Author Topic: Who is giving AL 4 years  (Read 8577 times)

Re: Who is giving AL 4 years
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2019, 09:59:59 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think it comes down to $ I mean 4 years $80 million is a LOT different that 4 years $100+ million. Some team could be dumb enough, Lakers are stupid wouldn't surprise me haha.

I disagree.  I think this is about ensuring title competitiveness AND winning.  Once Kyrie left, Al had to consider that there was very little chance that Boston could overtake Milwaukee or Toronto (if Kawhi stays), not to mention Philly.

He is not just chasing $, so he will definitely go to a team that as constructed can immediately compete for a title.  I think this is GSW, or LAC if they get Kawhi.

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2019, 10:10:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
I think it comes down to $ I mean 4 years $80 million is a LOT different that 4 years $100+ million. Some team could be dumb enough, Lakers are stupid wouldn't surprise me haha.

I disagree.  I think this is about ensuring title competitiveness AND winning.  Once Kyrie left, Al had to consider that there was very little chance that Boston could overtake Milwaukee or Toronto (if Kawhi stays), not to mention Philly.

He is not just chasing $, so he will definitely go to a team that as constructed can immediately compete for a title.  I think this is GSW, or LAC if they get Kawhi.

Clippers should form a Big 3 of Kawhi, Horford, and Butler. That'll be something.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2019, 12:06:24 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I pray it isn't the Sixers. It might be paradoxical, but Butler staying with the Sixers is the best thing for us. Though, if the Sixers figure out whom to deal Simmons for, that could be the key to them being the favorites for the next few years.

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2019, 12:37:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I pray it isn't the Sixers. It might be paradoxical, but Butler staying with the Sixers is the best thing for us. Though, if the Sixers figure out whom to deal Simmons for, that could be the key to them being the favorites for the next few years.

Horford's next destination really won't make lose any sleep, whether it's Philly or wherever.

He did play well here. I wish him luck. And that is all. He's also 33 years old. Not saying he's too old but did feel he started to wear down a bit as the playoffs came around. Having a younger big (Capela, Vucevic, Adams, etc.) would be nice.

Part of it could be Horford needs to be on a team where he can also be granted some nights off to be rested for the playoffs.