Author Topic: Jaylen Brown Full Summer League highlights. This kid is only 19 years old.  (Read 11204 times)

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If he were grow ONE more inch in height it would be very fortunate for the Celtics.

His body should change a good deal next two years with Celtic trainers .  Hopefully he is not another Sully ..wast product.

He might grow some people do at 19.   

I don't think he will be another Sully.   He has a more leaner body and better athletic base to build on.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Ahahaha, when you take all but two or three fouls out of the 'highlight reel' in the op, you're left with only 3:31 of actual baskets, lol ;D. Ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOnt7TfPzEY

I honestly don't care about highlights or the rest.  If he gets hit and draws fouls anything like what we saw in SL, we will all be very pleased.

Is it too much to ask for him to be able to make baskets, as well, though? :-\ I'm really hoping that this won't be an 'either/or' thing with him, lol.

No, and yes it would be nice to convert a few and-1s.  But the next best thing to that is getting to the FT line.  It is the best way to score points in this game.  And by all accounts he can do that.

I was more referring to opportunities like a point blank fast break basket on the left side of the hoop, iirc, which he missed with both hands, and a collective groan on CelticsBlog soon ensued, lol ;D, but I get your point.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He's so quick with that spin move.
So much to like.

Its prob like trying catch a mouse for the big players.

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
He looks good.  His biggest problem is his foot work.  It's a mess and it kills so many parts of his game from shooting to finishing.  If he's got the right work ethic it can be corrected.

Actually I think one of his biggest assets is his footwork. He can drive in either direction, can turn on a dime, and has one of the most explosive first steps I've ever seen. Maybe you are referring to him when he gets tangled up in traffic. Yes, he does have to get better at that.

andre iggy had the same thing.  richard jefferson.   jordan.  just steps.

Nah brother.   That's not what I'm talking about.  He's got fantastic agility.   His first step is world class.  I'm talking about his basketball footwork.  Watch when he jumps or shoots.  His feet are too wide or they aren't set in the right balance.  It's just practice.  Kobe had the same deal.   Hours of getting his feet underneath him.   

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
He looks better than good. If he can take another step in his game by the season opener then we have something.

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
He looks better than good. If he can take another step in his game by the season opener then we have something.

That's a 19 yr old !!!

He's got a definite shot at greatness. Going to be tough to doubt because he's ready to work for it.