Author Topic: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)  (Read 61533 times)

Re: Did Kyrie quit on the celtics in the playoffs last year?
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2019, 08:02:34 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
If he quit on the team why didn’t Stevens take him out or limit his shots and minutes ?

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2019, 08:27:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
100%

I think once we lost Game 3, he officially quit on the team and was ready for FA. I mean, we swept the Pacers series and Kyrie played well. Then we had a blowout win against the Bucks in Game 1. But then we lose Game 2, also lose Game 3 in games where Kyrie struggled, and once that happened I think Kyrie mentally decided that was that.

Anyone who thinks he didn't quit on the team must be an idiot that thinks he can actually defend Giannis 1 on 1. As others have mentioned, he basically went against the defensive gameplan each time down the court and stopped playing with the team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2019, 08:40:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If he quit on the team why didn’t Stevens take him out or limit his shots and minutes ?

they were kissing up him hoping he would return to the team.

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2019, 08:41:40 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1525
Yes in game 4/5 he was completely selfish and terrible.  we should have known by how he played those games there was NO way he was coming back.

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2019, 08:50:22 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Agreed with others, first two games, I didn't think so. Afterwards, you could see he was slowly checking out or at least his usual concentration was slipping. I remember his travel in G3 or G4 where he committed an up and down, very strange for him. Also the demanding to guard Giannis was selfish foolhardiness at best and sabotage at worst.

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2019, 08:50:48 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 989
He definitely quit..why risk injury for a team he wanted to leave. As the earth is flat, he needed to turn around and go in the other direction before falling off into the green abyss

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2019, 08:54:45 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Yes in game 4/5 he was completely selfish and terrible.  we should have known by how he played those games there was NO way he was coming back.

It was pretty clear he wasnt coming back when he issued the 'ask in July' response to     questions about his free agency.

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2019, 11:22:58 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
He absolutely quit

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2019, 11:23:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
He absolutely quit

Absolutely!~ NO HEART!

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2019, 12:02:48 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580
I wouldn't he quit so much as we went into IDGAF mode. Like he was trying, he just wasn't playing team basketball at all.

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2019, 12:13:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991

sure he wanted to.   But he Kyrie Super star , media fav, and playoffs ....he would have incurred the rath of every basketball fan not on this blog .  What kind of coach takes Kyrie out ?  This would been headline on every news outlet ....with all,the talking heads say n Kyrie should leave....removing Kyrie GIVES him an excuse to leave,  taking me out during the playoffs.   I ve often mulled over this ....and i keep coming up with the maybe Kyrie WANTED an excuse to get mad and leave.  I also think he really did want to,advance and mess up His and KD s plans.   If the Celtics advance ...it screws up his and KD s plan or makes him look even worse for leaving a good thing.  I don't think he wanted to advance ....he was done in his mind and just wanted to,close out his Boston time.

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2019, 12:36:47 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Yes, it was obvious too.

Absolutely. Anyone watching could see it. Just started chucking and wasn't even trying to engage with the offense or defense.

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2019, 12:53:43 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
100%
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2019, 01:01:51 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 384
100% QUIT.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2019, 05:02:58 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
watching Kyries first two games, its evident he is playing much differently right now for the Nets than he did in the Milwaukee series. Which begs the question of whether he just quit on the team and wasn't giving any effort as he already had 1 foot out the door.

Granted, this is the honeymoon period and we will see what happens when the team starts to have struggles.

I would say that your screen name is applicable here, "come on man"

Of course he quit. It was obvious - I would have thought this question was answered a long time ago.

Also, of course he has a different on-court demeanor with the Nets right now. Like the early stages of any romance, he is on his best behavior and making sure to show only his best side. As Cleveland and Boston know all too well, as the relationship progresses and both sides let their guard down a little - and familiarity sets in - Kyrie shows his true colors and they ain't pretty. As much as I despise the guy, I feel sorry for him just a little. I believe him to be a tortured soul who seems destined to never find contentment in life.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce