Author Topic: where is vitor faverani?  (Read 1892 times)

where is vitor faverani?
« on: September 06, 2015, 02:25:08 AM »

Offline pj

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Just curious as I havent seen any news about him.

Re: where is vitor faverani?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 02:40:52 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd like to think he is beasting it in a euro league some where.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 02:48:08 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Lately, we really have been scrapping the bottom of the barrel in this blog.

Brazil.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 04:03:30 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Exactly where he should be. Though it's nice to imagine him mentoring Fab on the art of walking upright,  sometimes. In a perfect world...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 05:26:35 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
It kind of kills me to see 7 footers not be able to make it in the NBA. I like to think, "if only I was a fott taller, I'd be out there" when I watch the games, but there are so many examples of how that's just not true.

It's also interesting when guys that could play here choose not to. Remember Krstic? He wasn't great or even good really, but he had a few more years of being a legit NBA player. It boggles my mind how someone who could play in the NBA would choose not to. I wonder how much the language/cultural barriers get in the way.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 05:58:08 AM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
A lot of european players have trouble with the concept or possibility of waking up one morning and being traded to, let's say, Minnesota. Especially the ones with families. They all have the dream to play in the NBA, but for some it isn't exactly what it is supposed to be, so when they get older they prefer to go back.
Take Gigi, for instance. He could make more money staying here, but the money he got from Fenerbahçe isn't so bad - 1.9 million per season - and there he has stability and playing time.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 08:22:30 AM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
Unfortunately, this lazy bum signed with my home team, Maccabi Tel Aviv

http://maccabi.co.il/News.asp?id=4961&lang=en#sthash.1qYTw8Ud.dpbs

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Exactly where he should be. Though it's nice to imagine him mentoring Fab on the art of walking upright,  sometimes. In a perfect world...

With those bum knees of his?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 09:35:39 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
A lot of european players have trouble with the concept or possibility of waking up one morning and being traded to, let's say, Minnesota. Especially the ones with families. They all have the dream to play in the NBA, but for some it isn't exactly what it is supposed to be, so when they get older they prefer to go back.
Take Gigi, for instance. He could make more money staying here, but the money he got from Fenerbahçe isn't so bad - 1.9 million per season - and there he has stability and playing time.

Did anyone want him or offer him a contract? There were a few times on D last year where I said to myself, that is the worst I have ever seen at the NBA level.

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 10:24:10 AM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

Did anyone want him or offer him a contract? There were a few times on D last year where I said to myself, that is the worst I have ever seen at the NBA level.

From what I could tell he didn't exactly pursue it. He signed with Fenerbahçe early in free agency and he had always hinted he prefered going back to Europe than staying here and almost not playing.
But if the Cs didn't have the roster crunch that they do, I'd see them offering him sth like 9M for 3 years. It's hard to imagine no other team from the 29 in the league would do sth similar.
That said, I agree his defense is lousy, so in the NBA he'd never be more than a shooter coming off the bench, as a spark plug.

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 10:29:53 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
I doubt we would have offered him a contract. I think his playing last year was due to 2 things, first we had a real lack of outside shooting and 2nd I think Ainge told Stevens to play him on the off chance he showed something and could turn into a minor asset we could trade. The second is just a guess.

I guess if you make it from your country to the NBA and you realize you are never going to be more than a marginal NBA player it could make sense to go home and be a star or elsewhere and make more money. The real thing is saying you played in the NBA, whats the difference between playing 1 meaningless season or 3?

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
Tossing pizza pies ...

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 10:54:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979

Brazil.

I think Fab Melo gave him a job on the coffee plantation

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 12:42:25 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Brazil.

I'm waiting for a "Bring Back 'Toine" or "Chris Wilcox is the Missing Ingredient" thread.

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 01:10:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja

Brazil.
not quite yet. when threads start popping up on iverson, THEN it's the bottom of the barrel.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva