Author Topic: Don't pick Willie Cauley Stein!!  (Read 14901 times)

Re: Don't pick Willie Cauley Stein!!
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2015, 04:08:37 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Id rather Myles Turner

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2015, 04:32:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Once again, we have no shot of getting WCS or others like Johnson, Winslow, or Dekker. So no need to discuss drafting them
Ainge can always trade up. I think trading up is the best option at this point. I think there is some really good talent at the tail end of the top 10 but a drop-off after that point. So I think this is a good year to try and make a push and move up into that top 10.

It will be extremely difficult to get into the top 3-5 picks but Ainge should be able to get into the 7-10 range where one of those guys (WCS, Johnson, Winslow) is likely to fall and be available.

While I think this is true to a point, if there really is a substantial drop-off, will a team really be willing to trade out of the top 10?  I guess what I'm saying is not that Ainge can't make a trade, but that either it will be very costly, or the decreasing slope of ability/potential isn't really all that steep.

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2015, 03:38:36 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I agree on Towns. I've always thought he was the best player in the draft. Such a unique modern player. I like Booker and Lyles but I'm not sure we need either player. I would pick either if they were best available though. I respectfully disagree on WCS. I think he will be very good and would fit our team well. I also would rather a rim protector that also has some offense but I think WCS will really be a elite defender. I would take Dakari if he is available in the early second round of we haven't taken a center yet.

Strongly agree with all of this.  By the way, good luck to "The Old Lady" in the rest of the Champs League (from a Man City fan).

Thank you very much. Good luck with the remainder of the EPL season. TP. Also thanks for knocking out Roma in the group stages.  ;D

No problem, it was enjoyable... ;)  Nice to see Carlitos scoring at will for your club.

Carlitos was one of my favorite players even before he played with Juventus. His work rate and creativity is so fun to watch. He is more than deserving of the number 10.  :)

Any chance you'd sell us Pogba? We're going to have a fire sale at City at season's end, so if you still like Jovetic, or maybe covet Dzeko, Nasri, Yaya, etc., maybe we could arrange something?  ;)

I loved Jovetic when he played for Fiorentina. His injuries scare me away though. We are trying to get Dybala. I think Juve views him as Tevez's heir. It is possible Morata will go back to Real Madrid in 2016 but it is ultimately up to him. Hopefully he stays but we will see. That is down the road though. So I don't think we need much in attack. We also have Berardi and Zaza at Sassuolo. Berardi looks promising and Zaza seems like a good squad player. As for Yaya we have lots of CMs and I think he will go to Inter to play for Mancini again. I think we will probably sell Pogba in the summer of 2016 after the Euros to Real Madrid or Barcelona for over €100million. Maybe Real Madrid can let us keep Morata as part of the deal. I think that is most likely, sold to Real Madrid for lots of money plus Morata permanently.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Pogba does end up at Real Madrid.  Great player, you should keep him, despite the huge offers that will emerge.  Good luck and have fun against Monaco !!