Author Topic: Romeo Langford(merged threads)  (Read 92992 times)

Re: Romeo Langford(merged threads)
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2019, 11:46:35 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I wanted NAW but shortly after we picked this kid I embraced the pick. He was a top 4 or 5 HS 5 star recruit and shot about what Jaylen shot on 3’s as a freshman, but he actually had an excuse.

I think he could bust, but I also think he could be close to a Jaylen level prospect if he proves his poor shooting was injury related and commits to playing D. He’s long, athletic and has prototype size.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2984
Quote from: Tr1boy link=topic=100959.msg2707886#msg2707886 date=15628596 and

laziness (highlights, scouting)

[/quote

THIS ^ ...will kill his career if nothing else does ....least at Boston

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2019, 12:01:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja

wow, you really do have it in for langford. let's give him a couple of years before deciding anything.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2019, 12:38:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
My hope is that he can become a nice bench scoring weapon with some defensive juice in a couple years.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2019, 12:42:26 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Langford will be a good one. Just needs to get the thumb healed.

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2019, 12:54:15 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I just read a slew of scouting reports,draft reports the word lazy wasn't in any of them.
I suggest you watch the tapes and read with comprehension the reports.
AND don't confuse staying even keeled  with lazy.

« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2019, 01:02:52 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
Before joining Indiana his game was compared to.

Bradley Beal, RIP Hamilton, Evan Turner.

Can create and score at all 3 levels. Willing defender.

Beal amd hamilton are terrible comparisons. Langford will not reach their levels.

Turner. Yeah. I can see that.

Scorer at all three levels. That nonesense disnt evem start to become a discussion point till boston media started claiming it after romeo was drafted
Wanna lend me your crystal ball?

Seriously, did Romeo Langford kill your new puppy or something?
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2019, 01:24:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
I am not as nuts about Langford as some here.  He was a good pick at where the C's got him.  It's anyone's guess how he will turn out.  He does seem to have a good ability to finish at the rim.  I guess he would be our back up plan if Jaylen leaves or gets traded.  I am keeping my expectations low.  Hopefully he can be a rotation player at some point.

I know I am going to take heat for this, but he feels similar to James Young.  Drafted late lotto, 6'6", has the ability to get to the rim, probably over-hyped a bit due to his potential.  I certainly don't see the same fire, and aggressiveness and the ability to take over a game that Edwards showed in college.  But what do I know?

I am def rooting for him.

« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2019, 01:54:56 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I am not as nuts about Langford as some here.  He was a good pick at where the C's got him.  It's anyone's guess how he will turn out.  He does seem to have a good ability to finish at the rim.  I guess he would be our back up plan if Jaylen leaves or gets traded.  I am keeping my expectations low.  Hopefully he can be a rotation player at some point.

I know I am going to take heat for this, but he feels similar to James Young.  Drafted late lotto, 6'6", has the ability to get to the rim, probably over-hyped a bit due to his potential.  I certainly don't see the same fire, and aggressiveness and the ability to take over a game that Edwards showed in college.  But what do I know?

The James Young obsession some people have on this board is a bit ridiculous. No, not every late lotto 6'6" player his going to be James Young. We might be watching two different James Youngs, because he's always been awful at getting to the rim because of his bad handles.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2019, 01:59:22 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Dwayne wade....

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2019, 02:03:49 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

The James Young obsession some people have on this board is a bit ridiculous. No, not every late lotto 6'6" player his going to be James Young. We might be watching two different James Youngs, because he's always been awful at getting to the rim because of his bad handles.

And right on cue....lol
I am not saying every late lotto wing is James Young.  I am saying that Langford might be.

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2019, 02:04:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Dwayne wade....

So you think Langford is the next DWade?  well that was a very brief supporting argument, but ok.

« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2019, 02:07:59 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Before joining Indiana his game was compared to.

Bradley Beal, RIP Hamilton, Evan Turner.

Can create and score at all 3 levels. Willing defender.

Beal amd hamilton are terrible comparisons. Langford will not reach their levels.

Turner. Yeah. I can see that.

Scorer at all three levels. That nonesense disnt evem start to become a discussion point till boston media started claiming it after romeo was drafted
Wanna lend me your crystal ball?

Romeo has done nothing in his career to date to lend a comparison to either beal or hamilton.

Nothing.

Both are very capable shooters and very adept at playing off the ball and are very committed to team offense and defense.

Romeos knocks against him are just that. He is bad off the ball, is a bad shooter amd ignores teamates and is non interested in defense.

Right now he is evam turner without defensive effort.

I mean sure, maybe he becomes all nba level performer. An allstar. But history shows that trends players have in college usually translate to the nba.

« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2019, 02:12:17 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

And right on cue....lol
I am not saying every late lotto wing is James Young.  I am saying that Langford might be.
You just used the fact that's he's 6'6" and was picked in the late lotto to compare him to James Young... lol. While you may think correcting someone on an objectively wrong statement (like saying Young was a good finisher) as "taking heat", I like to think of it as constructive to the course of discussion.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:25:38 PM by RPGenerate »
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2019, 02:37:13 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Langford win some minutes by being a strong on-ball defender. Brown was able to win some spot minutes in his rookie year the same way. Defense is usually the way that young players get on the floor during the Stevens era.