Author Topic: John Bolton just got fired....OR NOT...  (Read 675 times)

John Bolton just got fired....OR NOT...
« on: September 10, 2019, 12:48:35 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 57
so apparently John Bolton was fired..."“I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House,” Trump tweeted. “I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week.”

OR in his words...

But shortly afterward, Bolton issued the following tweet:

John Bolton

@AmbJohnBolton
I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, "Let's talk about it tomorrow."

12:10 PM - Sep 10, 2019

HOW CAN ANYONE still see this show and want to see more of it in 2020??? I wonder when the smear campaign will begin.

Re: John Bolton just got fired....OR NOT...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 01:06:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27342
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Bolton never made a lot of sense for Trump's foreign policy, which tends to be less interventionalist.  Bolton is definitely a hawk, who has no problem getting involved militarily.  For better or for worse (I think for better), Trump is reluctant to engage militarily around the world, definitely less so than Bush and even Obama.
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 02:34:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2281
Bolton never made a lot of sense for Trump's foreign policy, which tends to be less interventionalist.  Bolton is definitely a hawk, who has no problem getting involved militarily.  For better or for worse (I think for better), Trump is reluctant to engage militarily around the world, definitely less so than Bush and even Obama.

TP ...  Trump Point  lol

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 02:40:16 PM »

Offline gift

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 182
Was never a big fan of Bolton. We'll see who replaces him I guess.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 03:02:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2709
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

TP ...  Trump Point  lol

A 'Trump Point' is a commemorative non-refundable cardboard coin wrapped in 5% gold foil costing $45.00 that everyone makes fun of you for buying but then Trump writes an executive order that forces people to recognize it as currency. The executive order is challenged in courts and eventually rules unconstitutional but in the meantime 4chan will have already found 4 breadcrumbs on the inside of the coin that seems to indicate Jim Acosta from CNN is about to be charged any day now for child sex trafficking because of his involvement with a corrupt Buffalo Wild Wings.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 04:12:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6188
Just name a grown up with a spine and not another weasley, sycophant , which, unfortunately, seems to be the required trait in almost all of Trump's recent picks to head departments in Trump's government and administration. All his most recent appointments appear to have fallen in with Trump's demands that they be loyal to Trump above all else, including party, country, family and God.

Trump is divisive and he is even starting to do it to the Republican Party. It won't be long before what he said about Democratic Jews will be what he is saying about Republicans that don't fall blindly in behind him and everything he stands for. 

14 months before Election Day. That's plenty of time for him to continue to alienate people in his own party. If his numbers get worse, he will start to label and segregate Republicans between "Real" Republicans and non-Trumpers.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Just name a grown up with a spine and not another weasley, sycophant , which, unfortunately, seems to be the required trait in almost all of Trump's recent picks to head departments in Trump's government and administration. All his most recent appointments appear to have fallen in with Trump's demands that they be loyal to Trump above all else, including party, country, family and God.

Trump is divisive and he is even starting to do it to the Republican Party. It won't be long before what he said about Democratic Jews will be what he is saying about Republicans that don't fall blindly in behind him and everything he stands for. 

14 months before Election Day. That's plenty of time for him to continue to alienate people in his own party. If his numbers get worse, he will start to label and segregate Republicans between "Real" Republicans and non-Trumpers.

I actually think that Bolton was his own man, and qualified. He’s just ultra militaristic.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 05:24:32 PM »

Online Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1170
A president has a right to his administration.

I think Bolton should have never been in this office to begin with as he was a big part of lying about the intelligence for the Iraq War.

Democratic Congressman Henry Waxman alleged that Bolton played a role in encouraging the inclusion of statement that British Intelligence had determined Iraq attempted to procure yellowcake uranium from Niger in Bush's 2003 State of the Union Address.[89] These statements were claimed by critics of the President to be partly based on documents found to be forged.[90] Waxman's allegations could not be confirmed, as they were based on classified documents.[89]

Bolton stated in June 2004 congressional testimony that Iran was lying about enriched uranium contamination: "Another unmistakable indicator of Iran's intentions is the pattern of repeatedly lying to ... the IAEA ... when evidence of uranium enriched to 36 percent was found, it attributed this to contamination from imported centrifuge parts." However, later isotope analysis supported Iran's explanation of foreign contamination for most of the observed enriched uranium.[91] At their August 2005 meeting the IAEA's Board of Governors concluded: "Based on the information currently available to the Agency, the results of that analysis tend, on balance, to support Iran's statement about the foreign origin of most of the observed highly enriched uranium contamination."[92]

Bolton has often been accused of attempting to pressure the intelligence community to endorse his views

As a guy who fabricated evidence to start a war, I have never cared for him.  Typical warhawk that avoided duty in Vietnam but likes to send other men to die.

I think he has more control over the party than they would like to admit and perhaps you as well.    Almost 88% of Republicans approve of him according to Gallop. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

I think the economy slow down if it happens will do him in.   This looks like a real possibility.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 06:41:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6188

I actually think that Bolton was his own man, and qualified. He’s just ultra militaristic.
Completely agree. What my comment was more about was Trump's more recent bunch of appointments that tend to be just Trump first people, yes people, if you will. I would hope Trump doesn't put a yes person in as National Security Adviser, is my point.

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 06:51:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Completely agree. What my comment was more about was Trump's more recent bunch of appointments that tend to be just Trump first people, yes people, if you will. I would hope Trump doesn't put a yes person in as National Security Adviser, is my point.

So, no Judge Janine?

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 382
I think he has more control over the party than they would like to admit and perhaps you as well.    Almost 88% of Republicans approve of him according to Gallop

The Pew data I pasted below is from 2017 so the "leanings" are probably a little more towards Democrats (based on 2018 midterm results) today as compared to then.  But if you take these numbers, it means that Trump has 88% of only 42% of voters and my bet is not much else.  That adds up to about 37% of all voters.  Throw in a few independents and/or republicans who don't like him but won't vote Democrat and that is right about his approval rating of 41%.

In Pew Research Center surveys conducted in 2017, 37% of registered voters identified as independents, 33% as Democrats and 26% as Republicans. When the partisan leanings of independents are taken into account, 50% either identify as Democrats or lean Democratic; 42% identify as Republicans or lean Republican.

Trump and the administration are a dumpster fire.  Bolton is crazy and was a bad match but Trump did pick him.  Trump is getting his intelligence from Russia though, not anyone in the US so what does it matter.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 10:31:08 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 689

So ... it was a mistake by Trump to hire Bolton?

But the chosen one doesn't make mistakes!
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 10:46:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

So ... it was a mistake by Trump to hire Bolton?

But the chosen one doesn't make mistakes!

I have no idea what Trump was thinking. Maybe he wanted a big name. Maybe he thought having a hawk for NSA wasn’t as big of a deal as it would have been as SOS. Perhaps he thought Bolton would bend.  Or maybe he enjoyed whatever smoke Bolton blew up his rear when they interviewed.

But, if Trump has one saving grace, it’s that he’s not a war monger.  For all his considerable faults, in the one area where he could do the most harm, he has avoided conflict.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required