Author Topic: Celtics NEED to trade for a young (even if unproven) center  (Read 6598 times)

Re: Celtics NEED to trade for a young (even if unproven) center
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
So next year we go to battle with this same team, one year older, and no additions except a mediocre back up center. Dont like it.

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 03:18:13 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
So next year we go to battle with this same team, one year older, and no additions except a mediocre back up center. Dont like it.

Mediocre back up center, Jeff Green and a first round pick. Not to mention a year of development on Avery and JJJ.

I know its not mind blowing but D Howards not walking through the door and options will be limited.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Go get Asik!  Bulls are gonna lose him in the offseason.  They could use Ray.  I know the numbers don't match, but sure they could figure it out.

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
I'd offer Phoenix a pair of second rounders for Robin Lopez.

R.Lopez is leaving the Suns in the summer anyway so they may let him go at a cheap price. If that wasn't enough, I would be happy with giving up the Clippers first rounder for him.

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
Give me Kosta Koufos over Mozgov.

He's a better back to basket player than Mozgov is. He's not as better defensively though but it can manage.

Denver has four centers and long term plans with Nene so go for one of the youngsters. Either Koufos or Mozgov will improve our roster right now and don't require much capspace in the future.

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Yi Jianlian

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 08:40:10 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Go get Asik!  Bulls are gonna lose him in the offseason.  They could use Ray.  I know the numbers don't match, but sure they could figure it out.

Asik is subject to the Gilbert Arenas provision, so he can't be given a contract that starts higher than the average salary.  If he's not a Bull next season, it's probably because Chicago did some sort of sign-and-trade or because they really, really want to avoid the luxury tax even if it makes them less competitive.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
CENTERS!
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
Getting someone else's young big man is really hard to do. If they're any good the other team isn't trading them.  There is lack of true young post players right now throuout the league.  It's why KG can play center against most teams.   

With 1 of our 2 draft picks this year we should draft Myers Leonard from Illinois.  A ton of potnetial.  He's a little immature but he runs the court extremly well and is a true 7 footer who can block shots and rebound. Most experts have him being selected somewhere between picks # 12 - 20.   

This would be a wasted pick. There are plenty of players available from 12-20 who could become instant contributors. That's a dumb move.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
put  a "WANTED" ad in the newspapers or trading post .... warm  body 7' needed

BRING BACK SHAQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 09:35:35 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I'd try to get Asik.  He's in the same position as Gortat two years ago: he's going to demand top dollar; he's behind a face-of-the-franchise player (Noah); with the new cap rules, the Bulls can't afford to keep him.

Asik >>> Robin Lopez

"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'd try to get Asik.  He's in the same position as Gortat two years ago: he's going to demand top dollar; he's behind a face-of-the-franchise player (Noah); with the new cap rules, the Bulls can't afford to keep him.

Asik >>> Robin Lopez

That's not saying much since Lopez averages 5.6 points and 3 rebounds for his career

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 09:47:13 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 09:54:16 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
We don't have to trade any peices away to get an unproven center... for one we already have one in Steamer and two we can just waive Wilcox and wait for some buy outs.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Mediocre back up center, Jeff Green and a first round pick. Not to mention a year of development on Avery and JJJ.

I know its not mind blowing but D Howards not walking through the door and options will be limited.

Yes but KG and RayRay wont be walking through that door either they'll be limping.