Author Topic: STM: List of bugs in new system  (Read 3122 times)

STM: List of bugs in new system
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:23:52 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I actually prefer the new STM resale, but the Ticketmaster portion is all messed up, of course.

First bug I've found: Where can I see a list of the tickets that I've listed?

Mike
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:03:55 AM by mef730 »

Re: STM: List of bugs in new system
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I actually prefer the new STM resale, but the Ticketmaster portion is all messed up, of course.

Mike

Are you in section 9 again? I'll be in the same seats as last season, 10 games in the AT&T sportsdeck. They made me sign a contract through June 30, 2021 so I can keep my seats. Hopefully, the team will be better by then as it's a bit pricey (but worth it....if they're a good team.)

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:22:10 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Do you suggest putting them up for re-Sale this early? Still in year 3 of season tickets and am ironing out the kinks in my strategy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 09:40:47 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Are you in section 9 again? I'll be in the same seats as last season, 10 games in the AT&T sportsdeck. They made me sign a contract through June 30, 2021 so I can keep my seats. Hopefully, the team will be better by then as it's a bit pricey (but worth it....if they're a good team.)

I will be, but they moved me back to Row 2. At least I'm on the aisle. Let me know if you ever want to trade. I'm Sec 9, Row 2, Seats 4,5.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 10:12:54 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Do you suggest putting them up for re-Sale this early? Still in year 3 of season tickets and am ironing out the kinks in my strategy

tl;dr: Probably. This year's calendar looks a little tougher for resales than last year's did. Tons of games bundled around Christmas (more supply for presents than demand), no top-tier teams in the east and the odd positioning of New Orleans in the "Platinum" tier.

Long version:

With the caveat that it's different for everyone...

I put up every ticket for sale as soon as they hit my account. I'm in the fortunate position that, for the most part, I don't care much whom I see play. Being there is most of the fun for me. I also tend to like weekend games a lot, since I frequently take my son. Friday nights are ok, Saturdays and Sundays are best.

I tend to price based on two factors: What I think that the market will be and my point of indifference where I don't have a strong preference for keep vs. sell. I adjust throughout the season as necessary.

Example: Tickets hit my account Monday night. Between Monday at 11pm and Tuesday at 11am, I had sold four sets at an average premium of about 60%. That's typical for the first day, but three of those games were Friday nights, so I raised prices on almost all of the Friday night games. One thing that I'm watching: I raised many of the Friday night games from $199 to $219. It's early, since it's only been 24 hours, but I haven't sold any since I did that. I'm curious if there are enough people who sort for "all tickets under $200" to affect sales.

Generally, things cool down between ticket release and the start of the season. There will be a slight bump when tickets go on sale to the general public, particularly since almost all of the tickets will be resales. Then, there will be nothing until the start of the season. By the end of October, I'll be on here complaining about how slow things are in the resale market.

I have a complex spreadsheet that I can share which tracks my sales and availability; I'm happy to share it. Please note: I have no life. Those of you with actual things to do will find it amusing.

Mike