Author Topic: Heat (4-4) at Celtics (7-3) Game #11 1/10/21  (Read 14761 times)

Re: Heat (4-4) at Celtics (7-3) Game #11 1/10/21
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2021, 04:32:47 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
The Boston Celtics-Miami Heat game tonight has been postponed, sources tell
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium
. A Heat player has returned an inconclusive test, and team does not have required eight players to proceed with game tonight due to contact tracing.

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2021, 04:35:15 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium
. A Heat player has returned an inconclusive test, and team does not have required eight players to proceed with game tonight due to contact tracing.

WOW, so Miami also seems to have a potential outbreak (or situation where many players were exposed). I wonder if this starts to have a trickle down effect. Philly, Boston, Dallas, now maybe Miami.

Similar to the situation back in last March, you also have to account for these teams + players playing other teams + players and potentially spreading it since the teams are also travelling.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, that seems like a whole new twist. The HEAT don't have the required number of players?? So there's more happening there I'm guessing?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2021, 04:36:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2021, 04:37:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

WOW, so Miami also seems to have a potential outbreak (or situation where many players were exposed). I wonder if this starts to have a trickle down effect. Philly, Boston, Dallas, now maybe Miami.

Similar to the situation back in last March, you also have to account for these teams + players playing other teams + players and potentially spreading it since the teams are also travelling.

Yeah it's spreading like wildfire in the NBA. It's time to shut it down for a while. I mean, more and more team practice facilities are closed each day.

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2021, 04:39:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
It's kinda absurd how it went though. The Celtics have to close their practice facility and have only the minimum 8 consisting of their D-league players and summer league team available? No problem. The Heat suddenly have one positive test? Cancel the game.

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

Yeah it's spreading like wildfire in the NBA. It's time to shut it down for a while. I mean, more and more team practice facilities are closed each day.

Idk if I'd shut down entirely, but surely you have to consider moving around some games and postponing at least the next few games for certain teams.

Also I added this "edit" to my post and I'll add it here too: This seems like a whole new twist when you read the tweet again. The HEAT don't have the required number of players?? So there's more happening there in Miami I'm guessing that surely we'll find out?

Because Miami played Washington yesterday and Boston played them recently too. Can't be a coincidence.

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2021, 04:42:50 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

You have to ask the question -- if it's spreading like wildfire among players, to what extent are the players spreading it to their families and the general public.  Super-spreader events occurring nightly in NBA cities?   For the league that initially got out ahead of this they are looking pretty bad IMO if they don't act quickly. 

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2021, 04:48:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It's kinda absurd how it went though. The Celtics have to close their practice facility and have only the minimum 8 consisting of their D-league players and summer league team available? No problem. The Heat suddenly have one positive test? Cancel the game.

Contact tracing is next

Also Tatum 2nd test came out to be positive. Brown, Semi, Green would be ruled out

Celts would be down to 7?

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2021, 04:50:06 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Eh I don't really think that's the issue. The tweet says Miami doesn't even have the 8 players while seemingly the Celtics did. So that led to the decision. Don't think it's the NBA "favoring" a certain team, though yes at this point with all the teams reporting outbreaks and being put on health + safety protocols, they'll need to do something.

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2021, 04:52:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

You have to ask the question -- if it's spreading like wildfire among players, to what extent are the players spreading it to their families and the general public.  Super-spreader events occurring nightly in NBA cities?   For the league that initially got out ahead of this they are looking pretty bad IMO if they don't act quickly.

Well said. Apparently the NBAPA is thinking the same thing:

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1348384060700291073?s=19

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2021, 04:52:28 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Game is canceled
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2021, 04:53:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Eh I don't really think that's the issue. The tweet says Miami doesn't even have the 8 players while seemingly the Celtics did. So that led to the decision. Don't think it's the NBA "favoring" a certain team, though yes at this point with all the teams reporting outbreaks and being put on health + safety protocols, they'll need to do something.

Oh I know they are not favoring a particular team, just saying the Celtics were giving constant updates and then suddenly Miami out of nowhere says we don't have 8 guys when they all played last night.

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2021, 04:55:59 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Good. Right move

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2021, 04:57:02 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I gotta admit, I was kind of looking forward to seeing what the available Celtics players could do.  Was anticipating some absurdity and this becoming a "remember when" game in Celtics lore.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2021, 04:57:25 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Oh I know they are not favoring a particular team, just saying the Celtics were giving constant updates and then suddenly Miami out of nowhere says we don't have 8 guys when they all played last night.

Yeah true. Philly tried to do this too by listing Embiid + Simmons as injured but in vain so they played the Nuggets yesterday. The Celtics in theory could have just announced someone like Carson Edwards had an "injury" so they'd be at less than 8 players and couldn't play lol.