Poll

If the Bucks lose the Heat series, would you want Ainge to try and trade for Giannis?

Yes (do what ever it takes to get Giannis)
5 (8.1%)
Yes (but Tatum is off limits)
10 (16.1%)
Yes (but Tatum & Brown are off limits)
17 (27.4%)
No (try in free agency)
2 (3.2%)
No (stay the course with our core)
25 (40.3%)
No (Giannis won’t leave Milwaukee)
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: If Bucks lose, do you chase The Greek Freak?  (Read 8644 times)

Re: If Bucks lose, do you chase The Greek Freak?
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2020, 02:00:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Apparently the Bucks' ownership told Giannis they were "willing to spend" on a supporting cast.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29885281/sources-bucks-tell-giannis-antetokounmpo-spend-build-him

That's desperation talk for, "We will trade for an overpaid, washed up 'star' just so you can watch him go down with an injury and go into next playoffs with an even worse supporting cast. Then, in two years, between your mega-salary, Middleton's overpaid contract, and that washed up star, we won't have any money left to even offer a regular MLE. Good luck with that supporting cast!"

Makes more sense now as to why Giannis unfriended all of his Bucks teammates on instagram

Either Giannis is leaving or he has requested to management that certain players are expandable

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2020, 02:05:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
CP3 is the obvious target.  Would OKC take on Bledsoe’s relatively long contract?  Add Ilyasova and one of George / Brook, and that gets them almost there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2020, 02:08:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
CP3 is the obvious target.  Would OKC take on Bledsoe’s relatively long contract?  Add Ilyasova and one of George / Brook, and that gets them almost there.

outside of saving some money, why would OKC do that trade?

Bucks would need to include several picks.  Or maybe Divicenzo ... Can't see how Bledsoe and Ilyasova does the trick

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Milwaukee is certainly in a tough spot. It's clear they aren't good enough as currently constructed but don't have any obvious means to improve the roster.

Eventually, I do think Giannis is going to see the writing on the wall. I don't know if the Bucks will be proactive and trade him or take their chances and possibly lose him for nothing. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

outside of saving some money, why would OKC do that trade?

Bucks would need to include several picks.  Or maybe Divicenzo ... Can't see how Bledsoe and Ilyasova does the trick

That’s just the money part.  I’m sure they would have to add some picks and/or pick swaps.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Milwaukee is certainly in a tough spot. It's clear they aren't good enough as currently constructed but don't have any obvious means to improve the roster.

Eventually, I do think Giannis is going to see the writing on the wall. I don't know if the Bucks will be proactive and trade him or take their chances and possibly lose him for nothing. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Its too much money for Giannis to lose

so he will sign the supermax.   Hope for a different/better cast next season.  Worst case ask for a trade the year after ....  join a contender and Bucks also get a good return

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2020, 02:38:05 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Its too much money for Giannis to lose

so he will sign the supermax.   Hope for a different/better cast next season.  Worst case ask for a trade the year after ....  join a contender and Bucks also get a good return

That seems to be the play these days.  Sign for the big money and then request a trade midway through year two or three.

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2020, 12:01:03 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
With the recent playoffs development,  I think the Riley (previous and current)  teams are sending a strong message and case of chasing him by showing their capability of getting to title contention which is a major attraction.

Better if he waits and watches team performances (including his team)  early  next season before signing an extension or requesting for a trade.