go if it doesn't look like he will be traded.  If Ainge decides that he wants to look into trading him, then continue to start him get his numbers up and show he's healthy and productive because as soon as Kemba becomes a 6th man his value plummets.

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2021, 09:10:58 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 204
Yeah kinda like the Gordon Hayward experience, just not gonna work here and both sides are better off with someone else....literally better off with Isaiah Thomas...sad

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2021, 09:42:15 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Yeah kinda like the Gordon Hayward experience, just not gonna work here and both sides are better off with someone else....literally better off with Isaiah Thomas...sad
Utah fans cursed us when we stole Hayward from them lol. How many years those spells last 🤣😩

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2021, 09:45:17 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

So, so true. If that shot goes in this story is completely different.

Don’t forget it was Kemba’s defensive play that almost got a breakaway game winner for Brown, had it not been for Caruso’s hustle.

While I agree.  It’s getting old waiting for KEMBA to be Kemba

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2021, 09:48:01 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
I like Kemba as a person and I was very happy when we acquired him as a Irving replacement, but I have to agree that he's a bad fit with the Jays, especially since Jaylen improved his ballhandling and has become a 27ppg scorer.  Kemba is a great streak scorer and shooter.  He's very good at getting hot and creating shots for himself and jacking them up for 6-12 minutes at a time.  He can really score in bunches when he gets it going.  But this kind of scoring is never really within the flow of an offense.  He has to kind of become a one man show offensively to do it.

I have to agree with what was previously mentioned in this thread regarding Horford and Pritchard.  They are vastly inferior players to Kemba, but they fit better and the offense would flow better because they compliment the Jays better.  The sixth man role that has been proposed might seem crazy to some people and I get that, but it seems to me that the Celtics offense might be better with someone like Pritchard starting and Kemba playing the Lou Williams/Derrick Rose role.  I understand that it's not ideal for a guy with Kemba's salary and career production to come off the bench, but if we are purely looking to maximize the teams potential, it really may be the way to go if it doesn't look like he will be traded.  If Ainge decides that he wants to look into trading him, then continue to start him get his numbers up and show he's healthy and productive because as soon as Kemba becomes a 6th man his value plummets.

You’re using logic and talking bad about the Celtics.  Two no no’s around here.  Don’t let it happen again :D  ;)

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2021, 09:51:42 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
he had a couple bad games. he had some really good games before that. we will see.  Last year he was our #2 scorer. This year with browns improvement he needs to learn how to be a #3 guy.

I think he will get it right. and he has to because we dont have any options of trading him for an upgrade!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 10:01:44 AM by cman88 »

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2021, 09:52:22 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
I always prefer to sell my car after it breaks down because I know I will get best price for it....

Better yet, my home just sprung a leak, let me put it on the market now while it is disrepair and at its lowest possible value. Maybe I can sell my mansion for a tent. Perfect....

Thank God Danny is the GM.

Kemba has said that this is the best he’s felt in years. Not just the knee, but his whole body. He’s a volume scorer. He’s not going to get those looks on this team with Tatum and Brown. Kemba may not have much value, so that’s where adding on picks come in...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2021, 09:57:56 AM »

Offline Damiano Brancopreto

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Fight!Fight!Fight!
Apart from the fact that this is the 2nd he loses in the clutch in the last 10 days, he is not big enough - and this is especially true in playoffs when things get more physical -  and has a too big salary. Better get rid of him, promote permanently Smart in that position (with the advantage that Smart defensively can switch on almost everyone) and use his salary space for a 3-point shooter Duncan Robinson type.