Seems pretty obvious to me what the NBA needs to do:
1. Pay the best players the most they are allowed to by the CBA in which the players agree upon.
2. If any player is clearly not productive enough to warrant his (probably massive) salary, pay him anyway.
3. If any player gets injured, regardless of length or severity of injury, pay him anyway.
4. If you don’t want a player anymore, too bad.
5. If a player doesn’t want to play for you anymore, trade him only to wherever they want to go. Or teams may instead elect to pay them every last dollar they agreed to, immediately, and let said player go play in a big market and/or with friends.
That’s the new League the players want.