Author Topic: 2019-20 EPL Season  (Read 1743 times)

Re: 2019-20 EPL Season
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2019, 11:15:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 133
  • KANSEI DORIFUTO
Heartbroken that Chelsea have sold David Luiz. He has been our best defender since he arrived until the day he left. It was hard when we sold him to PSG a few years ago (for great money which eased the pain) but when he came back I thought David Luiz would play out the end of his (top level footie) career here. This sucks.

Update: Oh my god! Only 8million! I thought it was 20 million which I could at least understand for an older player. What a punch to the gut.

What a steal for Arsenal. Brilliant footballer.
Wow what a steal for Arsenal. I do believe that a CB like Zouma is a better fit for a Mourinho disciple like Lampard though.
4th place in the Celticsstrong All-Time Draft!
PG: Stephen Curry, Steve Nash
SG: Tracy McGrady, Eddie Jones, Gail Goodrich
SF: Julius Erving, Shawn Marion
PF: Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, Draymond Green
C: Dave Cowens, Artis Gilmore

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2019, 11:17:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Ray Allen
  • KANSEI DORIFUTO
Heartbroken that Chelsea have sold David Luiz. He has been our best defender since he arrived until the day he left. It was hard when we sold him to PSG a few years ago (for great money which eased the pain) but when he came back I thought David Luiz would play out the end of his (top level footie) career here. This sucks.

Update: Oh my god! Only 8million! I thought it was 20 million which I could at least understand for an older player. What a punch to the gut.

This was a nice cherry on top of our sundae. What a transfer window we are having this year.

And to think, the media reported we only had about 45 million to spend, and we landed two very promising young talent, Dani Ceballos, Keiran Tierney, Nicolas Pepe and David Luis. Excellent deal of business by the new board.
Wow how much did you guys spend for them? What a great transfer window for you guys.

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 11:18:22 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Ray Allen
  • KANSEI DORIFUTO
Romelu Lukaku will leave Manchester United for Inter Millan.

So, is Marcus Rashford going to be the main striker for United now?
Yeah he will be. Going to be a very long season for United lol.

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2019, 11:23:20 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2017
Romelu Lukaku will leave Manchester United for Inter Millan.

So, is Marcus Rashford going to be the main striker for United now?

Some talk that based on preseason that it will be Anthony Martial.

I hope it is Martial. I think he is the better all-round footballer. He could give so much to Man Utd in a possession based game as a #9.

Rashford better in a counter attacking game.

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2019, 11:37:43 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1241
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

This was a nice cherry on top of our sundae. What a transfer window we are having this year.

And to think, the media reported we only had about 45 million to spend, and we landed two very promising young talent, Dani Ceballos, Keiran Tierney, Nicolas Pepe and David Luis. Excellent deal of business by the new board.
Wow how much did you guys spend for them? What a great transfer window for you guys.

From the top of my head, these were the reported fees.

Gabriel Martinelli - 7 million
William Saliba - 27 million
Dani Ceballos - season long loan, 15 million fee
Nicolas Pepe - 75 million
Keiran Tierney - 25 million
David Luis - 8 million

Most of those fees are structured deals, as they will be paid in installments, with big up front money. I think that's why we were able to strike deals despite a reported 45 million budget.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft Detroit Pistons.

PG: J. Stockton, D. Harper
SG: J. Havlicek, M. Cooper, P. Maravich
SF: K. Leonard, J. Butler
PF: E. Hayes, L. Nance, Sr., H. Turkoglu
C : A. Mourning, D. Mutombo

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2019, 01:54:46 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Listen to some Salsa Celtica today!
Well that David Luiz signing has not aged well at all. Also isn't it interesting that since Rafa Benitez wrote that article in the athletics about beating man City, a lot of Premier League teams are figuring City out?
We have the Timelord and Spacelord. Now we need the Soul Lord, Power Lord, Reality Lord, and Mind Lord