Author Topic: Bring back Doc !  (Read 5963 times)

Re: Bring back Doc !
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
Quite possibly but, at the same time, would you sell to someone you despise and who you might seen as a big cause of your problems?  Would you give him the ultimate satisfaction of taking over your team that you have been forced to sell?

Just throwing it out there.
Wouldn't shock me if the league tries to buy out Sterling, operate the team for a time, then sell it. They'd have to pay Sterling market rate or maybe even a bit better but it may be cheaper for the NBA to do this than go to court if Sterling pushes the issue.

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2014, 05:52:59 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
On a somewhat tangential note, I did want to throw out there that I have zero sympathy for Doc Rivers.  Let me caveat all of this by saying that I think Sterling is a despicable human being and that I liked Doc a lot when he was here. 

But...

Doc knew full well what he was getting into when he jumped ship to the Clippers.  Sterling's history of racism (and general ineptitude as an owner) is well-documented for a long time, yet Doc still chose to walk away from a spectacular ownership group in Boston (and a great relationship with Danny) for essentially greedy reasons. 

So I think that Doc has every reason in the world to find Sterling just as reprehensible as the rest of us do, but as far as I'm concerned, Doc essentially sold his soul to the devil on this one and deserves no one's sympathy. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:58:45 PM by Jon »

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 06:25:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
/Agreed

Doc took the money and this bad situation for the money, better players and the climate.   I don't want him back.

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
If Doc Rivers brings back CP3, Blake, and DeAndre Jordan, and helps us win a ring, then all is forgiven. ;)

Yuuuup

LOLOLOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
/Agreed

Doc took the money and this bad situation for the money, better players and the climate.   I don't want him back.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!