Author Topic: What should have been draft week MOCK DRAFT  (Read 2039 times)

Re: What should have been draft week MOCK DRAFT
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 05:18:26 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 359
Thanks for the mock draft! I'm here for all the draft discussion threads you can create!

I would be happy with Maxey at 17 (well I will be even happier if Memphis gets knocked out of the playoffs in the bubble and we pick at 13). With the way your board goes I would want Precious over Maxey. Precious has Faried's energy, but with more length, more shooting potential and better perimeter skill. I also think Precious can defend the perimeter in ways Faried didn't.

I'd be happy with any of Patrick Williams, Maxey, Precious, Lewis, Nesmith and Saddiq Bey.

Is Maledon a stash candidate? I think if they keep all 3 picks they will draft one or two stash guys.

I know I have heard Maledon mentioned as a stash candidate, I think Chad Ford mentioned it on his pod.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2020, 12:42:38 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 110
For the short term a potential (defensively versatile) starting PF and for the longterm a PG are our biggest 'needs'. As well as an elite shooter for the bench.

We don't need a center (unless we're talking about All Star potential), because with Theis and Timelord we're good enough at that position and a third string center is always easy to be found in free agency. And at the SG/SF position we're good for now and for the future with Tatum, Hayward, Brown, Langford, Smart(?) and Ojeleye.

We tend to agree, but since Timelord is 6'8", I decided to lop Carey and Stewart in the mix as they are a little bigger.  All three of those would be listed as PF/C players.  Also, my point on PG as a need is for backup and future starter to replace Kemba eventually, that's why I said it was a need.
While the early bird catches the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese!

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2020, 01:21:18 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 626
  • Only weakness dominates. True strength sacrifices.
For the short term a potential (defensively versatile) starting PF and for the longterm a PG are our biggest 'needs'. As well as an elite shooter for the bench.

We don't need a center (unless we're talking about All Star potential), because with Theis and Timelord we're good enough at that position and a third string center is always easy to be found in free agency. And at the SG/SF position we're good for now and for the future with Tatum, Hayward, Brown, Langford, Smart(?) and Ojeleye.

We tend to agree, but since Timelord is 6'8", I decided to lop Carey and Stewart in the mix as they are a little bigger.  All three of those would be listed as PF/C players.  Also, my point on PG as a need is for backup and future starter to replace Kemba eventually, that's why I said it was a need.

Timelord doesn't play at a 6'8'' height. With shoes on he plays at 6'10" and with his wingspan he plays much bigger.

When official measurements are done, neither Carey or Stewart will prove to be taller than Williams by height, and even if they are, they won't be by standing reach or standing vertical, which is how basketball is played.
2020 Mock Off-season: Orlando Magic
Starters: Myles Turner, Aaron Gordon, Joe Harris, Bradley Beal, Jamal Murray
Bench: Satoransky, Dunn, Plumlee, Augstine, Ennis
Deep bench: O'Quinn, Birch, Okeke, Hampton, Sumner
Draft picks: All minus 2022 1st and 2024 1st, plus 2022 2nd (most favorable of Chi, Det, LAL)

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2020, 03:44:55 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 359

Timelord doesn't play at a 6'8'' height. With shoes on he plays at 6'10" and with his wingspan he plays much bigger.

When official measurements are done, neither Carey or Stewart will prove to be taller than Williams by height, and even if they are, they won't be by standing reach or standing vertical, which is how basketball is played.

Its tough because R Williams and D Theis do not have pre-draft measurements available. Both are listed at 6'8 240. Ive seen Williams WS at 7'6. Its a total guess but I would assume Theis is at least around a 7'2 WS

Kanter (predraft) 6'9.75" w/o shoes, 259lbs 7'1.5" WS and 9'1.5" standing reach

Four bigs often discussed as possible Celtics picks

P Achiuwa (2019 hoop summit) 6'9 in shoes, 223lbs 7'2.25" WS and 9'0" standing reach

I Stewart (2018 U17) 6'8 w/o shoes, 242lbs 7'4 WS and 9'0.5" standing reach

V Carey Jr (2018 U17) 6'9 w/0 shoes 277lbs 7'1" WS and 9'0.5" standing reach

Z Nanji (2018 U17) 6'10 w/o shoes 228lbs 7'1 WS and 8'11" standing reach

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2020, 11:18:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 677
delete