Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 396175 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #2535 on: August 02, 2020, 01:26:16 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
The Pacers are definitely a feel-good team, but last night's win over the Sixers is pretty terrible for us in terms of playoff match-ups. Maybe I'm crazy, but I would much much much rather play the Pacers in the 1st round than the Sixers.

Pacers without Sabonis yes. They're incredibly weak on the boards now. Together with the Rockets one of the few teams against which the Celtics have a clear advantage there.

I fear the 76ers because of Joel Embiid. Don't care about Simmons, Richardson, Harris or Horford and I certainly don't think Brett Brown is a great coach, but Embiid is literally and figuratively a big problem.

Yeah, I rather the Pacers than the 76ers. Or maybe hope Miami can go on a massive losing streak so we draw them in the first-round. Regardless, if you're not the 1 or 2 seed in the East you will have a tough time in the postseason.

Bring on the 6ers and that weak bench! This is a 4 man team and even if all 4 are clicking like last night they still need someone else to step up. Embiid can have a monster night and still not a lock to win a game. Celtics would run the 6ers out of the gym 4-1.
ok fine

« Reply #2536 on: August 02, 2020, 03:02:54 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
The Pacers are definitely a feel-good team, but last night's win over the Sixers is pretty terrible for us in terms of playoff match-ups. Maybe I'm crazy, but I would much much much rather play the Pacers in the 1st round than the Sixers.

Pacers without Sabonis yes. They're incredibly weak on the boards now. Together with the Rockets one of the few teams against which the Celtics have a clear advantage there.

I fear the 76ers because of Joel Embiid. Don't care about Simmons, Richardson, Harris or Horford and I certainly don't think Brett Brown is a great coach, but Embiid is literally and figuratively a big problem.

Yeah, I rather the Pacers than the 76ers. Or maybe hope Miami can go on a massive losing streak so we draw them in the first-round. Regardless, if you're not the 1 or 2 seed in the East you will have a tough time in the postseason.

Bring on the 6ers and that weak bench! This is a 4 man team and even if all 4 are clicking like last night they still need someone else to step up. Embiid can have a monster night and still not a lock to win a game. Celtics would run the 6ers out of the gym 4-1.

Simmons won't have bad nights for 4 out of 5 games. Tobias Harris and Al Horford might also decide to show up and play lol. The 76ers have already taken the season series against the C's 3-1 this year.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2537 on: August 02, 2020, 03:39:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Simmons won't have bad nights for 4 out of 5 games. Tobias Harris and Al Horford might also decide to show up and play lol. The 76ers have already taken the season series against the C's 3-1 this year.
I think being scared of Philly while they still have that bumbling fool as Head Coach is a waste of energy.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2538 on: August 02, 2020, 03:40:08 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I think being scared of Philly while they still have that bumbling fool as Head Coach is a waste of energy.
Not to mention their wacky backcourt.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2539 on: August 02, 2020, 03:54:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Yeah, lol, Shake Milton doesn't really strike fear

« Reply #2540 on: August 02, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Yeah, lol, Shake Milton doesn't really strike fear
Ikr, it also means that Kanter can play heavy minutes to neutralise Embiid without fear of getting exploited in space.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2541 on: August 02, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Refs are already on their knees protecting baby Giannis against Houston. Blatant flagrant that even Mark Jackson was calling for, but it's only a "common foul" despite his elbow being way above his shoulder to smash House in the face

« Reply #2542 on: August 02, 2020, 09:08:34 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Refs are already on their knees protecting baby Giannis against Houston. Blatant flagrant that even Mark Jackson was calling for, but it's only a "common foul" despite his elbow being way above his shoulder to smash House in the face

I would rather that NOT be a flagrant tbh. Giannis is tall, so his elbows just happen to be where the defenders face is. He was making a basketball move.

« Reply #2543 on: August 02, 2020, 09:11:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I would rather that NOT be a flagrant tbh. Giannis is tall, so his elbows just happen to be where the defenders face is. He was making a basketball move.
In a vacuum, yes. But if it is for mere mortals, it should be for Giannis. Conversely, it's almost always a flagrant when a defender accidentally hits an offensive player in the face, yet far less often for offensive players doing it back. I think that's stupid

« Reply #2545 on: August 02, 2020, 10:54:58 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Ratings crashing. People tired of the non-sports

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-nba-ratings-crash-why-are-nba-and-mlb-ratings-at-an-all-time-low-after-black-lives-matter-protests/

Wait what? That Clippers Lakers number was over twice what TNT averaged for the regular season. I mean  NBA ratings are down OVERALLL this year, but thats been the case all year.

Maybe you can make the case they should be higher given the long layoff in theory building anticipation.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:04:40 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #2546 on: August 02, 2020, 11:27:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Two game in to this re-start, Celtics are 1-1, Bucks are 1-1, Lakers are 1-1

« Reply #2547 on: August 02, 2020, 11:52:47 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Giannis is being groomed as the replacement for LeBron, inheriting the Jordan/Lakers/LeBron mantle of having no accountability from the refs on the court.

The gaslighting has begun, and just enough of the fans are completely stupid so that the league office will get away with it again.

I'm making a point to watch near-zero non-Celtics games. The league and its corporate shills do not deserve my eyes or my money.

« Reply #2548 on: August 02, 2020, 11:53:38 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
There is almost definitely gonna be a play in game in the West, every West team is within 4 games of the 8th seed right now. In the east meanwhile the Wizards are 7 games out so unlikely they make it although to their credit they've been competitive  in their two losses.

Also Dallas appears locked into the 7 seed in the wets right now, 5 losses behind the six seed.

76ers are now a game back of Pacers who have the tie breaker for the 5th seed, so they need to be two games better than them over the final six to overtake them. Not impossible because their schedule is cake, but still.

« Reply #2549 on: August 03, 2020, 01:27:40 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Jonathan Isaac torn left ACL, out for the year.

And now...the media is all saying "should've taken a knee" or "this is some religious figure's will". Like a wildfire.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)