Author Topic: Jay King Minutes Projection  (Read 5435 times)

Re: Jay King Minutes Projection
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 575
Ya I would be very surprised if Jaylen is not starting and playing more minutes a game this season than Smart. Also, not for nothing, but 31 minutes a game would be a new career high for Smart and thats after starting like 3/4 of last year.

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Smart wont start over Brown

Last season it was an exception imo

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I will go further

If brown comes off bench to start the season it signals 2 things.

Brad favors hayward over everything else. The runors of last years divide in the locker room eill continue into this season.

2) brown will not resign with celtics and team will lose him for nothing.

I think it's very obvious Brad favors Hayward.
Those two have a mission.

It's also true that Brown might be traded if the Celts and Brown can't come to an agreement on a new contract.
That's the reason why I think they drafted Langford, an insurance in case Brown is gone.

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 06:58:30 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Agree with this.

Also, in general Brad doesn't usually go up to 34 minutes for so many different players. I bet the only guy to reach that mark this year is Kemba.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Agree with this.

Also, in general Brad doesn't usually go up to 34 minutes for so many different players. I bet the only guy to reach that mark this year is Kemba.

Agreed

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 09:02:54 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Proof Jay is the mystery man behind those Theis YouTube videos.
ok fine

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2019, 09:10:03 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Only way Theis is going to get a lot of minutes is if all of the 3 bigs, Kanter, Rob Will, and Poirier, will all do a bad job at the Center position.

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2019, 11:17:20 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Did I miss a press release about Langford dying or something? He’s not only absent from the OP, but literally nobody has mentioned him in this thread yet. We took him in the lottery, and we have Williams AND Edwards getting minutes over him.

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2019, 11:46:05 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Did I miss a press release about Langford dying or something? He’s not only absent from the OP, but literally nobody has mentioned him in this thread yet. We took him in the lottery, and we have Williams AND Edwards getting minutes over him.

That's why that pick of Ainge at #14 is so puzzling.

There's just no way Langford will get any minutes as long as the Celts have Hayward, Brown, and Smart.

Add Carsen Edwards and there will be totally ZERO minutes available for Langford.

But according to Bulpett of the Herald, Celts not done dealing.
I think Ainge will make a move involving Smart and Brown.

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 12:19:03 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

There's just no way Langford will get any minutes as long as the Celts have Hayward, Brown, and Smart.

Add Carsen Edwards and there will be totally ZERO minutes available for Langford.

I would imagine that Langford would get minutes over Edwards.

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 12:24:26 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

That's very unlikely.

Did you see Edwards in the summer league?

Carsen Edwards is the real deal.

Unless Langford becomes exceptionally good in training camp, Edwards is going to get the most minutes among the 4 rookies drafted this year.

Edwards' only weakness is he's not tall.

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 12:29:22 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399
I can see Smart starting over brown. 1st team all defense on a line up that will need some defense. Brown will be better being a terror coming off the bench, instead of a 4th/5th option on the floor, waiting in the corner (I’m assuming Kanter setting picks and rolling to the rim could make him a 4th option).

That said, it’ll definitely make Brown an unhappy camper - even if he doesn’t go to the media to complain about it.
- LilRip

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2019, 01:06:21 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

That's very unlikely.

Unless Langford becomes exceptionally good in training camp, Edwards is going to get the most minutes among the 4 rookies drafted this year.

I saw him.  He likes to shoot.  He’s better defensively than expected.  But I don’t see him bringing anything else.

As for Langford, who knows.  As the teams top pick I imagine he’ll get plenty of opportunities.  Who know, maybe he sucks.  We’ll find out.

In the meantime, Langford should be higher in the pecking order than another rookie that plays a similar position.

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2019, 03:45:43 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

That's very unlikely.

I saw him.  He likes to shoot.  He’s better defensively than expected.  But I don’t see him bringing anything else.

As for Langford, who knows.  As the teams top pick I imagine he’ll get plenty of opportunities.  Who know, maybe he sucks.  We’ll find out.

In the meantime, Langford should be higher in the pecking order than another rookie that plays a similar position.

That's all Carsen needs to do, be a spark off the bench.

Celts had trouble scoring last season.
Too many times the Celts went on scoring droughts.
That's why when Kyrie couldn't score regularly against the Bucks, after Game 1, Celts couldn't keep up with the Bucks offense.

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2019, 06:36:22 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Mostly fine, Theis is the only one that sticks out. They'll end up throwing Poirier or Williams out there for a different look