Author Topic: Surprisingly washed stars  (Read 2427 times)

Surprisingly washed stars
« on: January 02, 2021, 02:12:23 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400
I was thinking today briefly watching the warriors that green May
Be done as a star. I realize he is coming off injury but he didn’t look
Very good in the few games he played last year and had already shown signs of decline the year before that. He is only 30. I also think Kevin love is in the same boat as he has seemed to have to declined to overpaid role player the last few years. He just turned 32. Any other players that were stars that seem to be in fast decline?

Re: Surprisingly washed stars
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 07:36:49 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Green still has a chance to come back but I question how hungry he is. He’s got 3 rings.
I agree on Love. He should be playing in China nowadays. What a screw up by the Cavs to pay him and what a smart move by lebron to leave them!
I would add one name - Lamarcus Aldridge. He is so slow and injured nowadays . IT is probably a better defender than him at this point lol... He is on an expiring $24M contract and it fits the TPE but I pray we don’t go for him ... people would be hating on him  after the first two games he manages to play in.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 08:53:49 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
Green still has a chance to come back but I question how hungry he is. He’s got 3 rings.
I agree on Love. He should be playing in China nowadays. What a screw up by the Cavs to pay him and what a smart move by lebron to leave them!
I would add one name - Lamarcus Aldridge. He is so slow and injured nowadays . IT is probably a better defender than him at this point lol... He is on an expiring $24M contract and it fits the TPE but I pray we don’t go for him ... people would be hating on him  after the first two games he manages to play in.

But Aldridge is 35 so not really surprising to see a decline. 

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 09:45:38 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I was thinking today briefly watching the warriors that green May
Be done as a star. I realize he is coming off injury but he didn’t look
Very good in the few games he played last year and had already shown signs of decline the year before that. He is only 30. I also think Kevin love is in the same boat as he has seemed to have to declined to overpaid role player the last few years. He just turned 32. Any other players that were stars that seem to be in fast decline?
I'm with you on Green and Love.

Hate to say it, but Kemba might (just might) belong in this conversation given that he's battling with a chronic injury. Maybe Blake Griffin as well? I guess time will tell. He's certainly massively overpaid. I'm not counting guys like Melo or Dwight Howard cause they are 36 and 35 years old respectively.

On the other hand, CP3 is 35 and he made the All-NBA second team last season. Hats off to the guy! Generally speaking, it seems that high BBIQ players have a better chance to stay competitive till their mid/late 30s or even early 40s. For instance: CP3, Nash, Kidd, Stockton, Duncan, Manu, LeBron (although he's also a freak of nature), Pierce, KG, Andre Miller, Rondo, just to name a few.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:03:54 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 09:48:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
Love is in year 13 and is hurt all the time.  Last year he averaged basically 17.5, 10, 3 on a TS% of 60.  So he is old and injured, but can still perform pretty well when he actually plays.

Green is just washed as a core piece.  He has been deteriorating for years.  He can still be a very good role player on a contender, but he isn't going to be a major piece any more.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 10:09:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 562
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
It's only one game for Green coming back from Covid - I wouldn't write him off yet.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 10:49:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Blake Griffin is completely toast. Two years ago he averaged 25/8/5.

LMA has had a slow start to the year, contrasted with the career-best year DeMar would have if he could maintain this level of play.

Jimmy Butler has looked like total garbage so far this year. Not very old, but he has those Thibs miles. Wonder if it's just rust / fatigue or if he's declining.

Most of these guys, besides Blake, are people where it's probably too early to write them off given how young the season is and how weird some circumstances are.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)