Author Topic: No one has started a thread on these guys  (Read 5453 times)

No one has started a thread on these guys
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:15:13 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
As far as I can tell, the following players projected as first round picks by Draft Express have not been mentioned in the title of threads in the draft subforum that have been started since last year's draft:

James Young
Dario Saric
Nik Stauskas
Adreian Payne
Wayne Selden
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Deonte Burton
CJ Wilcox

If you're looking to make a name for yourself on the forum, maybe you can do some research on one of these players and make a case that Ainge should draft him, looking to move up or down in the draft if necessary.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:23:47 PM by LooseCannon »
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: No one has started a thread on these guys
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:45:01 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'm all about James Young.  Granted I'm not basing that on a lot, but I def think he is an intriguing talent.  I dig long-armed wings that can shoot.  Hopefully he's available with our Brooklyn pick.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:48:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I hope Bogdan Bogdanovic goes to a team with an awesome home court announcer.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 11:56:11 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
James Young is a beast. I think he's going to be one of the steals of the draft and I really hope the Atl/Brooklyn pick is high enough for the C's to nab him. I hear great things about Bogdanovic as well and Payne or Selden will be really good role players on any team.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

There is a near 100% chance that he will go to the Spurs, but at least Marv Albert announces a lot of big games.  BB looks really good - he's a 6'6" SG that is dominating one of the better international leagues and he can shoot from outside.  There is tons of scouting on him since he is playing in the Adriatic League.  Biggest knock is that he is 21 already.  He will thrive in San Antonio when every other team passes on him, but I think he will need a system like that to really reach his potential.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 12:43:44 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
I was expecting to see Mark Karpeles as one of the names on this list.  Shocked there is no thread about him yet today.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 12:54:50 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Fan of Payne.   Wouldn't mind taking him with Brooklyn pick.  Maybe trade down before taking him. 

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

There is a near 100% chance that he will go to the Spurs, but at least Marv Albert announces a lot of big games.  BB looks really good - he's a 6'6" SG that is dominating one of the better international leagues and he can shoot from outside.  There is tons of scouting on him since he is playing in the Adriatic League.  Biggest knock is that he is 21 already.  He will thrive in San Antonio when every other team passes on him, but I think he will need a system like that to really reach his potential.

Is Brad Stevens the kind of coach who would create a system like that?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I was expecting to see Mark Karpeles as one of the names on this list.  Shocked there is no thread about him yet today.

Who is that?

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
James Young can really score, I have watched a lot of their games and him and Randle are the two best prospects on that team.  He can knock down threes and get to the hoop...I would be ok with him but Hairston is the guy for me with the C's second pick

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 09:17:21 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Is Brad Stevens the kind of coach who would create a system like that?
More importantly, is Mike Gorman the right fit for a name like that?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15

The blue ball bouncing dough boy is one of the most hated people in the world right now.  Did he lose your money too?

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 09:43:54 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

The blue ball bouncing dough boy is one of the most hated people in the world right now.  Did he lose your money too?

Not to get political, but I am rooting for bitcoin to fail.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15

Not to get political, but I am rooting for bitcoin to fail.

Bitcoin may very well fail, but it wont be sunk by tech nerds mismanaging to manage hundreds of millions of dollars. It will likely be because something that improves upon it comes along.  The MySpace to Facebook analogy hits pretty spot on.  The world of finance needs to be turned on its head, this is just the first shot fired.

As not to get off topic, I think Wayne Selden could be a good under the radar guy with a solid NBA career.