Hope this is going ok for you guys. This stage will be free agency. Please note the rules:
1. I'll function as the agents for all free agents. I intend to employ a combination of my opinion with a dice roll. One of the trickier parts of this will be free agents going to non-player teams, which is another good reason for you guys to pick up another team or two.
2. Friday-Monday 7pm-7pm EST will be player and team options decision period. Announce in this thread if you intend to pick up a team option and I will go through and accept or decline players options during this period. If you want your player to pick up his player option, then message me your sales pitch. If you don't message me, I'll take your silence as apathy and it will significantly impact whether the player might return.
3. Monday 7pm EST will begin free agency. Send your messages to me with the player you want to make an offer on THROUGHOUT THE DAY ON MONDAY. Since we've got guys in a bunch of time zones, you can send them early, but players will start to make decisions at 7pm EST. Players might make decisions quickly or slowly. I will make an announcement of signings on this thread.
4. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN OFFER A CONTRACT TO A PLAYER. Use shamsports capulator for cap calculations. Make sure you use the 21 roster, not the 20. If it is found that you offered a deal that you couldn't legally offer, a player may decide to go elsewhere and other players may not want to go to your franchise because of its unprofessionalism.
5. Remember to focus on your top 10 players. I'd rather not do a lot of negotiations for the Brad Wanamakers of the world. If you have a binkie, I'll negotiate, but let's focus on the top of the rotation in free agency.
6. I will update this post with a running list of signed players and their contracts. I encourage you to use spotrac's free agent listing in order to find the players you want.
Let me know if you have questions. I'm learning as I do this. I'm trying to make it seamless and fun.