Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 204560 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2019, 01:18:03 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 302
Matt George on Twitter (not sure who he is), Mark Bertrand retweeted it said the Celtics are positioned in the three team trade with Philly and Houston to acquire Capela if they land Kemba.

I’m not sure how to post tweets.  Not sure who we would be giving up but that would help fill Al’s defense and KI’s offense. 

@MattGeorgeKHTK

https://twitter.com/MattGeorgeKHTK/status/1144275410911281153

This makes no sense to me at all. Doesn't Philly want to resign Butler? Why would they help Houston get under the cap, where the Rockets can create enough cap room to sign Butler to a max deal? Also, why would Philly help Boston acquire a center, that the Celtics will desperately need? You simply don't help one of your biggest rivals improve.

« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2019, 01:21:02 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Matt George on Twitter (not sure who he is), Mark Bertrand retweeted it said the Celtics are positioned in the three team trade with Philly and Houston to acquire Capela if they land Kemba.

I’m not sure how to post tweets.  Not sure who we would be giving up but that would help fill Al’s defense and KI’s offense. 

@MattGeorgeKHTK

This makes no sense to me at all. Doesn't Philly want to resign Butler? Why would they help Houston get under the cap, where the Rockets can create enough cap room to sign Butler to a max deal? Also, why would Philly help Boston acquire a center, that the Celtics will desperately need? You simply don't help one of your biggest rivals improve.

Why would Boston want to have Smart (or Brown) in Philly? 

« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2019, 01:21:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
johnnygreen, in this scenario Butler is using the threat of leaving for nothing to say the Clippers to force Philly to consider a sign and trade. Houston can not clear enough cap space for Butler, they can only get enough below the hard cap to participate in a sign and trade.

« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2019, 01:23:38 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

@MattGeorgeKHTK

I think Butler told Philly he wants out.  Getting Smart, Tucker, Gordon and picks for someone who wants out is quite a haul. It might even make them better.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2019, 01:24:28 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
johnnygreen, in this scenario Butler is using the threat of leaving for nothing to say the Clippers to force Philly to consider a sign and trade. Houston can not clear enough cap space for Butler, they can only get enough below the hard cap to participate in a sign and trade.

This is what I heard this morning on the podcasts and it also went a step further to say the 76ers were open to getting assets. It looks like the 76ers roll of the dice on Butler may have come up snake eyes. I think they still could have gotten Harris and Harris would have probably been happier there without Butler.

A team of Simmons, Harris, Saric, Covington and Embid spimds pretty promising about now.

« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979

@MattGeorgeKHTK

I think Butler told Philly he wants out.  Getting Smart, Tucker, Gordon and picks for someone who wants out is quite a haul. It might even make them better.

Smart and Embiid on D would be nasty. I don't want to see that ever.

« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2019, 01:25:52 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

@MattGeorgeKHTK

I don't think they would get picks in this scenario. Gordon and Tucker are considered positive assets and the Rockets wanted first rounders for them. Not sure if they get that, but I doubt they need to give up first rounders to get rid of them.

« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2019, 01:27:12 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

@MattGeorgeKHTK

I don't want the Celtics to help Philly if Smart or Brown get to go to Philly.  I rather see Butler just go somewhere else. 

« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2019, 01:27:45 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I do not like the idea of trade smart at all.

Gotta be honest.

I think Smart and Brown work perfectly with Kemba, add to that Tatum and you are on to something. I would rather work something else, I know houston needs and wants capspace, so technically, Langford and cash works.

« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979

Gotta be honest.

I think Smart and Brown work perfectly with Kemba, add to that Tatum and you are on to something. I would rather work something else.

Agreed. I think finding a center for mid level and one year chance to improve their value and keeping Smart is a more favorable choice. Now if Danny believes Capela is the answer then all bets are off but I want Smart in Green.

« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

@MattGeorgeKHTK

I don't want the Celtics to help Philly if Smart or Brown get to go to Philly.  I rather see Butler just go somewhere else.

well it makes no sense to trade either.

there is a big salary that would make more sense to move IMO. and keep the defensive duo of Smart and Brown on the wings to compensate for Kemba.

Romeo, Maximum amount of Cash and a pick to Houston
Capela to Boston.

keeps lots of options open. Trading smart is moronic and short sighted

« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2019, 01:31:57 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

Gotta be honest.

I think Smart and Brown work perfectly with Kemba, add to that Tatum and you are on to something. I would rather work something else, I know houston needs and wants capspace, so technically, Langford and cash works.

How do we sign Kemba and not match salaries for Capela?

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2019, 01:34:55 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Gotta be honest.

How do we sign Kemba and not match salaries for Capela?

I think it's been pointed out that we can S&T Rozier +extras like pics or yabu and we can still absorb a contact like Capela.

I'd rather not have to see Smart 4 times a year and in the playoffs. On D he can guard Kimba/Brow/Hayward/Tatum, which makes no real mismatches for us.

« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Tatum Following kemba on IG.  What the hell is this front office doing ::)

« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

Barring some unforeseen circumstance, Kemba is a Celtic for 4/$140 million according to Woj.  Not sure if the pic is working.