Very mixed emotions on this but some knee jerk reactions:
- BKN on offense is going to be super potent, but also super iso-oriented. You basically have three elite iso scorers. I think they'll be excellent offensively, but it will take a 2007 Celtics "ubuntu" movement for them to gel and reach their highest potential.
- BKN defense? That backcourt will be horrid, and they lost Jarret Allen.
- BKN bench? Not sure you need a bench when you can play two of those three guys at all times, but yeah, there's no bench, especially with Dinwiddie out for the year.
- For all those still hanging on to the possibility that Kyrie will "what does governance mean to you" himself off the court for the rest of the year, forget it. Now that Harden is coming, he will announce he's rejoining the team in short order, and never give an explanation to the public (and possibly not the team) for why he was missing in the first place.
- THis trend in the NBA of completly mortgaging your future to win now -- Lakers, Clippers, and now Nets -- is bananas. We'll find out in the coming years what the effects will be. I think the NBA has to step in (no pun intended) with a new Stepian rule to cap how much draft capital teams can send out.
- Still like the way the Celtics are going about things, and I'm optimistic about this team, but even I have to admit we might be witnessing the birth of the 1990s Atlanta Braves, ie a team that is really good for many, many years but keeps coming short of the title.