Author Topic: Bosh/Wade taking 11-12 mil. Melo to Miami ?  (Read 5142 times)

Re: Bosh/Wade taking 11-12 mil. Melo to Miami ?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 05:51:41 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Lebron getting MAX is just for status of his ego.

He makes more out side of Basketball than Wade and Bosh combined. If learned from what the Spurs did, he'd take around 15M and free up more space for the bench.

What Wade and Bosh give up will cover the PG and C spot, but were the Spurs won it was with the bench. I could see players taking cuts to come off the bench, but I think it looks really bad that everyone else is taking cuts, and Lebron, who unlike Wade should get one more good contract.

Ehhh...I want to like this guy, once in a while he does some thing that makes me like him, but then he pulls this off and I don't get it. He can make a great living just off of endorsements alone. He's also going to have work after basketball, unlike most of his teammates. He blames ownership for not surrounding him with quality players to help him out, and yet he wants MAX.

Lame.....

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!

He makes more out side of Basketball than Wade and Bosh combined. If learned from what the Spurs did, he'd take around 15M and free up more space for the bench.

What Wade and Bosh give up will cover the PG and C spot, but were the Spurs won it was with the bench. I could see players taking cuts to come off the bench, but I think it looks really bad that everyone else is taking cuts, and Lebron, who unlike Wade should get one more good contract.

Ehhh...I want to like this guy, once in a while he does some thing that makes me like him, but then he pulls this off and I don't get it. He can make a great living just off of endorsements alone. He's also going to have work after basketball, unlike most of his teammates. He blames ownership for not surrounding him with quality players to help him out, and yet he wants MAX.

Lame.....

TP.

Him going to Miami to win titles yet taking the max when Heat bench has been put out to pasture makes no sense. Could all be a smokescreen and he could take less in the end. That would give him some pub.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 05:58:43 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

Lame.....

TP.

Him going to Miami to win titles yet taking the max when Heat bench has been put out to pasture makes no sense. Could all be a smokescreen and he could take less in the end. That would give him some pub.

If he put this out there, and then takes less for the "Good of the Team", I'd hate him even more.... >:( 

And yet I could see him doing this in replace of the "Decision" to lift his ego even more! LOL

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Lame.....
He'd make over 50 mil per year if there was no salary cap.  He deserves every penny that team pays him.  Especially after carrying those scrubs on his back to the Finals. 

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Lame.....
He'd make over 50 mil per year if there was no salary cap.  He deserves every penny that team pays him.  Especially after carrying those scrubs on his back to the Finals.

I agree he would and should make $50m with no cap, but telling Bosh and Wade to accept half their salaries is... well... wow.  I can't believe they are complying.  P*ssies.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 06:16:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Lame.....

I agree he would and should make $50m with no cap, but telling Bosh and Wade to accept half their salaries is... well... wow.  I can't believe they are complying.  P*ssies.
I mean... all the talk about how Bron can make money in endorsements... It goes both ways.  Bosh/Wade stand to make a lot more money in endorsements by being LeBron's sidekicks on a relevant NBA Dynasty... as opposed to being key contributors on a 42 win also-ran Heat team.

THey probably stand to make more money if Bron is still with them.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Lame.....

I mean... all the talk about how Bron can make money in endorsements... It goes both ways.  Bosh/Wade stand to make a lot more money in endorsements by being LeBron's sidekicks on a relevant NBA Dynasty... as opposed to being key contributors on a 42 win also-ran Heat team.

THey probably stand to make more money if Bron is still with them.

No, according to Forbes, Wade makes $12 million in endorsements, no more than he was making without James.  Bosh makes only a couple million currently.  They, without a doubt, are giving up significant earnings (Wade by about 30% and Bosh by about 45%) while Lebron increases his by about 1%.  It's so selfish.... Of course Lebron could prove rumours wrong and also take a pay cut.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:38:16 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Bosh should be making more than Wade, for sure. Bosh could've gotten 4 year, $60M on the open market. That's a lot to give up to stay in Miami. Wade got about what he'd likely receive on the open market.

Either way, LeBron is a definite to return now. Be funny if he didn't though, and sacked up and became a C.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Seems Bosh is the big sacrifice here.  Wade is above market.  He should ask for 10 mm a year for 5 years, with an opt out after 2-3 years. this gives him protection down the road, and also enables him to renegotiate should they need more cap space the next 2-3 years.

The Heat 3, to their credit, have come up with a good formula for keeping the team competitive for a long time, as long as Lebron is able to play at elite level.  I hate it, but I admire it. 

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 07:30:19 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

Lame.....

Yeah, he deserves very penny, but that's not the point. He was sitting there after the loss saying they could learn something from the Spurs, about team, and needing a better team. Then he asks his teammates and friends to take a pay cut, that could use it, especially Wade since this is going to be his last payday, to only demand a MAX contract, is poor leadership. When he makes plenty on the side, and all the other players make garbage on the side compared to him.

Wheres the sacrifice to the team? He complains about ownership not giving him support, yet he handicaps them with wanted the MAX. But it's okay for his buddies to take such a cut? They were the older team in the finals, this wont help that much. They'll upgrade at PG and C, but what about the bench?

Again this could be a ploy to take a cut and look like a generous Queen and he's ready to sacrifice his pay for the better of the team.  ::) 

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 08:02:34 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Lame.....

Yeah, he deserves very penny, but that's not the point. He was sitting there after the loss saying they could learn something from the Spurs, about team, and needing a better team. Then he asks his teammates and friends to take a pay cut, that could use it, especially Wade since this is going to be his last payday, to only demand a MAX contract, is poor leadership. When he makes plenty on the side, and all the other players make garbage on the side compared to him.

Wheres the sacrifice to the team? He complains about ownership not giving him support, yet he handicaps them with wanted the MAX. But it's okay for his buddies to take such a cut? They were the older team in the finals, this wont help that much. They'll upgrade at PG and C, but what about the bench?

Again this could be a ploy to take a cut and look like a generous Queen and he's ready to sacrifice his pay for the better of the team.  ::)

If he demands the most money possible, fine. If he is willing to give up money for the team's benefit, fine.  But he wants credit for both... it's nauseating.  Perhaps, if I watched him give his heart and soul in the loss to the Spurs, and many other difficult games, I would not care.  But he begs for the easy way out, for his teammates to take massive paycuts, for more money, while calling himself the King and the Chosen One.  Yuck.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »

Offline Humpty Dumpty

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
Take this for what you want, but free agent Pau Gasol had a conversation with Pat Riley.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
I thought LeBron was worth around $70 million a year back in 2010.

This time around, with increasing team values, I reckon LeBron could have gotten $100 million a season. The Knicks and Nets in the East. The Lakers and Clippers in the West. I think those four teams could pony up that type of cash. Outside bet - Chicago. The Bulls paid Jordan major money back in 97 and 98. They might do it again.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
QuoteModify
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/statuses/484078698899857408

@daldridgetnt  - Agent Henry Thomas, on report clients Bosh & Wade will take $12M/per & $11M/per, respectively: "all the BS you are reading is just that."