Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 204799 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25586
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Bucks don't have Bird rights on Hill do they? So if they sign other FAs, they'll be looking for a way to squeeze him back in. I assume that's what he means.

Even with non-Bird rights they can offer him 120% of his previous salary.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2019, 04:56:46 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
From Stein:

The Orlando Magic are preparing a four-year offer believed to be in excess of $90 million to their All-Star center Nikola Vucevic in hopes of completing a deal shortly after Sunday's opening bell in free agency, league sources say

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1144701600218398721

Not going to lie, but I thought he'd be getting way more than this. Maybe that's what "in excess of 90M" means?

It means less than 100mm
Yup. Cheaper than I thought, Center market might be soft other than Al apparently.

« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2019, 05:49:20 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 985
New rumors now of Leonard and Lakers. He has supposedly requested meeting with owner and Magic next week. Also rumors of him and KD would like to join forces...what about Kyrie? Though he was KD’s boo. Also hearing on the grapevine KD and Leonard are meeting with Knicks next week as well. Imagine Kyrie in NJ and KD and Leonard in NY. Our division would be quite potent.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sam_amick

« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1399
New rumors now of Leonard and Lakers. He has supposedly requested meeting with owner and Magic next week. Also rumors of him and KD would like to join forces...what about Kyrie? Though he was KD’s boo. Also hearing on the grapevine KD and Leonard are meeting with Knicks next week as well. Imagine Kyrie in NJ and KD and Leonard in NY. Our division would be quite potent.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sam_amick

not happening.

« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2019, 06:10:22 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Quote from: Marc Stein
What we know (we hope) just 48 hours before the start of NBA free agency:

*Kemba to Boston

*Klay stays

*Kyrie to Brooklyn -- unless the Lakers miss on Kawhi and swoop in

*Khris M stays -- unless Milwaukee's five-year offer is less than expected

*Vucevic stays with Orlando

To make this even clearer:

Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler were NOT included in the above list because forecasting where they land is still FLUID for those of us not working in their inner circles (yes, all caps)

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1144726499557330945

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:34:58 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2019, 06:22:04 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!
Your first thoughts on if Kawhi ends up a Faker? Mine:

« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2019, 06:27:58 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 985

😁. No doubt Lebron and Davis agent and LA media machine hard at work putting this stuff out there. They will get someone though with their cap space, just a matter of who.

« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2019, 06:29:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Kawhi, Lebron and Davis: that would suck.

« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2019, 06:39:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1399

😁. No doubt Lebron and Davis agent and LA media machine hard at work putting this stuff out there. They will get someone though with their cap space, just a matter of who.

I believe they will get someone but I would lose about 50% of my interest in the NBA if Leonard went to the Lakers.

Like in some respects it was crazy when the heat teamed up, but at that point none of them was a reigning champion.
Even when Durant went to the Warriors, nobody was coming off a championship (neither durant or the warriors)
If you win a championship where you don't have a fellow top 20 twenty player on your team and you go sign with two top 20 players (possibly top 10 players), it is just extremely bizarre for the league and a non-competitive. From Lebron's standup is anyone going to give him any kind of credit for winning a title with the reigning finals mvp and undisputed best player in the league and another top 5 player. I know we can get down a rabbit hole of the jordan and kobe comparisons or whatever, but that would be just ridiculous and nobody respect the title (even less than people are respecting durant's title and final's mvps). I also think this would hurt interest and attendance around the league. Like Toronto basketball just became much more popular for an entire country. If that team loses its' best player for a guy to go team up with Lebron, how interested are you in the NBA. I wouldn't even be involved in this as a fan and I would think it is pretty lame. For so many reasons I don't think this would ever happen, but I would lose all my respect for Leonard, and some of the respect Lebron has gained back from me if it did.

« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2019, 07:10:39 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 106
He was always going to take a meeting with the Lakers.  Why wouldn't he?  This changes nothing.

« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2019, 07:12:31 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 746
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I want to see Kyrie without a chair. Would love for Brooklyn to say no thanks, the Lakers go elsewhere, Boston to not even offer him a penny and him have to go the the Knicks to lose.

« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2019, 07:16:08 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 562
From Stein:

The Orlando Magic are preparing a four-year offer believed to be in excess of $90 million to their All-Star center Nikola Vucevic in hopes of completing a deal shortly after Sunday's opening bell in free agency, league sources say

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1144701600218398721

Not going to lie, but I thought he'd be getting way more than this. Maybe that's what "in excess of 90M" means?

It means less than 100mm
Yup. Cheaper than I thought, Center market might be soft other than Al apparently.
There's no guarantee that Al actually has a big offer.  Even if he does, it might be contingent on another star acquisition.   The center market is going to be soft overall.  There were only 3 centers draft in the 1st round and only 1 in the top 10. 

« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2019, 07:16:17 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 380
The NBA needs a hard cap with no maximum like the NFL. That would be the end of superteams and make for a fun competitive league.

« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2019, 07:19:18 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 746
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I will puke if Horford goes to the Sixers. That would be a step back for him. No Harris and/or Butler would put them as a 5 or 6 seed. Why would Al do that?

« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2019, 07:23:07 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 624
The NBA needs a hard cap with no maximum like the NFL. That would be the end of superteams and make for a fun competitive league.

Whaa? No maximum? How does that stop super teams?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.