Author Topic: Bk could trade thaddeus young for brandon jennngs  (Read 4510 times)

Re: Bk could trade thaddeus young for brandon jennngs
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 07:07:24 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'd love this as well. Young is there second best player behind Lopez. Either one of these guys go, Brooklyn will only get worse.

I would argue Young is actually probably their best player.

He might not be their highest profile player (since Lopez scores more points, and point scoring is what excites fans) but in terms of actually contributing to team wins...I suspect Young probably does more than Lopez given he is a two-way player and reasonably versatile.

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 07:18:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If they trade Thad for Jennings, it will free up minutes for David Lee after Boston buys him out.  Then watch as David Lee returns to all-star form.  Lol.  That'd be pretty annoying.

Well, a couple of months ago you did say he was our best player.

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 07:34:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If they trade Thad for Jennings, it will free up minutes for David Lee after Boston buys him out.  Then watch as David Lee returns to all-star form.  Lol.  That'd be pretty annoying.

Can we not make this one of these threads.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 08:22:54 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Agreed - watching every thread turn into a personal gladiator fight kinda gets old.  It's just not necessary or productive.

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2016, 08:44:24 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

TP

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2016, 09:13:17 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85

Agreed - watching every thread turn into a personal gladiator fight kinda gets old.  It's just not necessary or productive.

Hilarious...the BEST post on Celtic Blog...EVER!!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:27:05 PM by rutzan »

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm not worried about Lee making the Nets better.  I'd love to see Lee next to Lopez on defense!  And I'd love to watch Jennings do his best Russell Westbrook/Stephen Curry impression for them.

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 09:59:47 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Edit: wrong thread

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 12:16:33 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
I'm not worried about Lee making the Nets better.  I'd love to see Lee next to Lopez on defense!  And I'd love to watch Jennings do his best Russell Westbrook/Stephen Curry impression for them.

Be careful what you wish for.

David Lee has been averaging something like 18 / 10 / 3 Per 36 for us and was up around 50% from the field for much of the season.  If he is put in the right situation, there is every chance that he could put up 14 and 8 in 28 minutes as a starter and make a real impact.

With Lee putting up 14/8 and Lopez putting up 20/8 along with Brandon Jennings filling in the gap at PG and Joe Johnson continuing to have his "very occasional" good games...that could be JUST enough to push the Nets up to he 5th or 6th worst record in the NBA.

Especially looking at the way other teams (Phoenix, Minnesota, Denver) are going lately.

His defense also isn't as bad as people suggest.  If you ask me his defense is a hell of a lot better than Julius Randle's, and I don't think any of us would like to see Randle in Brooklyn right now.