Author Topic: Yabusele is our Draymond Green project-looks GREAT  (Read 16903 times)

Re: Yabusele is our Draymond Green project-looks GREAT
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2016, 12:16:41 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
$20 says he'll tear down a backboard eventually (sooner than later), with one of those monster dunks, if he maintains his weight around 250.

Has LeBron torn down a backboard yet? He's bigger and stronger than the French Tank.
His violence and strength on some of those dunks is just vicious.

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the new backboards are designed to withstand monster dunks. Even Shaq had a hard time tearing them down.

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2016, 12:35:10 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I don't intend to dwell on the disaster that was last night

Yeah, it wouldn't be like you to dwell on anything  ::)

tp
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
Second year in a row we reached at #16 for a guy projected in the 2nd round.  Danny apparently doesn't care about trading down.  He seems to ignore intel on what other teams want (perhaps because all the intel we hear is misdirection and garbage?) and just takes the guy he wants regardless of how it's perceived the guy is ranked.

Both Rozier and now this Yabusele kid either need to produce for Boston or they'll be a waste of a pick since nobody is itching to get a 2nd round level asset taken on a #16 pick contract.

That's not to say they will not succeed.  They both might be players.  I'd just guess they have significantly less trade value than a #16 pick. 

How many years do you expect this Yabusele guy will stay overseas?

Draft mocks on websites are just educated opinions. Team's draft mocks are likely significantly different than anything you will find online. Rozier was likely going to OKC or Houston if Ainge didn't snatch him up at 16 last year. I think Ainge actually has a pretty good pulse on what other team's are seeing, and that's exactly why Rozier was taken 16. Don't know about this guy, though.

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2016, 12:58:21 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
This seems like a reasonable pick to me, but probably not a steal. I definitely see why Ainge drafted him, as his combo of size, length and athleticism makes for a nice overall package, and he shot really well on a small sample size from the international 3pt line (27/63) as well as from the FT line (78/101). However, he is bad on defense. He really needs to improve on that end, and even though there is no physical reason he can't be good, he is probably an underdog to ever be average on that end.

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Anyone else loving this pick?
Yabusele looks really, really solid.
He can defend switches, attack closeouts and hit the 3, and has the strength of a gorilla and NBA length at 7'1" with 8'11" standing reach and great agility guarding the perimeter.
He is our version of Draymond Green IMO.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JMedjana/status/607698479922728960I

Read the euro stash comments but I can see him coming in andaying immediately off the bench, especially if Sully/Zeller walk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_byJ_VztiSU

My thoughts exactly. I'm really excited about the pick.

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2016, 04:15:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
There is a real possibility that Yabu become a better player than Brown

Yabu has little holes in his game.   He is a PF/SF but I think if he slimmed down a tad (not much) he could play SF full time also.  Just so quick on his feet.

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2016, 04:21:31 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 384
Ainge drafted Backup Muscle this year....Brown/Yabusele/Bentil....cause he knows KD is skinny.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.