Author Topic: Grant Williams(merged threads)  (Read 37715 times)

Re: Grant Williams(merged threads)
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2020, 06:45:13 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
GWill clutch D on Aaron Gordon

Wow

https://youtu.be/1BFPyyyDo5Y

I think he had 2 such Smart-esque takeaways in the game.  He’s learning from everyone.

21 years old and showing steady improvement.  What more can you ask? Looks like a good pick at 22 for Danny.
Looks like a great pick.  I love this kid.  He's probably the player that I'm enjoying watching the most on the entire team right now.  He's the perfect complement to our high scoring guys because he just fills in all of the blanks and hits 3's when he's open.  Plus you can tell that his personality has been very beneficial to the team.  You can tell he's a very positive guy and he's always communicating with teammates, refs, etc. whether on the court or on the bench.  I think this guy is going to play a very big role for some great teams before he is done. 

« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2020, 07:54:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Wow

I think he had 2 such Smart-esque takeaways in the game.  He’s learning from everyone.

21 years old and showing steady improvement.  What more can you ask? Looks like a good pick at 22 for Danny.
Looks like a great pick.  I love this kid.  He's probably the player that I'm enjoying watching the most on the entire team right now.  He's the perfect complement to our high scoring guys because he just fills in all of the blanks and hits 3's when he's open.  Plus you can tell that his personality has been very beneficial to the team.  You can tell he's a very positive guy and he's always communicating with teammates, refs, etc. whether on the court or on the bench.  I think this guy is going to play a very big role for some great teams before he is done.

+1

Highlight from last night game
https://youtu.be/WIlPuwiv-j0

Looks focused on those 3s

« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2020, 07:56:43 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
He's looking really comfortable out there. At first I thought he was gonna be a defense-only player, but I'm starting to be proved wrong. Not only is he hitting 3pt shots now, he's also show off some nice post moves too.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2020, 08:36:00 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Wow

Shhh, the narrative is thay Danny is a bad drafter. Dont ruin it.

« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2020, 08:57:34 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He's playing really smart (and efficient) basketball out there. I wasn't sure of his ability to be more than a role player, but if he keeps up at this rate, he could be a starter in a year or two - especially if we lose Hayward (I don't think Grant should start at C).

I have no idea what happened to his shooting at the beginning of the year, but he has been everything you could hope for as of late. It just shows that you have to remain patient with rookies/younger players. Everybody has Edwards buried in the graveyard already, but it's very possible he learns how to be an Eddie House type player. And I think most people agree that Romeo looks like he could really be something down the line.

« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2020, 10:04:41 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
We got a good longterm rotation player at the 22nd pick.
(Cork pop!)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2020, 10:07:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We got a good longterm rotation player at the 22nd pick.
(Cork pop!)
Crazy thing is that all three guys involved in that 20-22 in the flurry of trade maneuvers and counter maneuvers seem to be rotation players.

Williams, Thybulle, and Clarke.

Its really not normal to get 3 guys who play in that range in a row, all for playoff teams.

« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2020, 10:21:59 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Grant stepping up this year will be so big for our playoff chances. He'll drop off a bit at some point but he's giving us such positive minutes right now. Another quality young player.

« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2020, 10:33:26 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Is AWESOME.

Baby Dray coming up BIG when we need him.

Next time we play GSW he should exchange jerseys with Draymond.

« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2020, 12:49:25 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I was at the Atlanta. He almost always is in the right basketball Position.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2020, 01:15:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I agree

And for a rookie the refs barely call fouls on him.  Though credit to GWill, his blocks and strips are usually on the money

The little cheat/illegal stuff... I get a kick out watching it

Last night he has part of at least 3 moving screens.... but he only does it when a Celtic drives to the basket. Less noticeable in the chaos as the refs almost always are focused on the ball handler. Like he is paving the lane for an easy layup

And the way he does it by sticking his ass out and spreading his arms. and subtly moving backwards pushing his man out

Its no wonder guys like Mike Scott and John Collins have pushed him to the ground out of frustration  ;D

« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2020, 01:35:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I agree

And for a rookie the refs barely call fouls on him.  Though credit to GWill, his blocks and strips are usually on the money

Last night he has part of at least 3 moving screens.... but he only does it when a Celtic drives to the basket. Less noticeable in the chaos as the refs almost always are focused on the ball handler. Like he is paving the lane for an easy layup

And the way he does it by sticking his ass out and spreading his arms. and subtly moving backwards pushing his man out

Its no wonder guys like Mike Scott and John Collins have pushed him to the ground out of frustration ;D
Part of that frustration is because of Scott's and Collins' inability to move the much smaller Williams and that he could easily move them.

Grant is so strong, has an incredibly powerful low center of gravity and is technically proficient in boxing out, gaining initial position and using footwork. He is going to use all of that to frustrate much taller and longer big men for a decade or more in this league. I can see a bunch of people losing their cool because of how well Grant plays them.

« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2020, 02:34:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I agree

Its no wonder guys like Mike Scott and John Collins have pushed him to the ground out of frustration ;D
Part of that frustration is because of Scott's and Collins' inability to move the much smaller Williams and that he could easily move them.

Grant is so strong, has an incredibly powerful low center of gravity and is technically proficient in boxing out, gaining initial position and using footwork. He is going to use all of that to frustrate much taller and longer big men for a decade or more in this league. I can see a bunch of people losing their cool because of how well Grant plays them.

Agreed

Bigger but lower iq and strength players don't seem like they have much of a chance. Only two players that I can remember gave Grant all he can handle. Sabonis and Ayton.

Would like to see how Grant performs against PJ Tucker next week.  It should be a good one

« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2020, 03:16:57 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Is AWESOME.

Baby Dray coming up BIG when we need him.

Next time we play GSW he should exchange jerseys with Draymond.
I don't see GW as even remotely like Draymond.

« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2020, 03:46:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Players absolutely hated Chuck Hayes too. No one likes it when a little guy muscles them. (for proof see Lowry and Smart)