Author Topic: Would You Trade Mookie Betts or Pay Mookie?  (Read 1378 times)

Would You Trade Mookie Betts or Pay Mookie?
« on: August 10, 2019, 04:27:40 PM »

Offline Ty_Unabi

• Semi Ojeleye
  • Tommy Points: 7
Would you consider a trade with Mookie or would you pay him Mike Trout Money($430 Million Value)?

I say trade.

Re: Would You Trade Mookie Betts or Pay Mookie?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • I drink and I know things
Pay.   Time to trade was before this season. Unlike nba no real advantage to trade for a player like mookie a year early.  No one will hesitate to lose draft picks to sign him.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 04:36:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 406
Trade. He’s determined to hit free agency and the Sox are looking to reduce payroll, with all the money owed to Sale, Bogaerts, Price and Eovaldi. Even Pedroia is still on the books for two more years.

I think they deal Mookie and use that money to sign another starter and add a couple bullpen arms, which they sorely need.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1143
  • Ignoring mortality we worship mediocrity
If he is expecting Mike Trout money, then the Sox need to consider a trade that will [hopefully] replenish their farm system. Mookie is an excellent player and he deserved the MVP he won last year, but Bogaerts and Devers are clearly outplaying him this season; and Martinez is obviously putting together another solid campaign. Martinez will likely opt out after this season, but I can see him wanting to stay in Boston with a modest, short term pay increase.

The Sox payroll right now is a joke, I just don't know if they can commit $35M/yr over the next 10+ years to a player that just isn't on the level of the best in the game...never mind the best on his team.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 05:22:29 PM »

Online Birdman

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 113
Trade but they wont
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 05:44:51 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 406
Pay.   Time to trade was before this season. Unlike nba no real advantage to trade for a player like mookie a year early.  No one will hesitate to lose draft picks to sign him.

Orioles got 5 prospects for half a season of Manny Machado from the Dodgers last year. You’d be surprised.